Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

is this how the dream was always going to end?

Wikiposts

is this how the dream was always going to end?

Old Apr 27th 2008, 2:07 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is this how the dream was always going to end?

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
I know matey and I'm sure C will cope, but the death of your father is a huge loss to bear, believe me I know.
my last post may have come over wrong. what i meant to say is gedge is a strong guy. like a lot of us he has had to deal with a lot of things over here. not being surrounded by family at times like this can be hell.
if he can use the strength he found before, he will cope a little better
Old Apr 27th 2008, 2:11 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
my last post may have come over wrong. what i meant to say is gedge is a strong guy. like a lot of us he has had to deal with a lot of things over here. not being surrounded by family at times like this can be hell.
if he can use the strength he found before, he will cope a little better
I knew what you meant Soapy.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 3:52 am

gedge has disabled reputation

"The only certainty is that nothing is certain."

My father passed away last April, I had to go leaving my family.
Two weeks later we were reunited back in the UK. It wasn't the end I had dreamt.

We set about the 'next chapter'... new job, house, friends. We tried but it was clear from early on that it wasn't right, wasn't us. Tomorrow I finish the job, we leave the house and we say goodbye to the few friends. In 2 weeks time we'll be looking for some of what we left in Australia and some new things too. A bright future.

Oh and for my mum. Yesterday she won the court case that her and dad started two years ago. It's not a resounding victory as I'm certain it played a major part in my father's passing, but you have to look for the silver lining. She too can find the light.

Thank you to all the people who wrote, and your considerable support along the way.
I remain deeply grateful.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:44 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

so what your really saying is.....
one day i might get that beer you owe me
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:07 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by soapy
so what your really saying is.....
one day i might get that beer you owe me
you most certainly might
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:11 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge

Two weeks later we were reunited back in the UK. It wasn't the end I had dreamt.

We set about the 'next chapter'... new job, house, friends. We tried but it was clear from early on that it wasn't right, wasn't us. Tomorrow I finish the job, we leave the house and we say goodbye to the few friends. In 2 weeks time we'll be looking for some of what we left in Australia and some new things too. A bright future.

Oh and for my mum. Yesterday she won the court case that her and dad started two years ago. It's not a resounding victory as I'm certain it played a major part in my father's passing, but you have to look for the silver lining. She too can find the light.

Thank you to all the people who wrote, and your considerable support along the way.
It goes without saying C that my thoughts and lots of love goes with you on the next part of your journey. If you are ever in Perth you know where I am xxx
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait to post the 'welcome home' message C.
S xx
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Australia looks forward to welcoming you home
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:50 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

When you get here C, stay will you? Ping Pong and Ping Pong and possibly (can't remember) another Ping Pong again is quite enough for anyone Hope the trip back goes well and you find the right life for you all here.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:33 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Life is one big journey...good luck with your next movex
Old Jan 24th 2009, 11:39 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

It's been a long hard journey.

Safe journey home C and I know your future will be bright xxx
Old Jan 24th 2009, 11:47 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Gedge,

I missed this post completely. I'm sorry you went through all that you did.
You are coming just as I am leaving.Was it something I said?? ;o)

We leave in 8 days. I am quite sad at this time. Perhaps it's to be expected.
All the best gedge.
P.S. Bring back the bear.

*pearly* x