Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I think I have just verbally slaughtered my last Australian knuckle dragger!!

I think I have just verbally slaughtered my last Australian knuckle dragger!!

Old Mar 27th 2009, 8:20 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up I think I have just verbally slaughtered my last Australian knuckle dragger!!

So help me god, I hope it was the last!! :curse:

Thick as bat sh*te.

I have just over a week left in this intellectual vacuum, and thanks to an ebayer called Brian, he has confirmed and instilled into my brain forever the notion that Australian men live on another planet.
This dumbarse starts bidding on one of my auctions. He bids way over what everyone else was (i had 28 people watching it!!) But this Einstein thinks that just because you bid on something and win it doesnt mean you have to pay for it if you dont like it When I explained to him on the telephone that if he wishes to view and item and decide whether he wants it or not, he has to do this BEFORE the end of the auction. I must have spent a good 15mins on the phone arguing the point and categorically told him he either pays for it right now or i relist.
I will not repeat the tongue lashing he got suffice to say, he was stammering and stuttering as i put the phone down on him. When i turned to look at my OH, he gave me a round of applause....

GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!
Old Mar 27th 2009, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I think I have just verbally slaughtered my last Australian knuckle dragger!!

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum

Thick as bat sh*te.

I have just over a week left in this intellectual vacuum, and thanks to an ebayer called Brian, he has confirmed and instilled into my brain forever the notion that Australian men live on another planet.
This dumbarse starts bidding on one of my auctions. He bids way over what everyone else was (i had 28 people watching it!!) But this Einstein thinks that just because you bid on something and win it doesnt mean you have to pay for it if you dont like it When I explained to him on the telephone that if he wishes to view and item and decide whether he wants it or not, he has to do this BEFORE the end of the auction. I must have spent a good 15mins on the phone arguing the point and categorically told him he either pays for it right now or i relist.
I will not repeat the tongue lashing he got suffice to say, he was stammering and stuttering as i put the phone down on him. When i turned to look at my OH, he gave me a round of applause....

GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!
PMSL. Good for you! I have often thought we it is like Life on Mars here, things like this just prove it eh.

People not paying are one of the reason's I don't list very often anymore on ebay. Been using Gumtree lately with some success. Hope you manage to sell it.

Only 1 week, you lucky thing!! I have at least 18 months
Old Mar 27th 2009, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think I have just verbally slaughtered my last Australian knuckle dragger!!

I love you Flea
Old Mar 27th 2009, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Flea you're a star I love that your OH gave you a round of applause
Old Mar 27th 2009, 11:06 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

OK.. i have calmed down now

The guy rang me back twice last night trying to convince me he was right
In the end he gave up
I started to feel a bit sorry for him in the end as he obviously does not "get" ebay.

On the flip side, i got a lovely message from some young lad who is desperate to buy the item, but doesnt have any money for 3 weeks, but at least he was decent enough to be honest and contact me to say so BEFORE making a bid. So i guess they are not all neanderthals
Old Mar 27th 2009, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thick as bat sh*te.

GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!
This is one of the reasons why I would hate to be a single woman trying to meet a new man in Australia - the choice isn't good.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 12:06 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by Merseygirl
This is one of the reasons why I would hate to be a single woman trying to meet a new man in Australia - the choice isn't good.
Heaven forbid!

It is OHs beat up old banger of a car that he bought just to tide us over until we left after selling our decent car.
We made the ad brutally honest calling the car ugly and listing all its faults and failures. Told them the rego had just run out. Paintwork was crap etc etc etc.
So when he rings up AFTER the auction is over, he says, "i'll try and get my son to come over during the week. He can take it away to get a pink slip and if it passes i will pay for it
Never mind that the ad says... MUST BE PAID FOR WITHIN 48HRS AS LEAVING THE COUNTRY :curse:

Ooooh i love getting it all off my chest in here. Its cathartic
Old Mar 28th 2009, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

Location: Back in Scotland after two dreadful years in Brisbane.
maka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of light

Was his name Gene Hunt,and did he phone you as "A REMINDER", Tell him to piss off and get with the real world...Cock Head.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh Flea, whats the item number of your car soI ca have a look at the ad. we're still trying to sell ours, never thought of ebay! My ebay account is still UK though, shouldn't make a difference should itif I want paying in cash on collection anyway? I'll have a look...thanks Flea for the idea!
Old Mar 28th 2009, 3:17 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by 3 go mad in Adelaide
Oooh Flea, whats the item number of your car soI ca have a look at the ad. we're still trying to sell ours, never thought of ebay! My ebay account is still UK though, shouldn't make a difference should itif I want paying in cash on collection anyway? I'll have a look...thanks Flea for the idea!
Just make yourself a new Aussie account S.
I am not sure if it will work with UK one and might put people off bidding.

I'll PM you
Old Mar 28th 2009, 3:26 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Heaven forbid!

