How Many?

Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nice
Default How Many?

How many expats get Aus citizenship & Aus passport before going back to UK to stay & actually use the Aus Passports ever again? I know many go back before gaining citizenship and many within the first year, but would be interested to know how many go back to UK for a few years or so & actually ping pong back after that.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 1:10 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How Many?

We're having our labotomy's on Monday evening! Full ceremony...brain out...pie in...sorted!!

Don't ask me if I'll be a ping ponger. I haven't pinged yet, let alone ponged
Old Feb 24th 2007, 8:05 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
We're having our labotomy's on Monday evening! Full ceremony...brain out...pie in...sorted!!

I've pinged but not ponged yet (not in that sense at least). Ill let you know if and when I do
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nice

How long did it take from applying to get your interview then to getting the ceremony?

Last edited by lil_ol_wine_drinker_me; Feb 24th 2007 at 9:47 pm. Reason: spelling correction
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LouiseD
I've pinged but not ponged yet (not in that sense at least). Ill let you know if and when I do
Thanks for that, am trying to figure out if it is worth getting the citizenship for most people or if that passport just lies in a drawer doing nothing for the rest of time. By looking on the site it seems most folk come back within the time allowed on their visa's. Looks like if you ping pong you go back within a few years or dont go back at all.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lil_ol_wine_drinker_me
How long did it take from applying to get your interview then to getting the ceremony?
We went for the interview about 6 months ago and the ceremony is tomorrow!! Our neighbours have applied for the interview last week...they have to wait until July to go to that, then they will have to wait months for the ceremony. Talk about Wait Awhile W.A!!!!!
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Woah woman. Please don't tell me you're even considering ponging back over this way
Old Feb 25th 2007, 1:43 am
Banned

denver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to behold

We went for the interview about 6 months ago and the ceremony is tomorrow!! Our neighbours have applied for the interview last week...they have to wait until July to go to that, then they will have to wait months for the ceremony. Talk about Wait Awhile W.A!!!!!
What a pity. All these people out there who would like the opportunity to move to Australia and we are giving out citizenship to people who hate the place!
Old Feb 25th 2007, 3:21 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by denver
What a pity. All these people out there who would like the opportunity to move to Australia and we are giving out citizenship to people who hate the place!

its called keeping your options open

none of us came out here intending to be unhappy

why shouldnt she get citizenship? i say good on her! she paid enough throughout the whole of the visa process to have the choice and she should get the ceremony for putting up with being unhappy for so long

who knows what the future holds
Old Feb 25th 2007, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Not everyone leaving Australia hates the place, many go back to the UK for other reasons - family being a major issue.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 7:07 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

What's with this 'we'? It costs a heck of alot of money to get a resident visa for Australia, then migrants contribute to the economy by purchasing property, land, cars, furniture, white goods etc.etc., plus we pay our taxes like anyone else. Applying for citizenship isn't free either. When we got ours, it cost in excess of $300 and that was quite afew years ago now, so we pay for the privilege of that too, all money which goes into the Australian economy. So what's your grudge?
Old Feb 25th 2007, 10:24 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
What's with this 'we'? It costs a heck of alot of money to get a resident visa for Australia, then migrants contribute to the economy by purchasing property, land, cars, furniture, white goods etc.etc., plus we pay our taxes like anyone else. Applying for citizenship isn't free either. When we got ours, it cost in excess of $300 and that was quite afew years ago now, so we pay for the privilege of that too, all money which goes into the Australian economy. So what's your grudge?
So true SGG - it's cost us around 40,000 quid for one year in Oz. That's not counting the taxes we've paid while there. Bloody cheek of these people to think that they are "giving" out anything.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
You are so right! Mr Howard sure knows what he is doing. No wonder they have so many emigrate to Australia fairs and stupid BBC programmes about oz.After all hes not paying out is he?He can hardly be accused of helping the youth of Australia either, after all why bother when he can get money for nothing and the skills from migrants.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of

We got our citizenship a week ago after initial ceremony in October. We are intending to go back to the UK in September. We do not intend to come back to Australia within the timeframe of our initial visa because of the reasons that we wish to return to the UK and because of the continued disruption to our son (who has already lived in 6 houses in his little 3 years of life), but will reassess at the point at which our son would move from primary school to secondary school. Therefore getting citizenship before we left was essential to us to be able to make the return this year.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 8:44 pm
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by blowfly
You are so right! Mr Howard sure knows what he is doing. No wonder they have so many emigrate to Australia fairs and stupid BBC programmes about oz.After all hes not paying out is he?He can hardly be accused of helping the youth of Australia either, after all why bother when he can get money for nothing and the skills from migrants.

here here!!!

sorry too early in the morning for constructive comments need a coffee first

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.