Wikiposts

Icky Day

Old Sep 26th 2007, 2:55 am
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Icky Day

Having a bit of a yucky day. I'm sitting here at work listening to an Irish CD I bought a few weeks ago. Never bothered me before, but today, a song came on that my Mum always plays, and it made me all sad. Wonder why the homesickness hits you worse on some days more than others?

I want to go home.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 3:33 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Icky Day

Poor Kate. I know just how you feel mate. Hang in there. One day soon you'll be singing that song with her.
When i was really ohmesick i tried to focus on the fact that i DO have home to look forward to. I have something to aim for and i was going to get it. That usually cheered me up.

Big hugs xx
Old Sep 26th 2007, 2:48 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by katesbackagain
Having a bit of a yucky day. I'm sitting here at work listening to an Irish CD I bought a few weeks ago. Never bothered me before, but today, a song came on that my Mum always plays, and it made me all sad. Wonder why the homesickness hits you worse on some days more than others?

I want to go home.
This happens to me. Certain songs remind me of people or places i have been to, bringing back happy memories. Don't get me wrong, i have songs that remind me of things i hate too
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kate

hugs to you. As Flea said, know you will get back one day and remember that. Its not fun when you're homesick though, hang in there xxx
Old Sep 27th 2007, 12:16 am
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm a lot better than I was a few months ago, as I've managed to get my other problems somewhat under control, and I've found surprising support within a couple of my colleagues.

My turn is coming, and the time is flying quite a bit, so before I know it, I'll be on a plane back. Better day today, and thanks again.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 2:59 am
Just Joined

laudie is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Icky Day

I am new here but, feel the same way. I have lived in the U.S. for many years, my children were born in Rhode Island and San Francisco. I get homesick a lot, the older I get. I live in Memphis and love it. I am a huge Elvis fan and meet tons of them walking around town, at Graceland Mansion and on Beale Street....they all want to live here and I don't blame them, it is a great experience but, I want to go back home within the next year. I need to spend time with my brothers and sister and cousins, etc and I would rather die on British soil.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:25 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by laudie
I am new here but, feel the same way. I have lived in the U.S. for many years, my children were born in Rhode Island and San Francisco. I get homesick a lot, the older I get. I live in Memphis and love it. I am a huge Elvis fan and meet tons of them walking around town, at Graceland Mansion and on Beale Street....they all want to live here and I don't blame them, it is a great experience but, I want to go back home within the next year. I need to spend time with my brothers and sister and cousins, etc and I would rather die on British soil.
welcome to BE laudie

pack up your bags and head across the pond, time does not stand still
Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:53 am
Former Floridian

I live in Memphis and love it. I am a huge Elvis fan and meet tons of them walking around town, at Graceland Mansion and on Beale Street....
Mum took me to Graceland for my 30th birthday, and all I can say is....wow. I always liked Elvis's music as Mum's also a huge fan, but I saw him in a whole new light after I went there. I actually felt like crying when we got to his gravesite, as it was such an emotional and respectful atmosphere. Awesome place.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Yes, it is amazing how many Elvis fans are 'out there'. I meet a lot of them because I live in the old Lauderdale Courts housing complex. It was redeveloped in 2004 and the apartment where Elvis lived with his parents and grandma is directly under me. My entire apartment is Elvis memorabilia and I wonder how the heck I am going to send it all home. Does anyone know the cheapest way to move belongings back to England?...
Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it is amazing how many Elvis fans are 'out there'. I meet a lot of them because I live in the old Lauderdale Courts housing complex. It was redeveloped in 2004 and the apartment where Elvis lived with his parents and grandma is directly under me. My entire apartment is Elvis memorabilia and I wonder how the heck I am going to send it all home. Does anyone know the cheapest way to move belongings back to England?...
Hello and welcome to BE.

Depends on how much you have. You can use part of a container iif you've not got enough to fill a complete container. If you've only got bits and bobs you may want to use a regular delivery service. Use the search option located in the pink bar at the top of the page...you should find old threads on this very subject. Just shout out if you need any help.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

JULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond repute

I want to go home.
Have a glass of wine and plan a trip for the future or even book a trip home if you can. I am still planning mine. And what a plan it is when we finally do get there ... I shan't get back to Blighty for some time/years in fact ... I feel your pain...
Old Sep 28th 2007, 8:04 am
Former Floridian

Originally Posted by JULIEROSE
Have a glass of wine and plan a trip for the future or even book a trip home if you can. I am still planning mine. And what a plan it is when we finally do get there ... I shan't get back to Blighty for some time/years in fact ... I feel your pain...

Luckily, my wait isn't as long as I feel like it is. I have a lease until March 2008 on my apartment, and I deliberately didn't sign a 12 month one as I wanted to give myself a nearby goal. I think my various problems should be well and truly sorted by then, also, so it'll be a good time to go back. I don't want to leave hating this place, but I need to get out now as I'm already starting to.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Sounds like me. I keep not wanting to renew my lease because I will then feel 'stuck'. I think I have done everything I can at this location and feel a big change coming on. That lonesome feeling of missing home and the pride of being British is a bit like a fever. I think my plan is to figure it all out by March as well and just do it. You are not alone!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute

Luckily, my wait isn't as long as I feel like it is. I have a lease until March 2008 on my apartment, and I deliberately didn't sign a 12 month one as I wanted to give myself a nearby goal. I think my various problems should be well and truly sorted by then, also, so it'll be a good time to go back. I don't want to leave hating this place, but I need to get out now as I'm already starting to.
Hi Kate;

With all the planning to do, March will be here soon, I promise. It goes so much faster than you think. I wish you so much luck, and let me know as soon as you get here. We'll meet at the pub and have a few.

tara
Old Sep 30th 2007, 9:13 pm
Account Closed

lanky spoken here is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to go home.
I can understand. Just play your favs from home and I used to play Danny Boy which the Texans hated

Texas...something I scrape off my shoe in a cow field.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.