Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I can't believe I'm posting here!

Wikiposts

I can't believe I'm posting here!

Old Jun 21st 2009, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute
Default I can't believe I'm posting here!

Well, our plans to stay in the US have hit a bit of a hiccup.

We thought that we were in the home stretch but it seems that our Adjustment of Status application has been denied. We don't know why, yet, because our attorney hasn't received the notice.

I'm not even sure I can be arsed to appeal.

If hubby can get a job in horse-racing again (one that comes with a house), we're probably going to return to the UK. I'm beginning to think it's not a bad idea. The only hassle is what to do with the two dogs and three cats. I'm thinking that pet passports are the way to go and keep them here until the 6 months are up.

I never thought I'd end up posting here. It looks I'm joining the MBTTUK club.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 12:53 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I can't believe I'm posting here!

Sorry it's a reluctant return geeandtee, but I hope all works out for the best.

Bev
Old Jun 21st 2009, 12:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geeandtee

We thought that we were in the home stretch but it seems that our Adjustment of Status application has been denied. We don't know why, yet, because our attorney hasn't received the notice.

If hubby can get a job in horse-racing again (one that comes with a house), we're probably going to return to the UK. I'm beginning to think it's not a bad idea. The only hassle is what to do with the two dogs and three cats. I'm thinking that pet passports are the way to go and keep them here until the 6 months are up.

Sorry to hear this...I read your thread in the Imm. Forum yesterday. I hope you'll be able to get to the bottom of this and hopefully you will be able to resolve it. Don't give up.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Oh sorry to hear that your plans have been hijacked. Never mind, just think of all the lovely ploughmans lunches you will be able to sample (no, seriously, I am sorry that you are faced with going back when you didnt particularly want to)
Old Jun 21st 2009, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, the more I think about going back, the more I like the idea.

It's just the financial implications that frighten the crap out of me,finding the money to pay off things here and then move...it makes me want to crawl in a hole.

Quoll...yes, ploughmans but also...the Holy Grail......

SAUSAGES!!!!!
Old Jun 21st 2009, 7:50 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

You and me both then! sorry that your visa has been declined.

The pet thing is expensive. Just as a precaution, I'm taking the dog to get a Rabies shot tomorrow. that's $90 for the shot and $300 for the blood test 30 days later, that's the cheap part! Pet flights are sooo expensive, and you have lots of furry friends that need flights. This moving overseas malarky is definitley and expensive exercise.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 8:30 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alipally
You and me both then! sorry that your visa has been declined.

The pet thing is expensive. Just as a precaution, I'm taking the dog to get a Rabies shot tomorrow. that's $90 for the shot and $300 for the blood test 30 days later, that's the cheap part! Pet flights are sooo expensive, and you have lots of furry friends that need flights. This moving overseas malarky is definitley and expensive exercise.
For a medium sized dog the whole process is > $2,500 (of which the flight is a huge chunk). If you use a commercial company to take care of it, it's even more.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 8:48 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya GT

Long time no speak!

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Will you be happy to return or sad to leave?
Old Jun 21st 2009, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Quoll...yes, ploughmans but also...the Holy Grail......

SAUSAGES!!!!!
Ah yes, of course, I knew it was pub food related and couldnt quite remember - only that I havent had a good sausage or ploughmans on this side of the world in an awfully long time!
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Hiya GT

Long time no speak!

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Will you be happy to return or sad to leave?
Hiya Flea.

Right now, at 6.30am in the morning, on a day when the temps are supposed to climbe to about 107F, I'll be happy to return to the UK.

I figured that shipping the pets would be absurdly expensive. I have a horrible feeling if we have to leave, we may have to find new homes for the dogs. I can't leave two of the cats. I think our neighbour would have the other one.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 7:40 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Flea.

Right now, at 6.30am in the morning, on a day when the temps are supposed to climbe to about 107F, I'll be happy to return to the UK.

I figured that shipping the pets would be absurdly expensive. I have a horrible feeling if we have to leave, we may have to find new homes for the dogs. I can't leave two of the cats. I think our neighbour would have the other one.
Yes, it will cost you a fortune. My little pooch cost a hell of a lot to fly back from Aus.

Best of luck with it all
Old Jun 24th 2009, 6:13 am
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

If its not too late, consider booking the QM2. Its loads cheaper with pets. Flat 500 US dollars for dogs and 300 for cats. They even reduced our price to help. It was fantastic as well.