Wikiposts

Housing market active...

Old May 31st 2013, 8:57 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Housing market active...

Originally Posted by notonuksoil
We are in lower Westchester and its getting a little crazy here again now, we have finally had an offer accepted on a house after seeing 4 slip away from us in the past month with offers we were unable to compete with. Our competition is families moving to the burbs from the city with pre K children to get to a decent school district. We went to one open house and there were about 9 couples all with toddlers looking to move out of Manhattan.
Congratulations on getting an offer accepted, I hope it goes smoothly from now to closing for you.

We were living in Valhalla and mostly looked around White Plains and north from there. The houses and neighborhoods to the south were mostly either out of our price range, or run down and in needs of renovation.

But it was the $10k pa property taxes that freaked me out. With the benefit of hindsight I was bring s¢rewed by my employer though even a 50% pay rise would not have changed much. I doubt I'll ever come back to NY, but I certainly wouldn't unless I was offered three times minimum what I am currently being paid, and even that would mean some quality of life sacrifices.

Last edited by Pulaski; May 31st 2013 at 9:01 am.