Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

How long do you have to travel after getting visa?

How long do you have to travel after getting visa?

Old Jan 18th 2018, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

CAUSUK1996 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long do you have to travel after getting visa?

How long will I have to travel to the UK after I receive my settlement visa? I’m trying to figure out when to send my application . I’m hoping to move in June
Thanks in advance !
Old Jan 19th 2018, 12:23 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long do you have to travel after getting visa?

30 days from the date of your intended travel as you indicated on your application form or 30 days from the date of issue of your visa, whichever is later.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 12:56 am
Just Joined

CAUSUK1996 is an unknown quantity at this point

So if I have June 15th on the application, and I get the visa on April 10th.. I have 30 days from June 15th? I just want to be clear. Our immigration lawyer wasn't too clear!
Old Jan 19th 2018, 12:57 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAUSUK1996
So if I have June 15th on the application, and I get the visa on April 10th.. I have 30 days from June 15th? I just want to be clear. Our immigration lawyer wasn't too clear!
That's correct.