Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

i want to change my name in the Uk, do i have to change it in canada?

i want to change my name in the Uk, do i have to change it in canada?

Old Feb 9th 2021, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

luna2738458 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation i want to change my name in the Uk, do i have to change it in canada?

hi, i have a few questions as i have not found any information online to the problem i seem to be having. i have dual nationality to the Uk and Canada. i am currently living in england again after being in canada for 18 years. i do happen to be born in the Uk and will be living here for quite awhile. i want to legally change my first name as i have no big documents yet as i just moved back. i want to legally change my name before i have to get these documents due to lockdown. i have no problem with the legal name change in the Uk but if i do change it here is there anything i will have to do to change it in Canada? i have both Uk & Canadian passports. will i be able to change my Canadian passport with the british deed poll? or will i have to change it via canadian legal name change? all of the documents i have in canada too? or will i be able to send the british name change to all the appropriate places in canada to change my name there too. please let me know