I admit it....

Old Dec 7th 2012, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

britwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond repute
Default I admit it....

I am feeling a little "homesick" for LA.....can u believe it!?! It doesn't help that my best friend lives there and we're living in a rental surrounded by boxes and stuff in black bags with hardly any furniture and husband doesn't have a job and the weather is cold and about to get REALLy cold and.........*breath*

I'll be fine!!!!!

There's plenty of cake and I've decided to buy myself another MINI even though I still haven't passed my test over here - sometimes you just have to spoil yourself and I really need to build my credit so hopefully I can get a used one with financing

Hope everyone else who has moved back this year are doing OK
Old Dec 8th 2012, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of
Default Re: I admit it....

awwww. Don't beat yourself up about feeling homesick. It happens to the best of us. I'm sure after living in LA the weather adjustment is something that will take some getting used to.

Just know I'm rooting for you and please give yourself time to adjust the many differences you will encounter.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

britwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond repute

thanks so much
Old Dec 8th 2012, 5:50 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britwhore
I am feeling a little "homesick" for LA.....can u believe it!?! It doesn't help that my best friend lives there and we're living in a rental surrounded by boxes and stuff in black bags with hardly any furniture and husband doesn't have a job and the weather is cold and about to get REALLy cold and.........*breath*

I'll be fine!!!!!

There's plenty of cake and I've decided to buy myself another MINI even though I still haven't passed my test over here - sometimes you just have to spoil yourself and I really need to build my credit so hopefully I can get a used one with financing

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I hope you settle soon Britwhore. I know it is hard living in a rental especially if you haven't got your own furniture and belongings around you yet.
Also I am sure you will both settle more once hubby is in a job.
I can't say anything about the weather I'm afraid, you will just have to dress warmer and get out there in the 'fresh' air.

I have about 8 months and I am getting on that QM2, going home and bloody staying there!
Old Dec 8th 2012, 6:28 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I have about 8 months and I am getting on that QM2, going home and bloody staying there!
Complete with your shiny new Canadian Passport !
Old Dec 8th 2012, 8:46 pm
Nyz
Forum Regular

Nyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I can understand totally how you feel. We moved back in Sept 2011 and moved into a rental (it was damp and nasty), 12 months on, we've bought our own place and looking forward to Xmas. I found a job quite quickly and felt very settled but there was times I felt we'd made a mistake. I think you're feelings are totally normal.

I think the LA weather is something I will always miss though

Good luck and I hope you start to feel more settled soon.
Old Dec 8th 2012, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks so much! Hopefully my husband finds a job soon - it's been 4 months not good. Glad to hear everything is going well for u have a great Christmas!
Old Dec 8th 2012, 10:13 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
Complete with your shiny new Canadian Passport !
Yep
Are you stalking me again?

Actually, I didn't get the passport.
Old Dec 9th 2012, 5:57 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be fine!!!!!

Awww its only natural to feel like that. I've just moved out of my nightmare rental and into work accommodation, I move back to the UK in June and all my stuff is on its way to the UK now but I had a 'wobble' the other day.

Since I have moved I don't have to put up with my horrible drunk noisy neighbours and their hideous yappy dog, not to mention the screaming, swearing child and her awful mother on the other side! For the first time in 18 months I have peace, privacy, quiet and aircon (bliss!), finally now I get a good night's sleep!!!

I realised that I won't have this work package in the UK - excellent pay, free gym, free accommodation, no bills, great boss - and I had a 'am I doing the right thing' moment, I didn't expect to feel like that AT ALL!!! Still now I am back on shift, bored all day, dragged out of bed right around the clock on call to deal with drunks, no one to talk to, its far too hot (35!) and the humidity is SO awful so therefore today I am ok with my decision to go home after all!

Your circumstances are not ideal atm. When my parents returned with my sister and I from Oz in 1980 we left a lovely house with a pool and moved into a grotty two bed rented flat, my Mum cried every day and my Dad spent ages looking for work. Fast forward a few months, they both had jobs and they bought a nice little cottage where they still live now. They have no regrets and say moving back was the best thing they ever did!

I think you are down my way (SE) so have a look online at Coopers Tunbridge Wells. They have branches all over the SE and they do finance deals, there are some lovely Mini's on there, hope you feel a bit more upbeat soon and your hubby gets a job. Hang on in there!!!!

Last edited by MissBetty; Dec 9th 2012 at 6:39 am.
Old Dec 9th 2012, 4:27 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Britwhore, Best wishes for 2013 and hopefully things will fall into place for you and OH. Our things arrived a few weeks ago and we still have boxes in spots where they don't belong, so I have a little sense of what you are feeling. Are you still thinking about moving to London? How are the dogs doing?
Old Dec 10th 2012, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks MissBetty! I remember having those "am I doing the right thing?" moments....so difficult. The thing is you don't know you made the right decision until you're actually here which makes life pretty bloody difficult! I will check out Coopers Tunbridge Wells - thanks And thanks for taking the time to reply.

lf1 - how are you? Yeah our boxes arrived a while ago but have been sitting in storage. Been picking up a few at a time but I'm surrounded by boxes - not the best feeling!!!! We moved up to Westerham which is near London. We tried and tried to find something closer to the city but with 4 dogs it was a nightmare. But the place we live in now doesn't care how many dogs we have. It's a country estate that Henry III built ( i believe) We're living in a 400 year old stone cottage!!!! The dogs and my OH LOVE it. I'm definitely a city girl. but it's a nice change of pace and getting into the city for auditions isn't horrendous How's life in Scotland? This week is going to be SOOOOOOOO cold especially up there!!! Hope you and the OH are keeping warm
Old Dec 10th 2012, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Wombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant future

I'll be fine!!!!!

I also can relate to how you feel. We have made the big move back from Oz (to Germany) nearly six months ago and we feel still not "at home" , despite having our families (parents , siblings) closer again. Also surrounded still by some boxes, as we've moved from a house double the size of the rental flat we are in now. Everything is very expensive, starting with rentals, insurances, food etc. for us compared to Australia.

I guess a lot changed in the six years we've been away, including ourselves, we are more Aussie than we thought we'd be. Also we miss our best friends as well, and the winter is so bloody cold and snowy here.

We reckon that we made the wrong decision in going back, but it is like you said, we wouldn't know unless we'd tried it. So I don't see it as a waste, it is still good to spend time with our families, we now treat it as a "working holiday" and hope to go back in the first half of next year.....

All the best to you, hope it works out for you.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

I remember your posts from 'lala' land. You definitely wanted to move. Take a look at them if you have not already. Perhaps that will help. Thank you for your honest post it is foremost in mind as I plan and we have up and down times.

I think Miss Betty says it all. Keep focused and long long term.

I wish you and your husband a happy and prosperous New Year.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Wombatz - sorry to hear it didn't work out but I'm glad you're so positive about it!

Vikingsail - thanks! Definitely thinking long term. Things will work out - just having a little wobble!!! Hahaha!! I knew the move would be difficult and I also knew it would take about a year before we felt settled. So it's just a case of giving it time and giving ourselves time.

Wishing you a happy and prosperous New Year!! Thanks
Old Dec 11th 2012, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

J.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be fine!!!!!

It is 2.5 years back for us. We are settled but still have occasional "wobbles" when we come across some UK aspect that doesn't make sense to us.

There is nothing that makes us regret the move back, just some challenges with the way things are when our US experience of the same thing was better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.