Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

How to take our dog from SA to England?

Wikiposts

How to take our dog from SA to England?

Old Jan 9th 2013, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Nicola1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to take our dog from SA to England?

Does anyone from SA have any experience with this?

I've gone through the DEFRA website which seems straightforward enough (except for the quarantine confusion, as I've heard of other South Africans who didn't need to quarantine their pets) but I'm particularly interested in which companies you used to fly your dog to England.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 2:28 am
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How to take our dog from SA to England?

Not done SA but India and the regs are just the same. Follow as the DEFRA site says and pretty straight forward, well in retrospect. At the time was very scary as the rules seem to change a little each time I looked and the medical form changed a month before we travelled!! Put basically :
Chip, vaccinate, wait one month, blood to UK/EU lab for titre levels . Wait 3 months. Complete health certificate showing all the above and then the worming done 1 - 5 days prior to travel.
Some airlines eg BA only allow the dog to be carried using an agent others do allow you to do it yourself . Can not help on agent in SA as I went from India.

Lots of information on the thread at the top of the forum,
Old Jan 10th 2013, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

Nicola1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to take our dog from SA to England?

Thanks for pointing out the link, I hadn't noticed it before. All read and noted

I've mailed a few companies I found on the net, would love to hear from other South African's who've gone through the process.