Iceland Air

Old Apr 17th 2017, 5:24 am
Just Joined

mcleodfamily is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Iceland Air

Hello,
My parents are looking to fly with Iceland air Edmonton to Glasgow on British Passports and Canadian PR cards, we were looking at the lay over time and I believe it was around 55 min long.

we were a little concerned about a short layover time and clearing customs in Iceland on both flights going to the UK and on the way back.

I was just curious is anyone on here has done the Edmonton to Glasgow Iceland air flight or any flight to the UK with them and how their experiences with customs and the shirt layover were?

Thank you..
Old Apr 17th 2017, 8:57 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iceland Air

Originally Posted by mcleodfamily View Post
Hello,
My parents are looking to fly with Iceland air Edmonton to Glasgow on British Passports and Canadian PR cards, we were looking at the lay over time and I believe it was around 55 min long.

we were a little concerned about a short layover time and clearing customs in Iceland on both flights going to the UK and on the way back.

I was just curious is anyone on here has done the Edmonton to Glasgow Iceland air flight or any flight to the UK with them and how their experiences with customs and the shirt layover were?

Thank you..
If they are in transit and only changing planes why would they need to go through customs?
Old Apr 17th 2017, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

If they are on a single ticket , Edmonton - glasgow - then even if the Edmonton to Iceland flight is delayed, Iceland Air will get them on the next flight to Glasgow. They will clear customs/immigration at glasgow.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 9:52 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quiltman View Post
If they are on a single ticket , Edmonton - glasgow - then even if the Edmonton to Iceland flight is delayed, Iceland Air will get them on the next flight to Glasgow. They will clear customs/immigration at glasgow.
Thats what I'm thinking, I don't see any reason for them having to clear customs or immigration in Iceland.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

RGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond repute

You'd stay outside Schengen with a connection like that.

No immigration and no customs, although you could go inside Schengen if you wanted to (to access the lounge, for example) or avoid the crowds in the non-Schengen side of the terminal.