Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I have to leave this place

Wikiposts

I have to leave this place

Old Jul 11th 2007, 10:40 pm
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice
Default I have to leave this place

Australia is doing my head in big time, I feel trapped and claustrophobic, the place has become a prison all over again for me.

I have just returned here after a quick trip back to the UK and I have made my mind up that I am going home, now all I have to do is convince my Aussie wife who absolutely loves it here and is digging her heels in over the issue.

I would like a new start in the north of England, maybe around Durham or North of Newcastle but no more than half an hours drive out of the smoke but with that great countryside on your doorstep. I yearn for all that history and culture, to be able to take the kids and see a castle on the weekend instead of a beach or a bone dry paddock.

I am so angry with myself for moving her in the first place it is not funny!
Old Jul 11th 2007, 10:43 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: I have to leave this place

Originally Posted by Fat Bloke
Australia is doing my head in big time, I feel trapped and claustrophobic, the place has become a prison all over again for me.

I have just returned here after a quick trip back to the UK and I have made my mind up that I am going home, now all I have to do is convince my Aussie wife who absolutely loves it here and is digging her heels in over the issue.

I would like a new start in the north of England, maybe around Durham or North of Newcastle but no more than half an hours drive out of the smoke but with that great countryside on your doorstep. I yearn for all that history and culture, to be able to take the kids and see a castle on the weekend instead of a beach or a bone dry paddock.

I feel for you mate!

What you going to do if she won't go back with you. You read these horror stories on here about people breaking up as one insists on staying.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 11:00 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I know how you feel mate. Every morning i have to stop myself dashing to the airport!!

I hope you can convince your wife its a good idea.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh lardy....

Get persuading!
How long have you been here?
You in Purfectville?
Try not to beat yourself for moving here - just get back
Old Jul 11th 2007, 11:18 pm
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

We have been here for 3 years and I have told her that I intend for this coming xmas/summer to be our last in Australia, I can't bear the thought of spending any longer than another year here, I too have to stop myself dashing to the airport, I had to force myself on the plane back here this week. If she does not come with me then I will test the strength of our relationship by leaving and seeing what happens, I am prepared to leave her for my own mental well being. It would be terrible to leave the kids but worse things could happen.

I am setting the goalposts at next July.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

englishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond repute

. It would be terrible to leave the kids but worse things could happen.

what could be worse than leaving your kids???
i dont understand that at all
Old Jul 11th 2007, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

We have been here for 3 years and I have told her that I intend for this coming xmas/summer to be our last in Australia, I can't bear the thought of spending any longer than another year here, I too have to stop myself dashing to the airport, I had to force myself on the plane back here this week. If she does not come with me then I will test the strength of our relationship by leaving and seeing what happens, I am prepared to leave her for my own mental well being. It would be terrible to leave the kids but worse things could happen.

Will your o/h not entertain the idea at present then?
Old Jul 11th 2007, 11:54 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by englishrose
i dont understand that at all
What I mean is that I will still be alive and in contact with my kids IF it did come to that. Some kids grow up not knowing who or where their parents are or the parents are killed etc.

It would be the worst thing but like I said worse things could happen.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 11:55 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Will your o/h not entertain the idea at present then?
Sadly not, she is telling me that she is 95% certain that she will remain here in Australia for the rest of her life.
Those words alone make me feel like shit as I would be found hanging from a tree if I was told I had to stay here that long.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

englishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly not, she is telling me that she is 95% certain that she will remain here in Australia for the rest of her life.
Those words alone make me feel like shit as I would be found hanging from a tree if I was told I had to stay here that long.
maybe if you call her bluff?? she might not think you are serious?
must be hard when the other one doesnt want to return,hope you get sorted,good luck
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:32 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

My kids grow up next door to Portchester Castle...they spent all summer playing in the grounds...I do wish my America Grandson had the same kind of place to play games in...the beach does not come close and summers are too humid and full of bugs to be outside long....
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:35 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Just get gone before you have kids.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Just get gone before you have kids.
To late for that
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:43 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
To late for that
Nightmare situation, my sympathies.

Not the kids ... the dilemma combined with the kids ...
Old Jul 12th 2007, 1:07 am
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishrose
Staying in a situation where you're unutterably miserable -- "for the sake of the kids"? Doesn't do the kids any favors. I speak from experience (as the child of a disastrous marriage).

Knowing your dad committed suicide out of desperation?

How old are the kids? Could you/would you want to get custody?

It's got to be awfully tough for anyone in your situation. I don't have any good suggestions. Just wish you good luck . . .

Sarah in TX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.