Wikiposts

I love rightmove.co.uk

Old Oct 25th 2010, 5:49 am
nun
BE Forum Addict

nun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond repute
Default I love rightmove.co.uk

In my on going long term fantasy planning to move back to the UK there is no better website than

http://www.rightmove.co.uk

combine it with google maps and you have a complete vitrutal home search experience. I come from the NE and the combo has lead me to focus on Teesdale and Weardale...Stanhope looks pretty good
Old Oct 25th 2010, 7:55 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I love rightmove.co.uk

I do the same thing, find houses and wander the neighborhood. I've already cut a whole area from our search doing that.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I do the same thing, find houses and wander the neighborhood. I've already cut a whole area from our search doing that.
Hi Mummy -There's no where compares with where we want to be - TF1 3QF, but do have a Google search, on TF10 9HB, where I used to live - you will love it. just gone a wee tad expensive!

Hope you are well, just posted our home for rental, in the ''Adverts'' section, above. do have a look. it seems a good site, never been on it before Don xxx
Old Oct 25th 2010, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

LisaP is just really niceLisaP is just really niceLisaP is just really niceLisaP is just really niceLisaP is just really niceLisaP is just really niceLisaP is just really niceLisaP is just really niceLisaP is just really niceLisaP is just really niceLisaP is just really nice

Yes, the map view is excellent. Do note though, that estate agents tend to put on right move on the properties that are proving a bit difficult to sell, the good ones get snapped up directly from the estate agents.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LisaP
Yes, the map view is excellent. Do note though, that estate agents tend to put on right move on the properties that are proving a bit difficult to sell, the good ones get snapped up directly from the estate agents.
Not quite true, Lisa, I know several Estate Agents, in my area of UK, and Rightmove, are their advertisers, and ALL their properties go on it, even while waiting for photographs. For the best views, best to go for the full Google Earth view, then click on the street cameras, because, The map view, sometimes only shows the view FROM the house, not the adjacent properties, Parking is the first thing to check out. Don
Old Oct 25th 2010, 7:31 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Not quite true, Lisa, I know several Estate Agents, in my area of UK, and Rightmove, are their advertisers, and ALL their properties go on it, even while waiting for photographs. For the best views, best to go for the full Google Earth view, then click on the street cameras, because, The map view, sometimes only shows the view FROM the house, not the adjacent properties, Parking is the first thing to check out. Don
Yes, I think it looks good for them if the Rightmove ad has a big "Sold" or "Under Offer" banner on it. Makes the housing market look a bit less anemic.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dunroving
Yes, I think it looks good for them if the Rightmove ad has a big "Sold" or "Under Offer" banner on it. Makes the housing market look a bit less anemic.
Have you also noticed, in very small print, it will say ''Offers over'' or once in a while ''Offers around'' ? I think depending on the area, you might be able to offer near to!

My house in Shropshire, is at present rented out, and I was astonished, when I found that only £600 pcm, were going into my UK account, when In fact I sought £700.

My Daughter, said yes, Dad, but Weston Hare, take £100 a month, to collect the rental in. Now that set me thinking, :: Rent out, about Say five a week, over five years, doing very nice, thank you Sir! - and rightmove, do the selling - All of it, in his case!

Don
Old Oct 25th 2010, 11:29 pm
nun
BE Forum Addict

nun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dontheturner
My house in Shropshire, is at present rented out, and I was astonished, when I found that only £600 pcm, were going into my UK account, when In fact I sought £700.

My Daughter, said yes, Dad, but Weston Hare, take £100 a month, to collect the rental in. Now that set me thinking, :: Rent out, about Say five a week, over five years, doing very nice, thank you Sir! - and rightmove, do the selling - All of it, in his case!

Don
For that 100 pounds your rental agent should be doing some property management for you. In the US you expect to pay around 10% to the agent with the cost of repairs etc in addition.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 11:47 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

There's an app for rightmove. I think it's propertybee.

If you add it, all the changes in the listing show. Changes in description, but also in price. Can be very interesting, especially when the agents bring a house back as if it's a new listing, but it's been on and off the market for ages.

The street view lets you see the street, turn around, wander the neighbourhood etc. I think it's a bit sad for the areas photographed on a dull winter day as opposed to the ones done in summer sunshine. Can make a difference!

Bev
Old Oct 25th 2010, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Welsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really nice

We are another couple who pray at the alter of rightmove and streetview lol.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 1:16 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welsh Heart
We are another couple who pray at the alter of rightmove and streetview lol.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LisaP
I also disagree with this comment as over the last few months I have been bookmarking houses I like the sound of and every so often check to see if they are still available. Some are but some aren't so I would assume they have sold them (or been removed from the market for whatever reason). I then do more searches and see different houses for sale - so things move to and from rightmove on a regular basis.

I love the site as it gives me a benchmark on the type of house I can afford in the areas I am interested in. Google earth also helps but nothing beats going to an area and walking around - which I plan on doing once I return. The online tools help me to form an idea of where and what to look for when I get home - which will be soon
Old Oct 26th 2010, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

MNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really nice

Originally Posted by nun
For that 100 pounds your rental agent should be doing some property management for you. In the US you expect to pay around 10% to the agent with the cost of repairs etc in addition.
We pay 8% in the UK, they will usually come down on the percentage if you threaten to take your business elsewhere
Old Oct 26th 2010, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nun
You are probably correct, Nun, in what you say, but, they were engaged after I left, by my Son in Law and Daughter, who would have had no prior experience of doing so, - and they had to pay someone, to do the garden, fit a new lounge gas fire ( We never needed it) clear the roof space, have more roof insulation installed,(UK Law changed, and demanded 6'' in all renting homes) and decorate things they thought needed to doing,. By the time that was accomplished, it was not possible to sell, as we had asked them to, for the £250,000 we wanted, as UK was going down the Swanee River! so it got rented, as I refused to sell, for the silly prices! It might be, that the agent did these things, I really have no idea. contacting me, in Thailand was not easy, and it is only now, that we can use a Thai Visa Card, outside of the country. Glad I didn't sell the house now,, as we are returning soon. dontheturner
Old Oct 26th 2010, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorac05
I also disagree with this comment as over the last few months I have been bookmarking houses I like the sound of and every so often check to see if they are still available. Some are but some aren't so I would assume they have sold them (or been removed from the market for whatever reason). I then do more searches and see different houses for sale - so things move to and from rightmove on a regular basis.

I love the site as it gives me a benchmark on the type of house I can afford in the areas I am interested in. Google earth also helps but nothing beats going to an area and walking around - which I plan on doing once I return. The online tools help me to form an idea of where and what to look for when I get home - which will be soon
There is another Site, called www.PrimeLocation, which I also have joined, you may try looking at. dontheturner

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.