Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I would love to move back!

I would love to move back!

Old Nov 11th 2003, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

WheelsOfSteel is on a distinguished road

If you could bring the good things of England together in one place, I would never have left.

Trying to get out for a stroll in the lovely areas of England takes a lifetime and when you get there, you are sharing it with everyone else who had the same idea.

Driving to the coast you would be guaranteed tailbacks on the roads, and overfull towns.

Sure, England is my homeland and I am sure I will never break my ties, but for the moment I am happy with shite TV, living on this South Pacific wilderness, getting back to what life is about for me, living!
Old Nov 11th 2003, 12:13 pm
Go RedSox!

MrsLondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British TV

British TV is excellent. 'Course there's the crapola too ('reality TV' bullshit) but there are some excellent programmes that really make you think. Last night on TV they had a drama programme based on the real protests in Belfast about the catholic kids walking to Holy Cross school. It was so well-done and thought provoking. And on Sunday they had a swimming with beasts version of walking with dinosaurs, making it look like the divers were actually interacting with prehistoric sea creatures. Fascinating. And if Eastenders depresses you, you can always watch Hollyoaks. It's more of a teen soap but it's actually quite humorous!

Last edited by MrsLondon; Nov 11th 2003 at 12:16 pm.