i have a bit of a complicated situation

Wikiposts

i have a bit of a complicated situation

Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:49 am
Just Joined

dazla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i have a bit of a complicated situation

Hi any information would be sincerely appreciated,,my situation is as follows
I am a natural born British Citizen but was living in the USA for a number of years.i married my wife(not British) in November 2005 in Asia.In 2006 our child was born in the USA, he has dual citizenship British/USA,unfortunately he was born with severe medical problems,in 2007 i decided to return to the UK to live,i applied for a settlement visa for my wife which was granted, UK ENTRY CLEARENCE, VISA SPOUSE/CP it is valid for 2 years,we returned to the UK but after 3 months we had to return back to the USA as our child required more surgeries and due to the serious nature of these we wanted him treated by the same doctors that performed the previous surgeries as they are world renowned in their field,unfortunately the surgery didn't go as planned and we have been stuck in the USA as he has required more than was originally suggested,so now we have been out of the UK for 10 months but will be able to travel back to the UK next month,,my questions are as follows,,,
1, will we have a problem returning back to the UK as my wife has been out of the country for nearly 11 months
2,,,if we are able to return,,my wifes visa expires towards the end of this year would we be able to apply for ILR due to been in the USA or would we have to apply for an extension, as i would like to apply for ILR because we would hopefully not have to return to the USA for more treatment and will be permanently residing in the UK,sorry for the long post but i'm a bit frantic with worry as my child needs his mother for medical care,and the country she is origanaly from doesn't really have good medical facilities to say the least
thanks for any help
i'm knew to this site and maybe i have put this in the wrong forum does anybody know how to move this post to the immigration forum,thanks

Last edited by dazla; Feb 1st 2009 at 10:09 am. Reason: knew to this site and i may have posted this in the wrong forum anyone know how to move this post to the immigration forum
Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:34 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i have a bit of a complicated situation

Hi.......Sorry i carn't help you with any of your questions, but wanted to wish you well and welcome you to TMBTTUK forum
Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:42 am
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazla
I am a natural born British Citizen but was living in the USA for a number of years.i married my wife(not British) in November 2005 in Asia.In 2006 our child was born in the USA, he has dual citizenship British/USA,unfortunately he was born with severe medical problems,in 2007 i decided to return to the UK to live,i applied for a settlement visa for my wife which was granted, UK ENTRY CLEARENCE, VISA SPOUSE/CP it is valid for 2 years,we returned to the UK but after 3 months we had to return back to the USA as our child required more surgeries and due to the serious nature of these we wanted him treated by the same doctors that performed the previous surgeries as they are world renowned in their field,unfortunately the surgery didn't go as planned and we have been stuck in the USA as he has required more than was originally suggested,so now we have been out of the UK for 10 months but will be able to travel back to the UK next month,,my questions are as follows,,,
1, will we have a problem returning back to the UK as my wife has been out of the country for nearly 11 months
2,,,if we are able to return,,my wifes visa expires towards the end of this year would we be able to apply for ILR due to been in the USA or would we have to apply for an extension, as i would like to apply for ILR because we would hopefully not have to return to the USA for more treatment and will be permanently residing in the UK,sorry for the long post but i'm a bit frantic with worry as my child needs his mother for medical care,and the country she is origanaly from doesn't really have good medical facilities to say the least
thanks for any help
i'm knew to this site and maybe i have put this in the wrong forum does anybody know how to move this post to the immigration forum,thanks
Me too, can't help but I'm sure people will give you some advice if you stay on the forum. Must be awful for you. Post on other forums and look up the poster Professional Princess. She researched a lot of links for another difficult situation. She may have heard of some help that might be available to you.
Fingers crossed for you and your family.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cricket1
Me too, can't help but I'm sure people will give you some advice if you stay on the forum. Must be awful for you. Post on other forums and look up the poster Professional Princess. She researched a lot of links for another difficult situation. She may have heard of some help that might be available to you.
Fingers crossed for you and your family.
thanks for your thoughts,,,i tried to send a personal message to proffesional princess but it wont let me send 1 as it says anyone with more than 3 posts are not allowed to send personal messages which i dont understand as i am new to this forum and have only made 1 post,do you have any advice how to contact this person
thanks again
Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:59 am
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for your thoughts,,,i tried to send a personal message to proffesional princess but it wont let me send 1 as it says anyone with more than 3 posts are not allowed to send personal messages which i dont understand as i am new to this forum and have only made 1 post,do you have any advice how to contact this person
thanks again
Make more posts!
Old Feb 1st 2009, 11:06 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

thanks again
you can send PM's after 3 posts
Old Feb 1st 2009, 11:30 am
Just Joined

ok thanks again
Old Feb 1st 2009, 11:35 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

ok thanks again
Their you go you have your 3 posts now...you might want to try jaj, he seems to know what he's on with
Old Feb 1st 2009, 5:50 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for any help
As far as I know your wife can still re-enter the U.K. on her existing spouse visa. I don't know if her time abroad impacts her eligibility for Indefinite Leave to Remain but even if it does, she could apply for Further Leave to Remain instead.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk

Also try http://www.immigrationboards.com for U.K. immigration discussion.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 6:22 pm
Banned

thanks for any help

What about contacting social services? They might be able to help you with accomodation near to where your child might be receiving medical treatment.