British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   how to fill up a c1 form? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/how-fill-up-c1-form-606909/)

tevel3 May 3rd 2009 4:43 pm

how to fill up a c1 form?

ok a week ago i received my registration certificate and now im pursuing after the british passport.
i started to fill up the c1 from that was taken from the embassy and im facing a little bit of a problem.
after section 2 i am being asked to continue to section 3, which asks whether i was born outside of the uk and whether i was born after 1983.

my question is, if i have received my registration certificate and filled the required details concerning the registration certificate, is there any need to fill section number 3 which ask me to fill and enclose any information and documentation regarding my parents?

since i have obtained my citizenship through out my mother, but still i have had to go through the registration process (and have not obtained it automatically upon birth), is there any need to fulfill section number 3,
or the registration certificate is enough to cover all the needed information for the producing of the british passport.

the reason i am asking that, is because i'm a bit worried to fill up this section since i am too afraid from the examiner in the embassy.
we have a long history and i'm too afraid to summit the application and to be turned away for a stupid reason such as filling up unneeded information or what ever.
she just hates me...

anyway i would appreciate any sort help :)

MataHari May 3rd 2009 4:48 pm

Re: how to fill up a c1 form?

think you posted this in the wrong forum...

tevel3 May 3rd 2009 4:51 pm

i wish i knew which forum was the right forum for this sorts of posts...
but sorry

tevel3 May 3rd 2009 6:46 pm

can someone remove my post to the proper forum?
tnx

Bob May 3rd 2009 6:54 pm

I've moved this to MBTUK as you might have more luck here, though this being a forum for Brit ex-pats, you might have more luck asking on another forum aimed at people trying to get a UK passport.

tevel3 May 3rd 2009 7:28 pm

cheers!

tevel3 May 4th 2009 10:20 am

some one?

Bermudashorts May 4th 2009 10:25 am

As Bob says, most of us on here are British. So we have never needed to fill in these kind of forms, that is why you are not getting much response.

As form filling in goes generally though, I would fill in any section of a form unless I had been specifically told to skip that section elsewhere in the form.

tevel3 May 4th 2009 10:41 am

this form is for british nationals outside of the uk who are applying for british passport.
i need to fill this kind of form, due of me being outside of the uk.
but yet, i need to provide sufficient information of my nationality, just like i would have suppose to provide in the uk.
only this form is a bit weird, shifts me from one section to another even though there is no need to fill it up
due to the fact that i hold a registration certificate.

here is the c1 form for reviewing if needed...
http://centralcontent.fco.gov.uk/res...890942/form-c1

as you can see, if i ticked 'yes', and i filled the requested details (in section 1b) it then directs me to section #2, even though there's no need.
either way im being asked to fill it up... (if i ticked 'no' im being direct to section #2) so whats the point?

i hope this might be a bit clearer

JAJ May 4th 2009 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by tevel3 (Post 7537724)
since i have obtained my citizenship through out my mother, but still i have had to go through the registration process (and have not obtained it automatically upon birth), is there any need to fulfill section number 3,
or the registration certificate is enough to cover all the needed information for the producing of the british passport.

Registration certificate is enough to prove you are British.

Mummy in the foothills May 4th 2009 2:52 pm

I filled out that for my now 20 year old. Born in US
I just kept following the arrows and answering the questions.
How are you stuck?
You still have to answer the questions, and enclose all evidence like Ds did.

tevel3 May 4th 2009 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 7540044)
I filled out that for my now 20 year old. Born in US
I just kept following the arrows and answering the questions.
How are you stuck?
You still have to answer the questions, and enclose all evidence like Ds did.

i know i need to follow the arrows but after answering the section regarding the registration it directs me anyway to the section about my parents
so it got confused that im being directed to that section anyway

Mummy in the foothills May 4th 2009 8:16 pm

OK I re read it and we did fill out sec 2 for my sons passport then answered no for sec 3. even though he had his birth registered and has a consular birth certificate and were including his childhood passport.
Does that answer anything?

Sec 2 asks if you were born outside UK or after 82.
sec 3 asks if you are a woman claiming nationality through your husband

tevel3 May 4th 2009 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 7540733)
OK I re read it and we did fill out sec 2 for my sons passport then answered no for sec 3. even though he had his birth registered and has a consular birth certificate and were including his childhood passport.
Does that answer anything?

Sec 2 asks if you were born outside UK or after 82.
sec 3 asks if you are a woman claiming nationality through your husband

so the bottom line is - i do need to fill out sec 2 even though i stated the registration certificate details in sec 1b...

Mummy in the foothills May 4th 2009 9:59 pm

I will say Yes. His passport came no problem so go for it :thumbup:
I remember having to get out mine and Dh's passports to put the numbers on for him