Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

How many go back to England?

How many go back to England?

Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Beryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many go back to England?

Originally Posted by paulrachel
No i don't know the answer, but after speaking to a removal company, they say they have never been so busy with returning furniture back to UK from Perth..(not sure about East).
It must be the house prices.
Or the boredom!!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:10 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beryl the Peril
Or the boredom!!
Oh yes, the boredom. I think we'd all have more fun watching cricket...all day...every day...forever more...until the end of time.Zzzzzzzzzzzz
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:12 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Oh yes, the boredom. I think we'd all have more fun watching cricket...all day...every day...forever more...until the end of time.Zzzzzzzzzzzz
Hey, now't wrong with cricket, especially the cute cricketers

Last edited by St.Georges Girl; Feb 14th 2007 at 8:14 am.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Beryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
It seems most of the ones that go back to the Uk are from Perth rather then the eastern states.
Why do you think that is?
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:02 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by m100
Does anyone know how many people return from Oz after emigrating?
In percentage terms no where near as many as some believe...

Arrivals 2005-2006

Departures 2005-2006

There is also another table somewhere, that I can't be arsed to find at this time of night, that shows departures by length of stay... This shows that length of stay is no indication of permanency with a very significant percentage leaving after 20+ years...
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:30 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
He's not cute....he's old and ugly
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:54 am
Account Closed

Nope, cricketers just don't do it for me I'm afraid. Something to do with them standing around all day waiting for something to happen and one bloke rubbing a ball up and down his nether regions just isn't a big turn on in my book

Now, if we were talking rugby....that's a different matter all together..that's a mans game for you. Phwoah..all those huge thighs and dirty knees mmmmmm
Old Feb 14th 2007, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute

In percentage terms no where near as many as some believe...
That's very interesting. I presume those emigrating comprise the first column only ("settler").

Settler (UK, 2005/06)

In 23,290 / Out 5,353

Ratio c.80/20

I suppose there has been an increase going out in recent years which may skew things a bit. Also do those leaving have to actually register their departure in any way, or might folks just pack and leave under the statistical radar? I wonder how they derive that figure.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 7:44 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Iain Mc
That's very interesting. I presume those emigrating comprise the first column only ("settler").

Settler (UK, 2005/06)

In 23,290 / Out 5,353

Ratio c.80/20

I suppose there has been an increase going out in recent years which may skew things a bit. Also do those leaving have to actually register their departure in any way, or might folks just pack and leave under the statistical radar? I wonder how they derive that figure.
The real statistic to look at for returnees though should be the ratio between British born residents and British born returnees... Then the ratio plummets... There are well over 1 million British born here and if only 5 thousand or so are returning each year that's pretty low...

3412.0 - Migration, Australia, 2004-05
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:12 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by m100
Does anyone know how many people return from Oz after emigrating?
Don't know, but here's an interesting link to The Age concerning numbers leaving:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Nation...919330763.html
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:20 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
He's not cute....he's old and ugly
He's 36, that's not old! He has the most beautiful blue eyes and I think he is hunk. Even better close up and personal.

Oops, did I say personal, meant in person.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:31 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

He's 36, that's not old! He has the most beautiful blue eyes and I think he is hunk. Even better close up and personal.

I will agree with you but this is the girl that drools after Gordon Ramsey so some would argue my taste is suspect.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernbird
I will agree with you but this is the girl that drools after Gordon Ramsey so some would argue my taste is suspect.

Mmm very suspect. Drool over the food, not the chef!!
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Does worry me how come its all us stuck over here in Perth, whatabout the Eastern States, you really dont see too many posters moaning about going back do you?? (Well I dont see many of them)... God it Must be this place!!! surely the whole of Australia cant be like this (Im trying to be positive Girls )

Looking forward to tomorrow
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:47 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Bad luck he can't play cricket,as too the rest of the English team.

Last edited by Lord Pom Percy; Feb 15th 2007 at 5:49 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.