Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I moved back to uk last may from perth

Wikiposts

I moved back to uk last may from perth

Old Jan 8th 2008, 1:22 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: I moved back to uk last may from perth

Originally Posted by jonfrank123
Ok I'm not in Australia but I'm in Canada and I miss the UK's lovely temperate mild climate. This place is a frozen wasteland in the winter, 1.5 meters of snow this month, temperatures often 25 degrees below zero, No need to wrap up in London or take your life in your hands driving on an ice rink every morning.

I missed the exit in the car park at Heathrow last time I came back and started to reverse back but there were 3 cars behind me, blocking me. Each of them reversing to let me back, I thanked them and got an acknowledgement back. In Canada they would have been honking and scowling, and never would have reversed, I can't believe how polite drivers are in the UK.

TV in the UK is a breath of fresh air, in Canada there are rubbishy adverts evey 5 minutes, sadly when it's 20 degrees below and blowing a blizzard you really are a little limited for other things to do in the evening

And as for second hand cars, in Canada you can drop $8k on a used car and its still a worn out pile of crap, I've seen better cars for 500 quid on Ebay UK
So you didn't know what the weather was like before you moved to Canada? Must have come as a terrible shock!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

jonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I moved back to uk last may from perth

Originally Posted by Mallory
So you didn't know what the weather was like before you moved to Canada? Must have come as a terrible shock!
They say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

Now I don't know where you are living but I'm making a guess you are in either the UK and want to get out, or happily emigrated somewhere else

In either case why are you posting in a moving back to the UK forum

My guess is either you have nothing better to do or enjoy trying to make people look stupid?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:31 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

They say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

Now I don't know where you are living but I'm making a guess you are in either the UK and want to get out, or happily emigrated somewhere else

In either case why are you posting in a moving back to the UK forum

My guess is either you have nothing better to do or enjoy trying to make people look stupid?
No, it was an honest question. I just wondered if you knew if snowed a lot, you seem surprised and angry about it.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

jonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
No, it was an honest question. I just wondered if you knew if snowed a lot, you seem surprised and angry about it.
In which case sorry for any offence.

Sure I knew it snowed in Canada, I really moved here for someone else anyway, certainly not my first choice of destination.

The surprising thing for even a lot of Canadians is just how much snow has fallen so far this year. And yes, it's getting me down as it affects every aspect of life, a lot of that being personal safety when driving or walking
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:51 am
Banned

Old Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chrrissss
Hi All

IThe scary thing is my Wife now wants to go back to Perth, she now hates it

What a ramble ... Thanks
...send her to Perth in Scotland - that will shut her up for a bit..
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Sure I knew it snowed in Canada, I really moved here for someone else anyway, certainly not my first choice of destination.

The surprising thing for even a lot of Canadians is just how much snow has fallen so far this year. And yes, it's getting me down as it affects every aspect of life, a lot of that being personal safety when driving or walking
I lived in Montreal when we first moved to Canada as my OH family are all there. We had a basement apartment in NDG and I must say the first winter was really depressing the snow covered the windows neither of us had a job and we spent most of our time deprived of sunlight. I don't have many good memories of Montreal.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 3:24 am
In the pink

I moved somewhere for someone else too, and it's extremely hot in the summer time. I really didn't know it was so hot. But there again, I don't like the British gloomy weather. The only place I know with excellent weather is California.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 6:24 am
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: I moved back to uk last may from perth

Originally Posted by king kong
New Idiot Alert ,incoming Troll .
This forum has been invaded recently by losers who've decided to deal with not having any friends by emigrating and then moaning about the UK to make themselves feel better. Must have been really popular people when they were in the UK, I can tell.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 6:47 am
Banned

guest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hardnutts
Dream on, the uk is a dump, you need to look at why you left in the first place, you get ripped off by the goverment, houses are shoe boxs, we need to learn to speak a different language. WTF is going on.

You stay out there mate I am happy to be back were my heart is....the Cotswolds hey, and bring on this global warming melarky...second mildest year on record and they say next year will be a belter.

Last edited by guest5234; Jan 8th 2008 at 6:54 am.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 3:35 am
Just Joined

chrrissss will become famous soon enough

This is Chrissses wife how about you "bleep" that have come on here "bleep" off and go and have your pathetic arguments elsewhere,it is very annoying to have to read your "bleep" and I am sure a lot of other people feel the same.

Edited by Chris.

Last edited by chrrissss; Jan 10th 2008 at 4:09 am. Reason: rude
Old Jan 10th 2008, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

This is Chrissses wife how about you twats that have come on here piss of and go and have your pathetic arguments elsewhere,it is very annoying to have to read your crap and i am sure a lot of other people feel the same.
C'mon If your going to insult people at least spell it properly

it's P*ss off, not Piss of
Old Jan 10th 2008, 3:59 am
Just Joined

This is Chris not his wife, I know her spelling is rubbish, and I have told her to get her own account for posting to the forums.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 4:00 am
Just Joined

This is Chris not his wife, I know her spelling is rubbish, and I have told her to get her own account for posting to the forums.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

No worries

It will be interesting to see her opinions,

Have a good one

Jonathan
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

This is Chrissses wife how about you "bleep" that have come on here "bleep" off and go and have your pathetic arguments elsewhere,it is very annoying to have to read your "bleep" and I am sure a lot of other people feel the same.

Edited by Chris.

Have I missed something here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.