Wikiposts

HSBC account

Old Jul 30th 2010, 6:51 am
Just Joined

Maureen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HSBC account

A cheque has not arrived in time to deposit in our bank here in Canada befor we leave on Tuesday 3rd Aug We have a HSBC account in UK My question is can a friend here in Canda go to ANY HSBC bank and deposit it into our UK account . Ver frustrating because we applied for this cheque six weeks ago
Thanks again
Maureen
Old Jul 30th 2010, 9:18 am
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HSBC account

Originally Posted by Maureen
A cheque has not arrived in time to deposit in our bank here in Canada befor we leave on Tuesday 3rd Aug We have a HSBC account in UK My question is can a friend here in Canda go to ANY HSBC bank and deposit it into our UK account . Ver frustrating because we applied for this cheque six weeks ago
Thanks again
Maureen
You may have to go to the bank in question and arrange Power of Attorney so your friend may act on your behalf; your best bet would be to approach the bank to see what they say.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

JetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really nice

I tried to do the same thing in the UK but with an Australian cheque but it wasn't possible.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Maureen
Thanks again
Maureen
I think what you're asking is whether a friend can pay a Canadian check into your account in Canada. I don't know how it works in Canada, but my family pay money/cheques into my account in the UK on my behalf frequently. It's not that they are family either, I could have a friend do it too. Money can be paid in, but not taken out, of course. I'm assuming you have been using your HSBC account in Canada and had money paid in etc before, is that correct? Best thing would be to go find out at the bank, if you haven't already.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 6:48 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

It should be fine. it's not like depositing a foreign currency cheque. I've done it quite often.

Now they won't let your friends take moneyout

Bev
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 9:23 pm
Account Closed

Picnic is an unknown quantity at this point

An alternative solution is to have your friend FedEx/otherwise mail the cheque to you in the UK. You can then deposit the cheque into your UK HSBC bank account and your funds should be available in about 2 weeks. This may be a better solution unless you are easily able to transfer funds from your Canadian account to your UK account.

If you do this and the HSBC bank clerk looks blank you may have to explain that it is possible to deposit a foreign currency cheque into a UK account! Believe me it is possible, we send $$ to our UK bank on a regular basis.