How Surreal Is This?

Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:08 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default How Surreal Is This?

My daughter is pregnant and was induced last night 2 weeks early.
She is in Essex UK. I am in Sydney.
Her sister (my other daughter) is also pregnant at same time and same stage. She was supposed to look after her step daughter when she went into labour so that her partner could be with her. Other daughter is sick so cant do it. Her partner has had to leave the hospital to look after the child.
Soooooooo, i have been up most of the night supporting my daughter in the delivery suite via SMS text messages!!!
This is all so surreal. Things are not going as fast as we thought. Although she is getting strong contractions and pain, she still isnt dilated yet.

I hate being here, and feel so impotent sitting here with just a mobile phone to help out!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Surreal Is This?

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
My daughter is pregnant and was induced last night 2 weeks early.
She is in Essex UK. I am in Sydney.
Her sister (my other daughter) is also pregnant at same time and same stage. She was supposed to look after her step daughter when she went into labour so that her partner could be with her. Other daughter is sick so cant do it. Her partner has had to leave the hospital to look after the child.
Soooooooo, i have been up most of the night supporting my daughter in the delivery suite via SMS text messages!!!
This is all so surreal. Things are not going as fast as we thought. Although she is getting strong contractions and pain, she still isnt dilated yet.

I hate being here, and feel so impotent sitting here with just a mobile phone to help out!
Time's like this it really is tuff being an expat (((hug's)))
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:43 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Time's like this it really is tuff being an expat (((hug's)))
Thanks for the karma Britvic.

Yes it is tuff at times like this. I think its the guilt more than anything. I guess it doesnt matter how old your child are (shes 25) you still feel like you should be there when they need you.

Saying that, she just messaged back saying the pethadine is kicking in and she feels drunk..LOL So she cant type!! Bless her.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:58 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

OOohhhhh...you'll be a granny soon!!!!!

She'll be fine. Just keep up the text messages. You'll be home soon to give your daughter and grandchild a big cuddle.

Keep us posted please
Old Jun 27th 2007, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

karni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nice

Originally Posted by TraceyW
OOohhhhh...you'll be a granny soon!!!!!

She'll be fine. Just keep up the text messages. You'll be home soon to give your daughter and grandchild a big cuddle.

Keep us posted please
Hey best of luck with it all Fleaflyfloflum..

bet u cant wait to get back home now to meet the 2 new bambinos!!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karni31
Hey best of luck with it all Fleaflyfloflum..

bet u cant wait to get back home now to meet the 2 new bambinos!!
Ahh Flea mate.....times like this tis really hard being away.
Least you've been able to text her, Granny
Bet you're itching to jump on the next plane. You'll be holding your new grandchild b4 you know it
x
Old Jun 27th 2007, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it is tuff at times like this. I think its the guilt more than anything. I guess it doesnt matter how old your child are (shes 25) you still feel like you should be there when they need you.

Saying that, she just messaged back saying the pethadine is kicking in and she feels drunk..LOL So she cant type!! Bless her.
Hang in there. Heres a ((((hug))))) just to try and make you feel a little better.
Next time you post you can tell us all your now a proud Grandma

Lynne
Old Jun 27th 2007, 3:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

I was hoping she might of had it by now come on Granny tell us what she had, I'll be going through all this come December with my first Gran Child
Old Jun 27th 2007, 7:31 am
I don't give a damn

Well, I am pleased to announce i have a gorgeous new grandaughter!! weighed in at 7lb 4oz
Mum and bub doing fine. She doesnt have a name yet.
She does have a small problem with one foot but according to the doc it usually rectifies itself or just requires a minor operation down the track.

Timing was excellent. She was born 10 mins before i left for work thats why i didnt post earlier.

I am so proud i feel my chest is going to burst. I just cant wait to meet her.

Now i am waiting for my other daughter to give birth. I'm not sure i can stand all this excitement!! Boy oh boy am i gonna be busy when i get back to UK. Cant wait
Old Jun 27th 2007, 7:35 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to you and your daughter.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

BIG CONGRATULATIONS GRANNY

xxxxxxxxxx
Old Jun 27th 2007, 7:56 am
I don't give a damn

Thanx Birdy and Geordie

Britvic, its the greatets feeling int he world. Hope all goes well with your grandchild.

I'm off out baby shopping at the weekend. All those cutesy girlie outfits to buy!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx Birdy and Geordie

Britvic, its the greatets feeling int he world. Hope all goes well with your grandchild.

I'm off out baby shopping at the weekend. All those cutesy girlie outfits to buy!
Congratulations to you all. And look forward to the next installment in a couple of weeks

Lynne
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

How wonderful!! Congratulations Wow, you have really got lots to look forward to when you get back.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:33 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - I bet you have a huge grin on your face all day!! What fantastic news for you. It won't be long now before you can cuddle her.

Piccies please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.