I'm Back!!

Old Sep 1st 2006, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

Crispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm Back!!

So. . . Basically, I've been back for coming on 3 months. Returned from MN, USA 2 weeks after I finished High school. I left mainly because I wanted to start working and earning. I was also sick to death of living somewhere which I disliked; although, I was slightly sad to leave after 3 years of living there. The 1st & 2nd years were completely Sh*t though to be honest! But yes. . . I did end making some good friends, and did finally adapt to living in America - key word being 'adapt'.

For some reason I never managed to *truly* settle in whilst in America, I still don't why. Everything about me changed, I went from bubbly, outgoing sarcastic chappy... to depressing, sad, pesermistic teenager. I wasn't happy and only things that subsided those feelings were material possessions, surprise surprise.

Now I'm back, I feel just like I used to, but better. Completely regained confidence in myself, I'm happy practically all of the time and absolutley loving being back. Even more so now that my parents have come back, and I'm not living with my Nan! Our house is small, all out shit came the other day and our house is just absolutley insane... boxes just everywhere! Had to hire some storage as obviously our little english semi, is no match to the mighty wooden monster. But asides the stress and small irratations of moving, overall I'm very happy to be back. I have no regrets what-so-ever about the decision to move back.

In relation to my goal to get a job -Just today I scored an apprenticeship at Mercedes Benz as a Service Technicain which is absolutley phemonomial, and I'm chuffed to bits I got the postion. I had spent the last 2 months going to every garage, dealership in my city looking for an apprenticeship and had no luck what-so-ever, being as I turned up just after they had taken on new apprentices - bad time of year!

My little brother has managed to get himself into a football academy, which is a source for major teams. He gets paid to play matches for them, and will enroll in full time college studying sports science at the local technology college. Also awesome because we couldn't get him into college as they [parents and he] arrived to late, and after enrollment call. He also has no education qualifications as he was pulled out of school in 10th grade.

My dad also got a job that he wanted. He's in sales, and managed to get the areas he wanted, also has a strong interest in what he's selling. A change from the job in america where it was more office based, I think he likes to travel more, which he will be doing alot of. And my mum, doesn't have a job yet, but has plenty of interviews lined up!

But yeah.. on whole, I'm very happy to be back. I can only see things getting a lot better from now on.

It's quite brief... ish. But if anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer. I kind of blanked while writing this as it got pretty late - so I may some more important info later on.

Chris
Old Sep 1st 2006, 1:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm Back!!

Originally Posted by Crispyuk88
So. . . Basically, I've been back for coming on 3 months. Returned from MN, USA 2 weeks after I finished High school. I left mainly because I wanted to start working and earning. I was also sick to death of living somewhere which I disliked; although, I was slightly sad to leave after 3 years of living there. The 1st & 2nd years were completely Sh*t though to be honest! But yes. . . I did end making some good friends, and did finally adapt to living in America - key word being 'adapt'.

For some reason I never managed to *truly* settle in whilst in America, I still don't why. Everything about me changed, I went from bubbly, outgoing sarcastic chappy... to depressing, sad, pesermistic teenager. I wasn't happy and only things that subsided those feelings were material possessions, surprise surprise.

Now I'm back, I feel just like I used to, but better. Completely regained confidence in myself, I'm happy practically all of the time and absolutley loving being back. Even more so now that my parents have come back, and I'm not living with my Nan! Our house is small, all out shit came the other day and our house is just absolutley insane... boxes just everywhere! Had to hire some storage as obviously our little english semi, is no match to the mighty wooden monster. But asides the stress and small irratations of moving, overall I'm very happy to be back. I have no regrets what-so-ever about the decision to move back.

In relation to my goal to get a job -Just today I scored an apprenticeship at Mercedes Benz as a Service Technicain which is absolutley phemonomial, and I'm chuffed to bits I got the postion. I had spent the last 2 months going to every garage, dealership in my city looking for an apprenticeship and had no luck what-so-ever, being as I turned up just after they had taken on new apprentices - bad time of year!

