How did you meet?

Old May 3rd 2005, 1:29 pm
Mrs. Yank

Petra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to all
Question O/T How did you meet?

My hubby and I met on the internet, and I cannot even imagine that there are people that do not check their email at least four times every hour *lol* I simply assumed that the majority of the posters here are internet couples too, but just now, in another thread, I found out that in fact, there ARE people that don't even HAVE email. So, my question is... would you share with me how you met your... (have to be careful now *lol*) "significant other"?

Let me start...

The company I was working for had a PC Project going on, so I could buy a nice computer basically tax free. A co-worker introduced me to ICQ and in the process of getting familiar with the program, noticed this nice note, inviting me to start a chat. This person never replied, but I never took him off my list.
One rainy Saturday morning he caught up with me (we had no idea the reason why we kept missing each other was because of the 6 hours of time difference) and we had a fierce debate, all subjects (politics, religion, sex, and money) Dutch etiquette discourages you to discuss with 'strangers'.
Needless to say, we are still talking *S*

Last edited by Petra; May 3rd 2005 at 2:38 pm.
Old May 3rd 2005, 3:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: O/T How did you meet?

Hi Petra,

This topic comes up every so often on this forum. Thanks for sharing your story.

We are one of those few couples who did *not* meet on the internet, and my hubby has never used a computer!

I was on vacation in Turkey in 1997 when I first met my hubby-to-be. We only spoke a few times, had dinner with a group of friends, I came back to the USA, and we didn't speak for the next 4 years. In 2001, I took my sis to Turkey for another vacation. I looked Sadegh up, and it took a little detective work, but I found him!!! We spent a week "dating", decided we wanted to be serious, and spent the next 2 years on the phone, getting to know each other better. In 2003, I went to see him for 3 weeks, we got engaged, and I came back and started the K-1 process. In 2004, I went back one more time for his visa interview, he got the visa, and we came back to the USA together! Now, in 2005, we just celebrated 1 year of marriage and just got the notice for his AOS interview date!

We love to think back on how we met....it was pretty unusual

Rene & Sadegh
Old May 3rd 2005, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Chris and I didnt meet on the internet either

I was in the US on business with my record label, checking out a band. Turns out Chris's band was playing that night too, and I ended up signing them. That's how we met. Obviously we had to keep in touch. I know, I know, mixing business and pleasure isn't a good thing. But it worked out in this case . Anyway, I came back down just to take care of a few things with some bands, and visit everyone. And well, I ended up staying - he proposed, we got married, you all know the story from there. Yay.
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:02 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

We met on holiday in Mexico, through a friend, a holiday I booked last minute for 1 reason or another. The now missus won her holiday! We spoke many times everyday since then and the rest, is all in here.

alan
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:31 pm
Queenie

Default Re: How did you meet?

My husband & I met on the net too :) 6 years ago i registered to a
community and this guy upon learning what country i came from started
talking to me misuderstanding my post. He thought i need help in
uploading picture so he keeps sending me email how to do it and stuff.
Dont want to embarrased him so i just go with the flow. He told me
about having a gf from my country and the problem they were having at
that time. Their story really interest me and i found myself chatting
with him everyday & soon falling for him. His next visit to her gf,
they came to my work place to see me. The girl felt threatened on the
way we act and sense something was going on, she told him to never talk
to me again and he abided but i insist we should still be friends. He
told me i should come to the US and see if i'll find a better
opportunities for myself so i did, we spend so much time with each
other. One day he told me its time to visit her gf again and i didnt
stop him..........i think of him 24 hrs a day while he's gone :) he's
supposed to be gone 21 days but 2 days after he left i found him
waiting by the door when i came home from work. Im very surprised! He
said he need to see her the last time just to make sure that he doesnt
love her anymore, while with her he keeps thinking about me & that i
stole his heart from her. He asked me to marry him that day and i said
"yes" :)

We are now happily married with a 2 year old son.

Old May 3rd 2005, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

Sphearalin is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't meet my husband on the Internet.

I used to work for a staffing firm in NL, I accepted a IT project which sent me to NYC for 8 weeks.
A phone call got misdirected and I ended up talking to this person.
My accent intrigued him, we started to talk on the phone the next couple days and a week later we met for lunch.
After that we had lunch every other day.
I went back to NL and we started to use E-mail, AOL IM and the phone.
Went back to NY a couple times, visiting friends and of course to meet up with Ed.

We met almost 6 years ago and we got married 10/13/2004.
Old May 3rd 2005, 6:47 pm
Tara

I met my husband while working with deprived children in a poblacion
outside of Santiago, Chile 2 years ago. I took a trip with my
university, and we met because we were monitors of the same age group
of children. We became friends fast and talked after I returned home
to the US. The next year I came again to work with the same group of
kids with my university, and we spent so much time together exploring
the city and the mountains. We fell in love dancing salsa in a small
pub. But, alas, I had to return to the US to finish college, but I
promised him that I would come back to visit after I graduated (which
was 8 months later). I graduated college, talked to him on MSN a total
of 10,000 hours and bought 100 phonecards, worked for 4 months to save
enough money and came back to chile for a "visit" like I promised him.
Well, that was a year ago, and I am still "visiting" Chile :) We got
married and now are waiting until he graduates to come to the US
together in December hopefully. We are a young couple adn have many
obstacles, but I have faith that we will get the visa :) I miss home,
but I love my husband enough to wait for him here in Chile so that we
can travel to the US together...