Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

How many go back to England?

How many go back to England?

Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many go back to England?

OMG
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Adelaide has the oldest population people over 60 in OZ, its sort of one big boring retirement village a heavens waiting room,also the worst economy in OZ higest unemployment, the only thing that breaks the boredom is the bizarre serial killings they have over there like the Snowtown killings where a gang of serial killers went around chopping people up frying and eating their flesh then putting the remains in barrels of acid, before that you have the gang of serial killers called " the family" they were a group of wealthy politicans, lawyers and business men that preyed on young men, most of them were never caught. Maybe it was the nuclear fall out from the British atomic tests in the 50's that turned Adelaide people into mad mutant killers.
!!!
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

THEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Never been to Adelaide mate so I can't say. I have heard though, the reason they call Adelaide The City Of Churches is because it's full of dead folk!
And that's just the Aussies having a barbie.

Sheesh, even the mad Pommy-bashing aussie hates Adelaide! The folks really dragged me to the right place, didn't they?!?!!?

Last edited by THEGREATIDIOT; Feb 16th 2007 at 12:55 am.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
Im trying to stay very positive here, but I am sure Perth is the dead end of the world and no matter how many new houses etc they build here the infrastructure is always gonna be the same!!! the WA Goverment will not allow Perth to expand IMO, its a crap deal, Dont come to Perth, you die before you get old!!!!

Hubbie says maybe we go to Brisbane maybe we just go back to UK f....MEN!!!!
No you die before you get old where I live. C'mon I'll fight yer for it
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:46 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blowfly
No you die before you get old where I live. C'mon I'll fight yer for it
Methinks Arkon may have the edge on all of us.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Methinks Arkon may have the edge on all of us.
Yes I would say he does! Mind if I was out here permanently I would have to challenge that.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:45 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Yes you won one , one day match and lost everything else including 5-0 defeat in the Ashes, the worst British defeat since 1922.
Never mind 1922 - how about ... worst performance in the country's entire history.

"WOEFUL Australia suffered its first 10-wicket loss in limited-overs history as New Zealand cruised home with 23 overs to spare in Wellington today."
Old Feb 18th 2007, 10:54 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

From my very short time on this forum it appears to me the following ;

People return from England mainly as the following reasons ;

Number wise i wouldnt know and i think it be very hard to know as people are in and out like yo yos lol

1/ People think they can find a top job straight away , and they struggle this then leaves there dreams shattered so they get bitter and angry !

2/ People have had a holiday in a location , are all in holiday mode happy sun is shining and think it will be like this for ever ( realise once honeymoon over the realitys of work schooling and stuff isnt all easy )..

3/ Miss family and the day to day shops and then moan and whinge and blame the country for not being like England ! ( nutty i know ) lol

4/ Marriages get strainned as 1 likes the new place 1 doesnt causes friction
and have heard of split ups due to it !

5/ Some emigrate and are mislead by TV programs and such like which only show the nicer sides of the Countrys ! Showing the Poor rough sides wouldnt be a good TV program would it ? So they arrive and get let down .

It does appear from my short time on the forum that USA and Australia seems to create the most upset miserable returnees , and i think this may be due to vastness of the countrys and distance , friend family visits cost a lot .. fewer visits makes home sickness a major issue on top of the struggling.!

In Spain it appears the main reason is MONEY those with enough love it .. Only those without money or health problems return .But never seem Angry about the country seem to know its there own problem.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 12:51 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
From my very short time on this forum it appears to me the following ;

People return from England mainly as the following reasons ;

Number wise i wouldnt know and i think it be very hard to know as people are in and out like yo yos lol

1/ People think they can find a top job straight away , and they struggle this then leaves there dreams shattered so they get bitter and angry !

2/ People have had a holiday in a location , are all in holiday mode happy sun is shining and think it will be like this for ever ( realise once honeymoon over the realitys of work schooling and stuff isnt all easy )..

3/ Miss family and the day to day shops and then moan and whinge and blame the country for not being like England ! ( nutty i know ) lol

4/ Marriages get strainned as 1 likes the new place 1 doesnt causes friction
and have heard of split ups due to it !

5/ Some emigrate and are mislead by TV programs and such like which only show the nicer sides of the Countrys ! Showing the Poor rough sides wouldnt be a good TV program would it ? So they arrive and get let down .

It does appear from my short time on the forum that USA and Australia seems to create the most upset miserable returnees , and i think this may be due to vastness of the countrys and distance , friend family visits cost a lot .. fewer visits makes home sickness a major issue on top of the struggling.!

In Spain it appears the main reason is MONEY those with enough love it .. Only those without money or health problems return .But never seem Angry about the country seem to know its there own problem.
I couldn't disagree more I'm afraid. 'Cloud Cuckoo Land' springs to mind.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

I couldn't disagree more I'm afraid. 'Cloud Cuckoo Land' springs to mind.
I was just thinking that myself . I love now it alls
Old Feb 19th 2007, 4:24 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by blowfly
I was just thinking that myself . I love now it alls
Do you? Mad
Old Feb 19th 2007, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Do you? Mad
HA! HA! I love the cow.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

MandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really niceMandyB is just really nice

Everyone seems to be harping on about Australia, but wot about New Zealand. I live in Christchurch and am considering (very strongly) leaving, hopefully to Australia, though i have to go through the whole immigration crap again, or back to blighty. Anybody else in my situation.

Love the country, can't survive on the wages - got Melbourne in mind.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of

The current stats for Prosaic Land (NZ) are that 8 out of 10 families either return to the UK or try another country within 2 years of arriving. So I guess that its 80% for the Land of the Long White Form!

Burt

Last edited by Burt Badger; Feb 23rd 2007 at 12:09 pm.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 12:05 pm
Banned

denver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
Im trying to stay very positive here, but I am sure Perth is the dead end of the world and no matter how many new houses etc they build here the infrastructure is always gonna be the same!!! the WA Goverment will not allow Perth to expand IMO, its a crap deal, Dont come to Perth, you die before you get old!!!!

Hubbie says maybe we go to Brisbane maybe we just go back to UK f....MEN!!!!
I love the saying only boring people get bored. If you get bored in Perth there is something.... well, you get my drift.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.