How is UK.....Really?

Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:53 pm

Lycanthrop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How is UK.....Really?

Im very sorry, but feel I must object in the strongest possible terms........
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:04 pm
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Why would you object to that? They pay their taxes and NI contributions like everyone else. If you moved to a European country, you would be allowed to use their services and get the same benefits as the locals.

In fact, even if you just go on holiday within the EU, you can use their health services (you need to get a entitlement form beforehand - I believe it is available from the post office).
Too true ,i once had to use the german health system for a bad injury and i feel lucky there was a recipricol arrangement with britain, as i dread to think how much the treetment to my injuries would have been if i had to pay .
Old Apr 13th 2007, 9:51 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Hmmmmmm wonder what he has in mind to qualify as "Great"
Free healthcare

Public transport

Multicultural society

Tolerance

Beautiful countryside

Quality TV

Quality journalism

and more ...
Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:15 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure what you mean by the current government having stolen the taxes. Large sums have been invested in education and the NHS - both of which had nearly been round to ground by the tories.

As for the problems associated with an ageing population - that is the same everywhere.

I live in the US, where we are paying MORE taxes than we ever paid in the UK - and we get F-All for it. The cost of healthcare can be crippling - and 16% of the population have no health insurance. What is more, for many people with insurance, healthcare is no better than the NHS. Hundreds of thousands of people go bankrupt every year because they cannot pay their medical bills - and most of them did have insurance when serious illness struck.

Most people in the US get 2 weeks vacation a year if they are lucky. There is no state-mandated maternity leave - let along maternity pay. Sick days typically are taken out of vacation allowances. In most states you can be fired without any notice whatsoever.

If only people in the UK appreciated how lucky they are!

If only people in USA would cease comparing there life to the UK ?
USA is a doddle place .. When i stayed over there , people laugh and think i am making it up when they learn what we pay in Rates,Fuels,Cigs,Car tax,etc and as one good old Kansas Guy told me they would riot in the streets if they paid that much tax ? So a few little white lies seem to eminate from a few US saddos ...
Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

The card gives access to state-provided medical treatment only, and you'll be treated on the same basis as an 'insured' person living in the country you're visiting.This might not cover all the things you'd expect to get free of charge from the NHS in the UK. You may have to make a contribution to the cost of your care.

In fact, even if you just go on holiday within the EU, you can use their health services (you need to get a entitlement form beforehand - I believe it is available from the post office).
Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Big Pete;4639350] If only people in USA would cease comparing there life to the UK ?
USA is a doddle place .. When i stayed over there , people laugh and think i am making it up when they learn what we pay in Rates,Fuels,Cigs,Car tax,etc and as one good old Kansas Guy told me they would riot in the streets if they paid that much tax ? So a few little white lies seem to eminate from a few US saddos ...[/QUOTE

As you say 'when you stayed over there not lived there, plus your english needs to be addressed, sorry big pete you are talking drivel, live somewhere for a long while, experience life living abroad then come back with your views. read what the papers say in the uk then evaluate just how these articles really have affected you, get the truth. I lived in the UK many tears, did a couple in Perth seen it done read it lived it.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:30 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=thunderbird65;4639382]
USA is a doddle place .. When i stayed over there , people laugh and think i am making it up when they learn what we pay in Rates,Fuels,Cigs,Car tax,etc and as one good old Kansas Guy told me they would riot in the streets if they paid that much tax ? So a few little white lies seem to eminate from a few US saddos ...[/QUOTE

As you say 'when you stayed over there not lived there, plus your english needs to be addressed, sorry big pete you are talking drivel, live somewhere for a long while, experience life living abroad then come back with your views. read what the papers say in the uk then evaluate just how these articles really have affected you, get the truth. I lived in the UK many tears, did a couple in Perth seen it done read it lived it.
I was there 3 months !! not a weeks holiday is it ..
Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:31 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

USA is a doddle place .. When i stayed over there, people laugh and think i am making it up when they learn what we pay in Rates,Fuels,Cigs,Car tax,etc and as one good old Kansas Guy told me they would riot in the streets if they paid that much tax ? So a few little white lies seem to eminate from a few US saddos ...

listen big pete, it's when you make comments like the above that it really does make you look like a rather LITTLE pete esp as you continue to post in the MBTTUK when you are there already
Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:37 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Big Pete;4639399]
Originally Posted by thunderbird65

wow 3 months.... did you have enough travellers cheques?
Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Big Pete;4639399]
Originally Posted by thunderbird65

After a year you will soon see it ain't all sun shine and lolly pop's, five years now and we cant wait to get back home.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:47 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dunroving
Free healthcare

Public transport

Multicultural society

Tolerance

Beautiful countryside

Quality TV

Quality journalism

and more ...
Healthcare - In General yes it is good ..and free except nowdays you pay to park even to visit a dying relative !! and any medicines needed on prescription you pay for !! So not totally free.

Public transport = thats a laugh overcrowded trains ! expensive to use . Buses some are 20 years old ! and unless you live near a town ,service is appalling.
Multiracial - Isnt what gave us Great ,so dunno why u chucked that one in ?

Tolerance Thats running to the wire here !!

Beautiful Countryside - Any where in the world can boast something scenic !!

Quality TV - TV can be watched anywhere with sattelites so no relevance !!

Journalism - Not a reason either , everyone reckons our news papers make it up !!

So sorry you failed

You scored 3/4 of a Greatness Point for the health cover
Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:48 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Healthcare - In General yes it is good ..and free except nowdays you pay to park even to visit a dying relative !! and any medicines needed on prescription you pay for !! So not totally free.

Public transport = thats a laugh overcrowded trains ! expensive to use . Buses some are 20 years old ! and unless you live near a town ,service is appalling.
Multiracial - Isnt what gave us Great ,so dunno why u chucked that one in ?

Tolerance Thats running to the wire here !!

Beautiful Countryside - Any where in the world can boast something scenic !!

Quality TV - TV can be watched anywhere with sattelites so no relevance !!

Journalism - Not a reason either , everyone reckons our news papers make it up !!

So sorry you failed

You scored 3/4 of a Greatness Point for the health cover
Just in the name of God, go.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:57 pm
Banned

[QUOTE=TruBrit;4639425]

wow 3 months.... did you have enough travellers cheques? :
Never use them !! i was there so long i set up a bank account and even thats super drive thru
here you find a car park pay $2 !! walk round wait in a line then rush back in the rain

Likewise the shopping malls air conditioned quality shops Pennys superb shop
You just dont realise what you have in the US dunno why you always bleat about the place ??
Old Apr 14th 2007, 12:00 am
Banned

Correct me wrong isnt the title of the thread " How is Uk ....really?"

Or have you misread and think it says "How is UK ... in your dreams?"

So the fact i am here is a pretty good plus dont you think ?
Old Apr 14th 2007, 12:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Big Pete;4639501]
Originally Posted by TruBrit

Likewise the shopping malls air conditioned quality shops Pennys superb shop
Now you really are making me laugh, it's bloody crap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.