Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I wonder how many people want to move back but can't afford to..

Wikiposts

I wonder how many people want to move back but can't afford to..

Old Feb 24th 2013, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I wonder how many people want to move back but can't afford to..

Originally Posted by windsong
What is a Frenchie?

I am SURE there are ways to get your dog there. I think it depends on the airline.
I thinks it's a type of small bull-dog maybe? They those snub noses and are prone to respiratory issues so maybe that's why they can't fly. The QM2 would be a great choice or a breed like that.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Montfan72
I thinks it's a type of small bull-dog maybe? They those snub noses and are prone to respiratory issues so maybe that's why they can't fly. The QM2 would be a great choice or a breed like that.
Yes, absolutely!! And cheaper, too!
Old Feb 24th 2013, 12:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Montfan72
You're quite right, a lot of airlines refuse to take any of the breeds with snub noses because of the breathing issue.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You're quite right, a lot of airlines refuse to take any of the breeds with snub noses because of the breathing issue.
But there are other ways they can travel, such as by sea.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Supernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to all

Other than the QM2 (Which I heard had stopped running), are there other dog friendly routes via sea available?

You can fly snub nosed breeds still but not all of the airlines will, a lot of the main ones like Virgin, BA and CX will no longer fly them, but as far as I know swiss air, air france still do.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Supernoodles
Other than the QM2 (Which I heard had stopped running), are there other dog friendly routes via sea available?

You can fly snub nosed breeds still but not all of the airlines will, a lot of the main ones like Virgin, BA and CX will no longer fly them, but as far as I know swiss air, air france still do.
You are permitted to fly with a small dog on board (I think a French Bulldog may qualify), on SOME European airlines to Brussels, Paris etc., and come through the Chunnel into the UK.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Supernoodles

Queen Mary 2 is still running transatlantic (already published thru May 2014) and Queen Victoria is also doing some transatlantic runs such as one ex Fort Lauderdale April 16th 2014 arrives Southampton April 28th.

Queen Elizabeth has a couple of transatlantics ex-USA later this month but not sure about 2014 and beyond.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

ohwottodo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought we were going in November '12, plans changed and became used to the fact we were not moving now we have decided for definite this time that we are - the only way to get the dog across is by Cunard, i know the places for pets go quickly so i have to call and see what the score is - There is one airline that will take her (some dodgy one i have never heard of ) but i am not willing to risk it, she would have to go through Amsterdam and all different places - unfortunately they stopped flying these type of dogs for a reason She will be with my friend though and i know she will have a wonderful life with her if the Cunard deal doesn't work out. As for the cat - she is chipped and ready to go, just hope she will get used to the British rain instead of the Florida sun
Old Mar 5th 2013, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
You are permitted to fly with a small dog on board (I think a French Bulldog may qualify), on SOME European airlines to Brussels, Paris etc., and come through the Chunnel into the UK.
no French Bulldogs are not allowed on any transatlantic flights now - all airlines have banned them
Old Mar 5th 2013, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ohwottodo
no French Bulldogs are not allowed on any transatlantic flights now - all airlines have banned them
Do you mean one cannot take the dog in the cabin?
Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mean one cannot take the dog in the cabin?
Frenchies would be too large to fit under the seat wouldn't they?
Old Mar 5th 2013, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by happyglow
Frenchies would be too large to fit under the seat wouldn't they?
No they wont fly French Bulldogs period, or any snub nosed breed like a boxer, bulldog, pekinese, these have been banned from all airlines after a spate of deaths. Becuase of their flat face and nose they cant breath properly like a normal dog anyway and the cabin /aircraft pressure is dangerous for them -
Old Mar 5th 2013, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

No they wont fly French Bulldogs period, or any snub nosed breed like a boxer, bulldog, pekinese, these have been banned from all airlines after a spate of deaths. Becuase of their flat face and nose they cant breath properly like a normal dog anyway and the cabin /aircraft pressure is dangerous for them -
It's a shame some people are still breeding breeds like these that suffer so

Presumably they'd be OK in the cabin with us if it weren't for the size issue though? Hypothetical I know.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

So sad. Some of our Chihuahuas (I am a toy breed judge in the USA) are considered brachycephalic, because shorter muzzles and broader skulls are the fashion. Not always a good thing for the health and future of a breed. Just look at the struggles to breath under exercise in Pekes, Bullogs etc.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

So sad. Some of our Chihuahuas (I am a toy breed judge in the USA) are considered brachycephalic, because shorter muzzles and broader skulls are the fashion. Not always a good thing for the health and future of a breed. Just look at the struggles to breath under exercise in Pekes, Bullogs etc.
Absolutely, it's barbaric really. And that's before we get onto cosmetic modifications like tail docking and - shudder - ear cropping. I'm glad the BBC dumped Crufts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.