Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

How Will You Live Differently When You Go Back?

Wikiposts

How Will You Live Differently When You Go Back?

Old Nov 9th 2008, 9:55 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Will You Live Differently When You Go Back?

Originally Posted by crystal23
I don't think a personal attack on Flea is warranted do you?rofl:

Old Nov 9th 2008, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum

affirmative!
Old Nov 10th 2008, 8:20 am
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

This is a tricky one. Where would you live? Would you go back to where you came from or would you move to somewhere new? I can't decide although I mostly want to go back to where I came from because I have friends and family there.
But also, I would love to live in the Cotswolds which would be completely new.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

I would do nothing differently as I loved my 'old' life (well, I might get up a bit earlier to put my washing out before work on rare sunny days!)
Old Nov 10th 2008, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

backagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in 2 minds about whether I would live in Manchester where I come from, or somewhere else.

Arguments for living in Manchester are
- I would be amongst familiar surroundings. What's the point in moving back to UK if I will be somewhere completely unfamiliar?
- Most of my relatives and friends in UK are in the greater Manchester area
- There's lots of jobs, good shopping and other amenities and plenty to do

Arguments for living elsewhere
- Manchester has a high crime rate compared to many other parts of UK
- There's a lot of run down areas in Manchester
- Weather is better down south
Old Nov 11th 2008, 3:28 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Take holidays in Europe and UK that aren't sunshine based, I'm sick of sunshine for now.
So I'd like to see Scotland, the lake district, yorkshire, and more. Plus Germany, Austria, Holland and Denmark.
Smaller house, two bedrooms will do, I'll get to work full time, it'll be good to have family support around for a change.
One day I hope to make it true, sooner rather than later.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 6:21 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Take holidays in Europe and UK that aren't sunshine based, I'm sick of sunshine for now.
So I'd like to see Scotland, the lake district, yorkshire, and more. Plus Germany, Austria, Holland and Denmark.
Smaller house, two bedrooms will do, I'll get to work full time, it'll be good to have family support around for a change.
One day I hope to make it true, sooner rather than later.
Yes definitely visit more of Britain, and get involved in preserving history and customs, join the WI.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Yep will never take it for granted anymore.

There are so many bits of it I haven't seen, eg in England I have only ever been to London and Liverpool, I definitely have to see more stuff!
Old Nov 11th 2008, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandergirl

There are so many bits of it I haven't seen, eg in England I have only ever been to London and Liverpool, I definitely have to see more stuff!
That's my plan too and one of the main reasons I'm finally learning to drive. I've seen so little of the beautiful Island and I can't wait to take my kids camping and or go and stay in a little isolated cottage on the west coast of Ireland just me and my OH
Old Nov 11th 2008, 9:58 am
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be taking my husband (of course, silly me, like I'd leave him behind). He hasn't been back to UK in 30 years. He's looking forward to it but I'm nervous that he won't like it. As you know, it's a major life change.

I plan to do the full touristy thing. Show him everywhere
Old Nov 11th 2008, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Will probably live in a smaller house and buy a smaller car. Will definitely be traveling to all corners of England.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandergirl
Yep will never take it for granted anymore.

I know, I'm ashamed to say I haven't even been to Scotland or Ireland. There is soooo much I'd like to see that I didn't when I lived there.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

backagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond repute

Me too. I know there's tons of things I want to see in UK, but there's probably tons more I don't even know about.