Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I moved back to uk last may from perth

Wikiposts

I moved back to uk last may from perth

Old Jan 12th 2008, 12:33 am
Banned

guest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really nice
Default Re: I moved back to uk last may from perth

Originally Posted by brits1
I think you have lived my life here in Perth...just try it for 10 years!!!! we are heading back home this spring to liv and cannot wait!!!
Jackie

I moved back from Perth and was a bit worried I was doing the wrong thing...I appriciate my life back in the UK so much more now and really get peed off with people who have never lived abroad knocking it, coming back in the spring you will just notice how green everything is, it still surprices me when I have been away abroad for a few weeks.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 12:41 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guest5234
I moved back from Perth and was a bit worried I was doing the wrong thing...I appriciate my life back in the UK so much more now and really get peed off with people who have never lived abroad knocking it, coming back in the spring you will just notice how green everything is, it still surprices me when I have been away abroad for a few weeks.
Right now I envy you more than you can ever imagine. I hope your life just gets better and better.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

too true, I just broke up with my girlfriend and one of the reasons was she just wasn't interested in the big wide world. She is a melbourne girl, loves it here, loves her horses and her life which is brilliant, but I felt i would get trapped because she refused to entertain the idea of spending any length of time in the UK or overseas. She was fine to travel for a few months but we had to be back here on a certain date so she could go back to her job she loved and I am thinking to myself, you know what, this isn't going to work !!

So it didn't I had done 8 years here and wanted something else so couldn't agree on that one.

in reality I think I just couldn't handle the fact the her glass wasnt just half full, it runneth over and it exposed me as a miserable shite.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

backdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nice

Originally Posted by jonfrank123
Ok I'm not in Australia but I'm in Canada and I miss the UK's lovely temperate mild climate. This place is a frozen wasteland in the winter, 1.5 meters of snow this month, temperatures often 25 degrees below zero, No need to wrap up in London or take your life in your hands driving on an ice rink every morning.

I missed the exit in the car park at Heathrow last time I came back and started to reverse back but there were 3 cars behind me, blocking me. Each of them reversing to let me back, I thanked them and got an acknowledgement back. In Canada they would have been honking and scowling, and never would have reversed, I can't believe how polite drivers are in the UK.

TV in the UK is a breath of fresh air, in Canada there are rubbishy adverts evey 5 minutes, sadly when it's 20 degrees below and blowing a blizzard you really are a little limited for other things to do in the evening

And as for second hand cars, in Canada you can drop $8k on a used car and its still a worn out pile of crap, I've seen better cars for 500 quid on Ebay UK
I find this funny. I am in NZ and spent all Chrsitmas whinging about not having the snow, I spend every x-mas in Quebec City. I guess it just depends on what you are used too!

TV Canada ummmmmm...... American TV on Canadian stations has to be paid for somehow!! I agree it is crap.

As for the drivers don't drop all Canadians in the bucket with drivers from the belle province. I dread driving in Quebec, it is awful.

As for the second hand cars they are very expensive but, atleast you'll get something when you sell. I have to say that the price of used cars and insurance was a nice surprise in NZ very cheap!!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by backdoor
I find this funny. I am in NZ and spent all Chrsitmas whinging about not having the snow, I spend every x-mas in Quebec City. I guess it just depends on what you are used too!

TV Canada ummmmmm...... American TV on Canadian stations has to be paid for somehow!! I agree it is crap.

As for the drivers don't drop all Canadians in the bucket with drivers from the belle province. I dread driving in Quebec, it is awful.

As for the second hand cars they are very expensive but, atleast you'll get something when you sell. I have to say that the price of used cars and insurance was a nice surprise in NZ very cheap!!
Actually you are quite right, I just spent a weekend in Ontario, and was amazed how good the driving was, like a different world almost to Quebec.

Sadly once you get past the "Bienvenue a Quebec " sign on highway 20, it always seems there is a blizzard, and a Mack truck 3 feet behind you, headlamps blazing.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guest5234
Lovely to hear you are doing well......we was back home for spring last year and it was just so lovely to see daffs and apple blossom on the trees again...you do forget...or is it really you start to believe what you here....?"it's all cities and grim etc" but going back home just proved all that wrong.......
All the best.....
oh I did see a Robin Redbreast at the start of March...that was just the icing on the cake.....am I sad or what!!!!