My little brother has managed to get himself into a football academy, which is a source for major teams. He gets paid to play matches for them, and will enroll in full time college studying sports science at the local technology college. Also awesome because we couldn't get him into college as they [parents and he] arrived to late, and after enrollment call. He also has no education qualifications as he was pulled out of school in 10th grade.

My dad also got a job that he wanted. He's in sales, and managed to get the areas he wanted, also has a strong interest in what he's selling. A change from the job in america where it was more office based, I think he likes to travel more, which he will be doing alot of. And my mum, doesn't have a job yet, but has plenty of interviews lined up!

But yeah.. on whole, I'm very happy to be back. I can only see things getting a lot better from now on.

It's quite brief... ish. But if anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer. I kind of blanked while writing this as it got pretty late - so I may some more important info later on.

Chris
I'm made up for you Chris, really good news to hear, cheese to you and yours, keep us up to date then
Old Sep 1st 2006, 1:27 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one mate - glad to hear its going well so far.
Btw is a service tech a mechanic ???
Old Sep 1st 2006, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of

Glad to hear that you are happy Chris!
Old Sep 1st 2006, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Location: Lancashire - Vic, Oz - hopefully Yorkshire or Devon
Basil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of light

What a great post!

So glad that you are happy to be back amongst the things that make you feel like you

I'll be back in Lancashire in just over 5 weeks & am really beginning to feel the nerves kicking in now. I have just 3 weeks notice left to serve in my job & the magnitude of what we're doing really hit me the other day when I saw my job advertised on the web :scared:

One day I feel excited & the next I feel sick with nerves & anxiety! I'm sure that everyone gets to ride this emotional roller-coaster when they are making such a big life changing decision though.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Always21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the Merc job, Chris. Nice one! That's great that your parents came back too. It's good to hear that you feel you belong again. I can totally relate to not really feeling happy in the US. I am always stressed here. I'm hoping I'll feel the same as you when I return to the UK in TWELVE DAYS!!!

BB, I know exactly what you mean about being excited and sick with nerves at the same time. We settle on selling our house next Friday. The buyer is bringing her inspector back this morning to inspect the repairs we had done. These people are really pinickity and I'm worried something won't be good enough for them and it's all going to go wrong. I will be so glad when this is all over.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: I'm Back!!

chris
i wondered how you were going?!
im so glad you feel happy. even the way you are writing, you sound like a different person!
keep us up to date with it all
c xxx
Old Sep 1st 2006, 12:46 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Always21
Congratulations on the Merc job, Chris. Nice one! That's great that your parents came back too. It's good to hear that you feel you belong again. I can totally relate to not really feeling happy in the US. I am always stressed here. I'm hoping I'll feel the same as you when I return to the UK in TWELVE DAYS!!!
I was wondering about you, I knew your time is getting close and thought maybe you were too busy to come on here.

Glad to see you're happy Crispy!! Nice one on the apprenticeship job too.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

What wonderful news, it is a worry for anyone returning but posts like yours help to set aside those worries...
Old Sep 1st 2006, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladylisa
What wonderful news, it is a worry for anyone returning but posts like yours help to set aside those worries...
Dont they just and good luck to you Lisa.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Crispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Nice one mate - glad to hear its going well so far.
Btw is a service tech a mechanic ???
Yep :-) Just a posher name

Thanks for all the kind words you lot, very comforting!
It is very hard during the upcoming to going back; my birthday was on the 19th June. And on it, I went to a theme park in MN with my ex girlfriend for a final good bye. Anyway… short story short it was crap, I was horribly ill and was sick all day, spent the entire day in the medical hut, and didn’t go on any rides!
Next day I was supposed to fly home, when the day came I was in the same situation and puking up in the middle of the airport; my flight was cancelled and rescheduled for 2 days later. The next day I was still and sick, and the day of my flight home I was still relatively sick but couldn’t afford to cancel again, so I did fly home that day.

The medical side is a bit of mystery as I hadn’t eaten or done anything that could have caused it, and it was in the end put down to nerves – nerves of coming home. It was kinder weird as I was so eager to be coming back, and to have been so sick and nervous about actually flying home, but not actually thinking negative things! Just goes to show how big the decision is really I suppose.

