Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

How many go back to England?

How many go back to England?

Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

m100 has a spectacular aura aboutm100 has a spectacular aura aboutm100 has a spectacular aura about
Default How many go back to England?

Does anyone know how many people return from Oz after emigrating?
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How many go back to England?

Originally Posted by m100
Loads
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

And many also return again. Hence the term ping pongers. Maybe ask you local international removers how many go back and then return. May give you more of an accurate idea.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Kent quoted they were Shipping around 85 back to the UK in December from Perth.

How many come back is anyones guess
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

It would be interesting to see how many do actually return after a short while and how much it ends up costing them with the ping ponging...

Originally Posted by sandrainaus
Kent quoted they were Shipping around 85 back to the UK in December from Perth.

How many come back is anyones guess
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:46 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

It seems most of the ones that go back to the Uk are from Perth rather then the eastern states.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:31 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Don't recall where the statistics came from, but 25% last less than a year. Of all UK immigrants, I think the figure's about 45% who return eventually (even after 20+ years).
Old Feb 13th 2007, 10:57 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to see that broken down by demographics.
It seem to be people who move out with kids who seem to get home sick.

Originally Posted by Hutch
Don't recall where the statistics came from, but 25% last less than a year. Of all UK immigrants, I think the figure's about 45% who return eventually (even after 20+ years).
Old Feb 13th 2007, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

THEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by themerlin
I would love to see that broken down by demographics.
It seem to be people who move out with kids who seem to get home sick.
Or the kids themselves.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by m100
No i don't know the answer, but after speaking to a removal company, they say they have never been so busy with returning furniture back to UK from Perth..(not sure about East).
It must be the house prices.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 2:21 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in the 'world's most liveable city'.. and are moving to the UK at the end of March.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 7:18 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
We are in the 'world's most liveable city'.. and are moving to the UK at the end of March.
We've just moved from the "world's most liveable city" and are now back home

Good luck with the move - it feels great to be back
Old Feb 14th 2007, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute

I think Hutch has it about right; I also seem to recall over the long term (i.e. during the rest of their lives) roughly half stay, half return.

I could be talking rubbish but I'm sure this was bourne out recently by figures on migration for last year (?) which seemed to indicate UK nationals returning to these shores running at about 50% of the outbound figure.

There's probably a website with all that stuff on it somewhere!

Cheers, Iain

Last edited by Iain Mc; Feb 14th 2007 at 7:42 am.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 7:56 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LouiseD
We've just moved from the "world's most liveable city" and are now back home

Good luck with the move - it feels great to be back
Louise!!!! You're home!!! We require an official, from the horses mouth, no holds barred update please!

Or am i being thick and you've already done one and I either missed it or was too daft to notice it?!!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:02 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Louise!!!! You're home!!! We require an official, from the horses mouth, no holds barred update please!

Or am i being thick and you've already done one and I either missed it or was too daft to notice it?!!
Hello Louise. Glad you got home safe and sound. So as Tracey said, tell all please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.