Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Hubby's Brit Citizenship Approved!

Hubby's Brit Citizenship Approved!

Old Jul 26th 2007, 4:01 pm
Account Closed

Serenity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hubby's Brit Citizenship Approved!

WOOHOOO! Had to share somewhere!! Of course he's not quite yet officially a British citizen as he has to have the ceremony first and apparently he has to wait for a letter about that, but the actual application is approved!!

He will be dual Brit/American if anyone is interested.

We got the application in right at the end of March before the fee increase on the 1st April. He'd taken his Life in the UK test a year before when we were going to move back to the US but when we decided to stay the citizenship got put on hold.

I will be married to a Brit!! LOL!!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hubby's Brit Citizenship Approved!

Originally Posted by Serenity
WOOHOOO! Had to share somewhere!! Of course he's not quite yet officially a British citizen as he has to have the ceremony first and apparently he has to wait for a letter about that, but the actual application is approved!!

We got the application in right at the end of March before the fee increase on the 1st April. He'd taken his Life in the UK test a year before when we were going to move back to the US but when we decided to stay the citizenship got put on hold.

Congratulations. That's fantastic news. We're hoping to do the same thing eventually. Then I'll be able to give him as hard a time about July 4th as he does me! Was it relatively easy to do? I'm going the USC route now, and it's taking forever!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:14 pm
Account Closed

Serenity is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TaraC
Congratulations. That's fantastic news. We're hoping to do the same thing eventually. Then I'll be able to give him as hard a time about July 4th as he does me! Was it relatively easy to do? I'm going the USC route now, and it's taking forever!
Very easy I would say, just 4 months to be approved and he's chosen 5th September for his ceremony date when it will all be official. We even went the long route because it was too late to use the checking service which cuts down the time it takes!

On an American expat website I was amused to read an American amused by the irony of working for the British on the 4th of July LOL!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute

Very easy I would say, just 4 months to be approved and he's chosen 5th September for his ceremony date when it will all be official. We even went the long route because it was too late to use the checking service which cuts down the time it takes!

On an American expat website I was amused to read an American amused by the irony of working for the British on the 4th of July LOL!
Gosh, that's fast. It's going to take me over a year to get my USC, and I've had a green card for 25 years! Obviously there are certain places where the UK govt does work faster.

I laughed over your 4th of July comment -- I always make sure I serve hot tea and have even threatened to hang a Union Jack. For some reason, that doesn't go over very well. One year we had my family and a friend of my husband's from Germany over during the 4th of July holiday. We had to laugh at our little minority! He took it well.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 8:03 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news well done