But, as stated it’s bloody horrible with all that stuff going on in your head; but, if your strong enough to make the decision in the first place, and positive about going back -You’ll have an immense motivation to succeed back here and hopefully like myself start enjoying life/things again =]

Ta
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to read your post and to see how well you are getting on.

I fully understand where the nerves and the head bit is too. I am going through that tight now. Doesn't seem to stop even when I am sleeping. It totally wears me out.

Its great to hear someone so positive, and that where I think we all have to try and accept the ups and downs of the UK, warts and all.

Good luck to you, and hope that the job turns out good for you too.

Whisky
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Location: Lancashire - Vic, Oz - hopefully Yorkshire or Devon
Basil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of lightBasil Brush is a glorious beacon of light

BB, I know exactly what you mean about being excited and sick with nerves at the same time. We settle on selling our house next Friday. The buyer is bringing her inspector back this morning to inspect the repairs we had done. These people are really pinickity and I'm worried something won't be good enough for them and it's all going to go wrong. I will be so glad when this is all over.
Hope all goes well with the house sale Jeremai - fingers X'd for ya!

My FIL has just offered to find a car for me so that I can be independant as soon as I arrive back, that way I can begin looking for work immediately. This is a big help as it's one less thing to worry about - I really didn't like the thought of buying a car without my hubby with me...people tend to take advantage of women buying cars! :scared:

Not long for you now - how's your wife feeling?

BB
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Always21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Basil Brush
Hope all goes well with the house sale Jeremai - fingers X'd for ya!

My FIL has just offered to find a car for me so that I can be independant as soon as I arrive back, that way I can begin looking for work immediately. This is a big help as it's one less thing to worry about - I really didn't like the thought of buying a car without my hubby with me...people tend to take advantage of women buying cars! :scared:

Not long for you now - how's your wife feeling?

BB
Thanks. Everything was OK on Friday so it's full steam ahead for settlement on Thursday. They had to bring it forward from Friday but said we can still stay here Thursday night as that's what we were planning. Actually, the buyer isn't moving in until the 15th so we probably could have stayed until we leave if we had asked, and saved having to book a hotel room. It's not like we're going to have anything here to do after the packers come on Wednesday though!

That's great that you should have a car as soon as you get back. My parents have just bought a new car and have kept their old one for us. It's got high mileage but they have put a lot of money into it to keep it running well for us. They are so wonderful. I know people say not to go back for family reasons because you'll be disappointed but I just know I won't be disappointed going from virtually no family support to so much support!

My wife is really excited and can't wait to leave, although that may have something to do with living in a house full of boxes right now. She has already said goobye to her mother and sister, because they live in Arkansas and Texas, and she was fine. She's already had that chance to get used to being separated from her family. She will be most sad about saying goodbye to her grandparents. They have been more like grandparents to our boys than great-grandparents.
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Everything was OK on Friday so it's full steam ahead for settlement on Thursday. They had to bring it forward from Friday but said we can still stay here Thursday night as that's what we were planning. Actually, the buyer isn't moving in until the 15th so we probably could have stayed until we leave if we had asked, and saved having to book a hotel room. It's not like we're going to have anything here to do after the packers come on Wednesday though!

That's great that you should have a car as soon as you get back. My parents have just bought a new car and have kept their old one for us. It's got high mileage but they have put a lot of money into it to keep it running well for us. They are so wonderful. I know people say not to go back for family reasons because you'll be disappointed but I just know I won't be disappointed going from virtually no family support to so much support!

My wife is really excited and can't wait to leave, although that may have something to do with living in a house full of boxes right now. She has already said goobye to her mother and sister, because they live in Arkansas and Texas, and she was fine. She's already had that chance to get used to being separated from her family. She will be most sad about saying goodbye to her grandparents. They have been more like grandparents to our boys than great-grandparents.
If I'm right thinking your wife is American dont forget to give her the yankee forum website. There will be times when she may feel homesick so she would enjoy talking to other Americans.

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.