Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I dont want to be here!!!!

I dont want to be here!!!!

Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:26 pm
Est
Forum Regular

Est is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy I dont want to be here!!!!

For me it is not getting any easier - if anything worse. I want to go home NOW. We have been in Brisbane 3 months tomorrow.

I cannot decide whether to try and sell the house in October and try and be home for xmas or wait until my sister in law and her hubby and two friends have been at xmas and sell in January. They have put no pressure on us to stay here for them as they would only be with us for 4 days over xmas as they are travelling alot of oz while they are here.

Plus they are coming out on their own to see us in June. They should have our visa as they love it here.

Decisions - what would you do??
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of
Default Re: I dont want to be here!!!!

Originally Posted by Est
For me it is not getting any easier - if anything worse. I want to go home NOW. We have been in Brisbane 3 months tomorrow.

I cannot decide whether to try and sell the house in October and try and be home for xmas or wait until my sister in law and her hubby and two friends have been at xmas and sell in January. They have put no pressure on us to stay here for them as they would only be with us for 4 days over xmas as they are travelling alot of oz while they are here.

Plus they are coming out on their own to see us in June. They should have our visa as they love it here.

I know what you are going through, the first 6 months i was in turmoil, always wanting to go home, i stuck it out and have been here a year and a half but i still get the feelings i want to go home, probably know stronger than they were when we first arrived, but only not so often.
I hope it get easier for you and good luck in what you decided to do.
Suzanne
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Est

Hang on in there, 3 months is the worst time, give yourself time linits, say june for now til u see your family, already april. then see how it go
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to be here either

I felt the same way as you do at the 3 month stage - nearly six years on now and I still feel the same. For me that "I don't want to be here" feeling has remained as strong as ever, it has not gone away.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:12 am
Back to the future!

Treacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to all

Hi Est,
Sorry I can't tell you what to do, I can only tell you what it has been like for me.
I have been here 15 months and also felt like you at 3mths, then 6mths etc.
Had reletives over who left 4 days before xmas, I felt so sad, so christmas was hell for me and that really made up my mind once and for all about leaving. If we hadn't had people already booked to come and see us we would've left after 6mths.
Others have said to me to give it more time but I know how I feel and I don't want to be here anymore.

Good luck with you're decision, I know I felt so much better once my mind was made up.

Deb x
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:36 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Est

I would suggest to stick it out abit longer. At least you have given it longer and made no rash decisions. I for one wanted to leave Perth asap, but in hindsight it is best to try and live the life and give it as long as poss, e.g. we are waiting for citizenship. We will still be going home but i will feel better with the citizenship just incase, you never know!!!!

Hang in there if you can, just look towards Xmas and seeing your family again, then at least you will have done a year at least, if you still feel the same then you know what to do.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:54 am
Est
Forum Regular

Est is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the support

Think I am feeling worse at the moment as sister is law is due to give birth any time and I need to be there for a cuddle

We desperately want kids but need to wait til we are home now so we have our family and friends around us

I feel so bad for my lovely husband - he has been wonderful. He said he would be happy to live anywhere where I was.

Dont think we could make it to two years for the citizanship.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:57 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Est
Thanks for the support

Think I am feeling worse at the moment as sister is law is due to give birth any time and I need to be there for a cuddle

We desperately want kids but need to wait til we are home now so we have our family and friends around us

I feel so bad for my lovely husband - he has been wonderful. He said he would be happy to live anywhere where I was.

Dont think we could make it to two years for the citizanship.
I know what you mean, 2 years is along time if your unhappy. Follow your heart, i didn't and now i'm paying the price.

I'm from West Yorkshire!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

m100 has a spectacular aura aboutm100 has a spectacular aura aboutm100 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Est

Sounds like you have already made your mind up, I know once we finally decided to return home we were all so much happier (no more limbo land).
Maybe you should stick it out until June and then start your plans to return.
Good luck x
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 3:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Cant add anything useful but I tell ya what if I was able to go back it would be Yorkshire, were not from there but sis moved there last year we visited in january and loved it. Kids just met UK kids at school they are from yorkshire they have already decided to move back in december. There must be something about the place that gets a hold on you.

Give it a bit more time 3 months isnt long tho..
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 3:35 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Cant add anything useful but I tell ya what if I was able to go back it would be Yorkshire, were not from there but sis moved there last year we visited in january and loved it. Kids just met UK kids at school they are from yorkshire they have already decided to move back in december. There must be something about the place that gets a hold on you.

Give it a bit more time 3 months isnt long tho..
I don't think Yorkshire is any better than a lot of other places in the UK. I just think this immigration lark suits some and doesn't others. It sure has some beautiful places but far too full of Yorkshire folk for my liking

Now the other side of the Pennines, now that is a different story.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by northernbird
I don't think Yorkshire is any better than a lot of other places in the UK. I just think this immigration lark suits some and doesn't others. It sure has some beautiful places but far too full of Yorkshire folk for my liking

Now the other side of the Pennines, now that is a different story.
Hey my dad was a Yorkshire man none of that
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Est

est, have pmd you x
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 6:27 am
Just Joined

ozlow is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Est

Can't make it any better for you or the decision any easier but its good to find out you are not alone!

We've been here 10 weeks and I knew it would be hard but I never dreamt it would be this hard. Home is where the heart is, half of mine is here with hubby and kids the other is with my family and friends. Its like bereavement, don't be rash, I'm hoping time will heal.

Good lick whatever you choose to do.

Jane
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 7:26 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

We've been here almost three years and I still feel as homesick now as I did three weeks after arriving. It never goes away, it doesn't get any easier. You just learn to live with it, day in, day out....bit like groundhog day.

Wish I could just stick the house on the market, flog it and go home. Hubby would go crazy if I didn't finish my degree. At the moment I couldn't give a stuff about the stupid thing. Who want's to be a pesky teacher anyhow?!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.