Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I just paid my last voluntary Class 2 NI contribution

I just paid my last voluntary Class 2 NI contribution

Old Jun 15th 2012, 4:51 pm
nun
BE Forum Addict

nun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond repute
Default I just paid my last voluntary Class 2 NI contribution

I just sent a cheque for 130 GBP to the Inland Revenue for my final Class 2 voluntary NI payments.......great news eh 30 years of contributions.........but it also means I'm getting pretty old.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Luckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud of
Default Re: I just paid my last voluntary Class 2 NI contribution

Originally Posted by nun
I just sent a cheque for 130 GBP to the Inland Revenue for my final Class 2 voluntary NI payments.......great news eh 30 years of contributions.........but it also means I'm getting pretty old.
Great news for some maybe....but some folks (ie me) carried on paying for years and got over the 30 years mark long before they decided to change the rules

But that means I'm definately getting older, or just been away longer
Old Jun 17th 2012, 3:26 pm
nun
BE Forum Addict

nun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I just paid my last voluntary Class 2 NI contribution

Originally Posted by Luckyone
Great news for some maybe....but some folks (ie me) carried on paying for years and got over the 30 years mark long before they decided to change the rules

But that means I'm definately getting older, or just been away longer
Even if you paid more than 30 years of contributions it's still a good thing that you qualify for the UK state pension. So many people don't bother to pay voluntary NI and miss out on a great benefit