Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I want to live in the UK with my hubby!

I want to live in the UK with my hubby!

Old Mar 27th 2010, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Sofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to behold
Default I want to live in the UK with my hubby!

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can give me some advice. I will try to outline my situation below. It may come out rather clunky but please bear with me!

I am a British National. My husband is a Pakistani national. We married in December 2007. My husband was already settled in the USA on a work visa, so I left England and joined him here. We have been living in the States for the last 2 years but have now decided to move to England.

My question is will I have to go to England first and find work to be able to call him over or can we apply to go over together. We have saving of about 16,000 GBP that we can use to live on until we both find work (i.e we won't need to rely on public funds). We are both Graduates (I have a Bachelors and he has Masters) so we hope to find jobs quicklyish!. I already own a house in the UK that we will be able to live in. So my main question is can we apply and go together because we already have no need for public funds or is it necessary for me to have a job prior to his application being accepted?

Any advice would be very very welcome.

Many thanks
Old Mar 27th 2010, 11:09 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want to live in the UK with my hubby!

I think it will be fairly easy for you. All that is required is proof that you have enough money to live on for the first 12mths you return to UK. £16,000 would cover this as they base their criteria on how much you would receive in social security benefits.
The fact you own a home there makes it even easier as another criteria is to prove you have adequate accommodation immediately on your return, which you clearly do.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Sofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to behold

Thanks thats what I was hoping to hear! So in that case he would be able to apply asap I guess. yay!
Old Mar 27th 2010, 11:25 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!

You might have to provide a little more info as you havent been married 4yrs yet, but i cant see it being too much of an issue. My NZ husband and i had been married 10yrs so he just went straight onto a spouse visa.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

john5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nice

rules for unmarried partners are here

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/po...mesexpartners/

you should be good to go!!!