Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I wonder how many people want to move back but can't afford to..

Wikiposts

I wonder how many people want to move back but can't afford to..

Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Supernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to all
Default Re: I wonder how many people want to move back but can't afford to..

Originally Posted by ohwottodo
no French Bulldogs are not allowed on any transatlantic flights now - all airlines have banned them
I'm pretty sure that is not true. Unless you know for sure, that every single airline out there, on every single route has banned these dogs, I don't think you should be making statements like that like they are a fact.

From Airfrance website
Please note: snub-nosed pets such as Bulldogs, Boxers, Pekinese or Persian cats can suffer from breathing difficulties in high-stress situations. Please consult your veterinarian before air travel.

There is one airline that will take her (some dodgy one i have never heard of )
Well now I'm confused, in one post you're saying you found an airline that would take her, but in the next post says all airlines have banned them...which one is it?! What is the name of the airline that would take her out of interest?

Last edited by Supernoodles; Mar 5th 2013 at 3:13 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Supernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2
Queen Mary 2 is still running transatlantic (already published thru May 2014) and Queen Victoria is also doing some transatlantic runs such as one ex Fort Lauderdale April 16th 2014 arrives Southampton April 28th.

Queen Elizabeth has a couple of transatlantics ex-USA later this month but not sure about 2014 and beyond.
That's good to know the QM2 is still running, unfortunately it isn't really an option for us as we'd be departing from HK, but wondering if anyone has heard of traveling via sea freight ?
I've read that some have done it but it is uncommon/rare/hard to do, sea travel would be our ideal way to get home with our dog as it is a long flight.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Supernoodles
I'm pretty sure that is not true. Unless you know for sure, that every single airline out there, on every single route has banned these dogs, I don't think you should be making statements like that like they are a fact.

From Airfrance website
Please note: snub-nosed pets such as Bulldogs, Boxers, Pekinese or Persian cats can suffer from breathing difficulties in high-stress situations. Please consult your veterinarian before air travel.

Well now I'm confused, in one post you're saying you found an airline that would take her, but in the next post says all airlines have banned them...which one is it?! What is the name of the airline that would take her out of interest?
It is your responsibly entirely to check which airline will accept any specific breed.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
It is your responsibly entirely to check which airline will accept any specific breed.
Well yeah obviously, I didn't say otherwise.
I'm just saying these forums are meant to be a source of advice and help, writing things as a fact when they are not a fact does the opposite of helping.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 5:46 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Well yeah obviously, I didn't say otherwise.
I'm just saying these forums are meant to be a source of advice and help, writing things as a fact when they are not a fact does the opposite of helping.
That's what happens on public forums though, it's the nature of the beast. Especially on some of these topics the regulations change often and people can't be expected to keep up. Caveat emptor, DYOR and all that. People are usually genuinely trying to help and eventually, iteratively the correct information emerges.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Fair enough, but I found it confusing because her posts were very near to each other, but saying opposite things so which is it?

Also, not all airlines have banned them (and definitely never have! Although it does feel like it is heading that way) so I think it should of been pointed out that to date, snub nose dogs can still fly internationally. Whether an owner feels it is too dangerous for them to fly, that is another topic/question.

My aim isn't to upset anyone and I would apologize if it seemed abrupt, I just want correct info up so that people can make informed choices, my fear is that people leave their pets behind 'because they read on the internet' that they weren't able to fly their dog home.
Absolutely research yourself, but unfortunately some people's research start on forums and depending on how much they like their dog, it might not go further if they read their dog can't fly.
Sadly I know some real examples of dogs given to shelters because they were told wrong information, and by time they found out real information, they'd already made up their minds because leaving a pet behind is just easier in every way.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

NEVER give your dog or pet to a shelter, animal control center, pound, etc. 94% of them are killed - and not in a pleasant way. It is not by injection. That is the truth, whatever other rumors you might hear.

Always give to a reputable rescue.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

ohwottodo is an unknown quantity at this point

From Airfrance website

ok, all main airlines such as BA ,american airlines, delta and united have banned them - i can not remember the name of the airline that said they would take her - i know it was from miami to Amsterdam then onto somewhere else - i will have a look through my past emails and see if i can find the name.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
NEVER give your dog or pet to a shelter, animal control center, pound, etc. 94% of them are killed - and not in a pleasant way. It is not by injection. That is the truth, whatever other rumors you might hear.

Always give to a reputable rescue.
Even better to give them to a reliable friend or relative if they are willing.

When my mum and dad moved to Australia in 1964 they left their spaniel and poodle with a family friend, and when she also followed them to Adelaide, the dogs were left with another family friend who had helped to look after them. The dogs were perfectly happy staying in England, at that time quarantine was for 6 months on Torrens Island in Adelaide's Port River. New pets were acquired in Oz.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by aries

When my mum and dad moved to Australia in 1964 they left their spaniel and poodle with a family friend, and when she also followed them to Adelaide, the dogs were left with another family friend who had helped to look after them. The dogs were perfectly happy staying in England, at that time quarantine was for 6 months on Torrens Island in Adelaide's Port River. New pets were acquired in Oz.
I would never ever give her to an animal shelter - or any of my pets - i would rather stay in the country illeagally
Old Mar 6th 2013, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aries

Yes, I agree. That's even better. Still . . . everyone should do all they can to take their pets with them when they move. For myself, I won't go back to the UK unless I can take my pets. We are a family and I wouldn't DREAM of leaving them behind.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

From Airfrance website

I had notice from Pet Transporter today who deals with transporting at Miami airport and he was the person Miami airport put me in touch with ( i called Miami as Tampa flights do not take her) he said Air France will not accept Bullies of any kind, Lufthansa will accept them and she can fly to Frankfurt Without delivery charges, shipping kennel
nor health documents, you are looking at $1,750.00 for air freight, booking delivery and documents are not included
Old Mar 7th 2013, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

I had notice from Pet Transporter today who deals with transporting at Miami airport and he was the person Miami airport put me in touch with ( i called Miami as Tampa flights do not take her) he said Air France will not accept Bullies of any kind, Lufthansa will accept them and she can fly to Frankfurt Without delivery charges, shipping kennel
nor health documents, you are looking at $1,750.00 for air freight, booking delivery and documents are not included
...or you could pay around $300 and ship her to Frankfurt yourself as "excess baggage", if Lufthansa offer that....
Old Mar 7th 2013, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by happyglow
...or you could pay around $300 and ship her to Frankfurt yourself as "excess baggage", if Lufthansa offer that....
Interesting - i will look into that, alot of the airlines only go through pet travel agencies now but i will call them in the morning and find out - good thinking batman!!
Old Mar 7th 2013, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
Yes, I agree. That's even better. Still . . . everyone should do all they can to take their pets with them when they move. For myself, I won't go back to the UK unless I can take my pets. We are a family and I wouldn't DREAM of leaving them behind.
I so agree with you Windsong :0)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.