Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I need help to get back to UK

Wikiposts

I need help to get back to UK

Old Aug 19th 2011, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need help to get back to UK

Jackthehat.

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. I had not read this thread before and as I started to just now I so hoped it would have a happy ending.

I'm guessing that you had been staying in contact with Gavin and if so I would like to thank you for your kindness.

I can understand why people were initially upset by part of Gavin's post but upon further explanation it just seemed like a misunderstanding and a very difficulty situation for the whole family.

Very sad
Old Aug 19th 2011, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for letting us know JtH - how very sad for Gavin's family and, looking back at this thread, I am sorry that we didnt make his last few months any easier by making assumptions about his situation even though I can see why some of the comments were made. I am glad that he found a friendly supporter in you before he left us.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Thank you for letting us know JtH - how very sad for Gavin's family and, looking back at this thread, I am sorry that we didnt make his last few months any easier by making assumptions about his situation even though I can see why some of the comments were made. I am glad that he found a friendly supporter in you before he left us.
Very sad......

Unforunately I find that most times on this forum the people who reply are often mean in their responses and quick to judge....
Old Aug 19th 2011, 8:30 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

OMG that is just so sad.
Old Aug 20th 2011, 7:04 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

It is sad. It is not uncommon in the Philippines for "wealthy" people (in comparison to their own culture) to adopt a child form a poorer family member. It's also not uncommon for a child to be looked after by several family members, as was explained by Gavin before he died.

RIP Gavin.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Pvt Chuff is an unknown quantity at this point

This is so sad. I agree with Shelley. Thank goodness for members like Jack.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

Nixxy is an unknown quantity at this point

What a sad story

Put's my issues into perspective for the remainder of the day
Old Aug 25th 2011, 2:29 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people on here to jump right in with their 2 bob worth after something tragic has happened. Yes it is very sad that the OP died, Yes it's very sad that he didn't get to go home as was his wish never mind the fact that he planned on leaving his child behind , you can point what ever sanctimonious fingers you like, his first post was out of order and that's that.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 2:35 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people on here to jump right in with their 2 bob worth after something tragic has happened. Yes it is very sad that the OP died, Yes it's very sad that he didn't get to go home as was his wish never mind the fact that he planned on leaving his child behind , you can point what ever sanctimonious fingers you like, his first post was out of order and that's that.
The poor chap is no longer with us and not here to respond. It would be nice if we just let that drop, I'm sure his family are going through a terrible time right now.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 2:41 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
The poor chap is no longer with us and not here to respond. It would be nice if we just let that drop, I'm sure his family are going through a terrible time right now.
My comment wasn't aimed at him Sue,

maybe you should close this thread
Old Aug 25th 2011, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Pvt Chuff is an unknown quantity at this point

Excuse me?
Point what ever sanctimonious fingers you like??
I think we will leave that to you, dear.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 12:33 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I think that's enough.

Poor man is no longer with us and instead of leaving condolences people are starting to argue ... not good.

Wishing the OP's family all the best at this sad time.