How to valuate a house??

Old Sep 22nd 2006, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of
Default How to valuate a house??

Does somebody know how to valuate a house except with an estage agent....I just want to find out how much a house is really worth..and not how much an estage agent thinks he can get for it!!
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 9:45 pm
No income tax no V.A.T.

Rodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to valuate a house??

Originally Posted by eurotramp
Does somebody know how to valuate a house except with an estage agent....I just want to find out how much a house is really worth..and not how much an estage agent thinks he can get for it!!
Comp (comparable) it for a close estimate, find three houses in the same area with the same features and average the price...... Where is the house???

If the house is in the USA you can get it appraised for under $300, not sure what the cost is if it is in the UK, but the last person you want to price up a house is an agent.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 10:12 pm
I Beg To Differ

BE Widow has a reputation beyond reputeBE Widow has a reputation beyond reputeBE Widow has a reputation beyond reputeBE Widow has a reputation beyond reputeBE Widow has a reputation beyond reputeBE Widow has a reputation beyond reputeBE Widow has a reputation beyond reputeBE Widow has a reputation beyond reputeBE Widow has a reputation beyond reputeBE Widow has a reputation beyond reputeBE Widow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eurotramp
If the house is in America, try Zillow. http://www.zillow.com/

This is also a fun site if you just want to nose around and find out what a friend/neighbor/boss/etc house is worth.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BE Widow

This is also a fun site if you just want to nose around and find out what a friend/neighbor/boss/etc house is worth.
No,no,nonono.....the house is in the uk..
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

try rightmove.co.uk if you type in the post code they will tell you what haouses have been selling for in that area. Not sure of the exact email address
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 11:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hey thanks for that...its a great site.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 12:30 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting that!

How are you anyway? Do you have plans to get to 300 posts before the year is out?

(Would be nice if you posted more - for balance, like... )
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 12:35 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

You can give this site a bash - shows what recent houses in the same street or area went for.

http://www.nethouseprices.com/index.php
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 1:34 am
I Beg To Differ

BE Widow has a reputation beyond reputeBE Widow has a reputation beyond reputeBE Widow has a reputation beyond reputeBE Widow has a reputation beyond reputeBE Widow has a reputation beyond reputeBE Widow has a reputation beyond reputeBE Widow has a reputation beyond reputeBE Widow has a reputation beyond reputeBE Widow has a reputation beyond reputeBE Widow has a reputation beyond reputeBE Widow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hey thanks for that...its a great site.
Isn't it fun - although unfortunately it only gives a "tax" value for my house, but I still can't resist looking up everyone elses. Gruff calls me Mrs. Kravitz (as in Gladys, not Lenny's wife).
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 1:35 am
I Beg To Differ

Originally Posted by Elvira
Thanks for posting that!

How are you anyway? Do you have plans to get to 300 posts before the year is out?

(Would be nice if you posted more - for balance, like... )
There now, I am up to 229! All's well here, how are you?
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 1:40 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

There now, I am up to 229! All's well here, how are you?

I'm fine - thanks for asking. Spending way too much time on here though!
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 7:33 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladylisa
try rightmove.co.uk if you type in the post code they will tell you what haouses have been selling for in that area. Not sure of the exact email address
Yep, at http://www.rightmove.co.uk/ you can click on the "Sold" button.

Otherwise, if you are seriously considering buying a house, for 19.95 GBP you can get a valuation from http://www.hometrack.co.uk/ - or, you can get less detailed estimates on several houses at about 95 pence each. You pay by CC and they email the report immediately to you.

On average, house sale prices are about 95% of asking price, although this obviously varies. Sometimes, if you really want a house you pay whatever it takes (especially in a hot market) - as the saying goes, a house is worth whatever someone will pay for it.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

also try www.upmystreet.com we found it useful on seeing what was happening with house prices in our area. Approx 3 months lag on prices but should give you a good idea on house prices
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 8:22 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Yep, at http://www.rightmove.co.uk/ you can click on the "Sold" button.

Otherwise, if you are seriously considering buying a house, for 19.95 GBP you can get a valuation from http://www.hometrack.co.uk/ - or, you can get less detailed estimates on several houses at about 95 pence each. You pay by CC and they email the report immediately to you.

On average, house sale prices are about 95% of asking price, although this obviously varies. Sometimes, if you really want a house you pay whatever it takes (especially in a hot market) - as the saying goes, a house is worth whatever someone will pay for it.
I should also add that I was a bit surprised at the valuations in the reports I got. They seemed overpriced - and in fact were higher than the current asking prices for three properties I have been looking at (by as much as almost 20% in one case - 142k valuation vs. 120k asking price. That's the nature of statistical analyses, I guess - these estimates assume a continuation of price rise trends, whereas this may not the case.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 9:14 am
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

that site is great, picked my great cousins house up in Portland Oregon, could almost see them in the garden

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.