It is OHs beat up old banger of a car that he bought just to tide us over until we left after selling our decent car.
We made the ad brutally honest calling the car ugly and listing all its faults and failures. Told them the rego had just run out. Paintwork was crap etc etc etc.
So when he rings up AFTER the auction is over, he says, "i'll try and get my son to come over during the week. He can take it away to get a pink slip and if it passes i will pay for it
Never mind that the ad says... MUST BE PAID FOR WITHIN 48HRS AS LEAVING THE COUNTRY :curse:

Ooooh i love getting it all off my chest in here. Its cathartic
What a nutter. Maybe you should give it to charity for free on the day you leave or day before if you can get it arranged.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

folic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond repute

Flea's post is the reason I always stated that 'pick up' items must be paid via internet banking prior to pick up. Invited people to email for my phone number if they had any issues with that. Some did. And I explained that if they purchased a smaller item (one not requiring to be picked up) then they would automatically pay before I posted it. So what's the difference between that and a pick-up item, I asked them.

After a moment's thought, almost all agreed that there was no difference.

And there isn't.

So, I always received payment into my bank before anyone could come to collect.

Reason being, I read in the ebay forums about an elderly woman whose son had listed some items for her, after her husband went into hospital. Amongst the items was a new boat and new outboard motor which her husband had bought shortly before his heart attack. The doctors had made clear he'd never be using the boat or motor again.

A guy bought the items on ebay auction, and a time for pick-up was arranged between him and the woman.

When he arrived, the idiot began 'tyre-kicking', telling the woman he'd only pay 'this much' for the boat and motor .. rather than the price he'd bid.

Poor old woman didn't know what to do. The idiot wanted to get into the outboard motor housing, but it was locked and the old lady didn't know where the key was, apparently. So, according to this sad tale, the idiot found a hefty lump of wood in the woman's yard, and smashed at the motor housing to get it open. He did quite a bit of damage to what had been a brand new boat and motor, then left when the woman phoned her son. She was left with a damaged boat and motor to sell.

I decided I wasn't going to have anyone pulling any capers like that on me, so stated in my auction terms that items had to be paid .. just like in any other auction .. before pick-up. If people weren't prepared to do that, then tough luck. Surprisingly, maybe, I didn't have any problems.

There was a potential problem when a woman bid and won several garden furniture items. She arrived with her husband and he immediately began pulling faces and shoving things around, talking the items down. I guessed he was anticipating having some fun at my expense via some 'hard bargaining', lol. I left it to his wife to remind him that the items were already paid for. His wife had got a good deal, she knew it and he was an idiot. All that was left for him to do was load the items into his truck and get away from my place. He pulled a sulky face all the way through. Glad to see the back of idiots like him.

People think nothing of paying a thousand dollars or more for a bit of 9ct gold or second hand laptop and they know beforehand that they'll have to pay for their item before it's posted to them. But when the item is physically large, they imagine they're entitled to push people around. Life's full of idiots, be it 'here' or 'there'.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:53 pm
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by folic
Flea's post is the reason I always stated that 'pick up' items must be paid via internet banking prior to pick up. Invited people to email for my phone number if they had any issues with that. Some did. And I explained that if they purchased a smaller item (one not requiring to be picked up) then they would automatically pay before I posted it. So what's the difference between that and a pick-up item, I asked them.

After a moment's thought, almost all agreed that there was no difference.

And there isn't.

So, I always received payment into my bank before anyone could come to collect.

Reason being, I read in the ebay forums about an elderly woman whose son had listed some items for her, after her husband went into hospital. Amongst the items was a new boat and new outboard motor which her husband had bought shortly before his heart attack. The doctors had made clear he'd never be using the boat or motor again.

A guy bought the items on ebay auction, and a time for pick-up was arranged between him and the woman.

When he arrived, the idiot began 'tyre-kicking', telling the woman he'd only pay 'this much' for the boat and motor .. rather than the price he'd bid.

Poor old woman didn't know what to do. The idiot wanted to get into the outboard motor housing, but it was locked and the old lady didn't know where the key was, apparently. So, according to this sad tale, the idiot found a hefty lump of wood in the woman's yard, and smashed at the motor housing to get it open. He did quite a bit of damage to what had been a brand new boat and motor, then left when the woman phoned her son. She was left with a damaged boat and motor to sell.

I decided I wasn't going to have anyone pulling any capers like that on me, so stated in my auction terms that items had to be paid .. just like in any other auction .. before pick-up. If people weren't prepared to do that, then tough luck. Surprisingly, maybe, I didn't have any problems.

There was a potential problem when a woman bid and won several garden furniture items. She arrived with her husband and he immediately began pulling faces and shoving things around, talking the items down. I guessed he was anticipating having some fun at my expense via some 'hard bargaining', lol. I left it to his wife to remind him that the items were already paid for. His wife had got a good deal, she knew it and he was an idiot. All that was left for him to do was load the items into his truck and get away from my place. He pulled a sulky face all the way through. Glad to see the back of idiots like him.

People think nothing of paying a thousand dollars or more for a bit of 9ct gold or second hand laptop and they know beforehand that they'll have to pay for their item before it's posted to them. But when the item is physically large, they imagine they're entitled to push people around. Life's full of idiots, be it 'here' or 'there'.
Good advice folic. I wont be falling for all this again!