British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   How many go back to England? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/how-many-go-back-england-425188/)

elfman Feb 24th 2007 9:53 pm

Re: How many go back to England?

Originally Posted by denver (Post 4445726)
I love the saying only boring people get bored.

if the cap fits......

Originally Posted by denver (Post 4445726)
So now I am finding London boring

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...7&postcount=79

LouiseD Feb 24th 2007 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by elfman (Post 4451322)

:rofl: :rofl: She never fails does she? :rofl: :rofl:

DrWho Feb 24th 2007 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by elfman (Post 4451322)

:D :D

paula 1 Mar 10th 2007 10:46 am

Originally Posted by paulrachel (Post 4400045)
No i don't know the answer, but after speaking to a removal company, they say they have never been so busy with returning furniture back to UK from Perth..(not sure about East).
It must be the house prices.

spoke to kent shipping company last week, they said 20 families a fortnight from Brisbane & Gold coast go back to UK

St.Georges Girl Mar 10th 2007 11:40 am

Originally Posted by paula 1 (Post 4504412)
spoke to kent shipping company last week, they said 20 families a fortnight from Brisbane & Gold coast go back to UK

Hi Paula, very good friends of ours returned to the UK after 9 years in Q'land last year and, the 3 shipping co's who gave them quotes all told them that they have 50-60 calls a week from UK migrants wishing to return, so it seems things haven't slowed up over east at all. Are you returning to the UK?

Lorane Grainger Mar 12th 2007 11:45 pm

Hi.

I am very new at this, however I have been looking to possibly return to England, even though I think my husband would prefer to stay here in Canada.
We've been living here for 18yrs. this June (2007) the kids are now young adults, but when I look at how I've not been able to work steady at one company and I go through times (nearly every winter time) to go back to England I know I have to make the decision, now
Both my husband's immediately and my immediately family are in England, and I know they enjoy coming to visit, but now I want to go back and be able to just have a phone conversation or get in the car and visit them, it is just to lonely now and I miss them a lot!!!!
I just want to know has any one else moved back to England from Ontario.

Pinning and depressed.

TruBrit Mar 12th 2007 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by Lorane Grainger (Post 4511554)
Hi.

I am very new at this, however I have been looking to possibly return to England, even though I think my husband would prefer to stay here in Canada.
We've been living here for 18yrs. this June (2007) the kids are now young adults, but when I look at how I've not been able to work steady at one company and I go through times (nearly every winter time) to go back to England I know I have to make the decision, now
Both my husband's immediately and my immediately family are in England, and I know they enjoy coming to visit, but now I want to go back and be able to just have a phone conversation or get in the car and visit them, it is just to lonely now and I miss them a lot!!!!

Pinning and depressed.

hiya and welcome to BE :)

why not start a thread of your own introducing yourself and hopefully more peeps will see you.

DollyLlama Mar 12th 2007 11:57 pm

Hi.

Pinning and depressed.

Hello and welcome to BE :)

St.Georges Girl Mar 13th 2007 7:41 am

Hi.

Pinning and depressed.

Hello Lorane and welcome to BE. I have just been reading posts from afew other members wishing to return to the UK from Canada. Here is the link incase you wish to read them and good luck to you.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432245

Amazulu Mar 14th 2007 8:25 am

Originally Posted by MandyB (Post 4424151)
Everyone seems to be harping on about Australia, but wot about New Zealand. I live in Christchurch and am considering (very strongly) leaving, hopefully to Australia, though i have to go through the whole immigration crap again, or back to blighty. Anybody else in my situation.

Love the country, can't survive on the wages - got Melbourne in mind.

Don't blame you. NZ is virtually turning into a 3rd World Country. You'll enjoy Australia more.