Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

The house sale... I think this is good news so far

The house sale... I think this is good news so far

Old Sep 10th 2007, 5:42 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The house sale... I think this is good news so far

Originally Posted by explorerman
Good luck Maz

You are having a much better time than we are. We have had our house on the market since early April and apart from a few early looks we have had no interest at all. No one has even been in to see the house in nearly 4 months. Our new home will be finished in a couple of months but we are not optimistic that we will be able to sell the old one
Sometimes it just really sucks living in Florida.

Roy
You need to bury St. Joseph! It's done all the time in St. Louis. I dunno if it'll work if you're not Catholic though. Might be worth trying anyway.

Here's a link to some kits. http://www.catholicsupply.com/christmas/stjoe.html
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

explorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
You need to bury St. Joseph! It's done all the time in St. Louis. I dunno if it'll work if you're not Catholic though. Might be worth trying anyway.

Here's a link to some kits. http://www.catholicsupply.com/christmas/stjoe.html
Already done
He's been in the ground since the end of April. We just dug him up yesterday and moved him to another spot, hopefully that will work better.

Roy
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:11 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Already done
He's been in the ground since the end of April. We just dug him up yesterday and moved him to another spot, hopefully that will work better.

Roy
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:15 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

A full-sized statue of Mary sitting in a bathtub on the front lawn seems to also do the trick.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:29 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

The neighbours house (exact same one but not in as good condition as ours) was valued at $235k. He sold for $200k because he was getting a divorce and his ex was pressuring him to sell. So our home should be valued somewhere around $245-250k and we currently have it listed at $214,900. We are going to wait until the 18th to see what the fed does and then we will probably lower the price again.
This is key

Your home's value is what someone will pay for it, if you have not had an offer at $215k the the place certainly should not be valued at 245-250, its value is what a ready willing and able buyer will pay.

For example, if the only offer you get in 6 months is $180k, guess what, thats what your place is worth...
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:40 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Already done

Roy

The big question is, have you got a cock in your kitchen (as in the cockadoodle doo get you up in the morning variety...).

A 'foreign' friend was struggling to sell her house, and I read somewhere that Americans love to have a cockerel in the kitchen, either a picture or a statue or whatever (a live one??) so I got her a crappy little plaster one about 5" tall from the dollar store and guess what - house sold to the next viewer!!! Any americans care to comment on whether they have a cock in the kitchen (I've checked all our local friends, and without expection, they do!!)
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:43 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
The big question is, have you got a cock in your kitchen (as in the cockadoodle doo get you up in the morning variety...).

A 'foreign' friend was struggling to sell her house, and I read somewhere that Americans love to have a cockerel in the kitchen, either a picture or a statue or whatever (a live one??) so I got her a crappy little plaster one about 5" tall from the dollar store and guess what - house sold to the next viewer!!! Any americans care to comment on whether they have a cock in the kitchen (I've checked all our local friends, and without expection, they do!!)
This thread is about to go downhill.....lol...
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:47 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Down is bad.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:47 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Can't think why? I am merely on a fact gathering mission to make my assimilation into my new 'home' smoother and more complete by genning up on local customs and practises....as should any good little expat ....
Old Sep 10th 2007, 7:14 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by Ray
I will not assist...

My Mom has a giant ceramic rooster on the top of her fridge and My good friends have a smaller one on theirs. Maybe I should get one? I never thought about it before, but it is kind of odd.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 7:20 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Can't imagine why!

No cocks (ceramic) in my kitchen, but I have taken to putting Lindt truffles out for people coming to see the house.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:02 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

there you go now you know what your missing! a big ceramic cockral, that will really start off the bidding war ,
by the way any news yet Maz or are you still waiting?
Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad

Hell, I'll confess my ignorance. What the hell is a cockerel? And don't tell me it is below the waistline of my hubby.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Hell, I'll confess my ignorance. What the hell is a cockerel? And don't tell me it is below the waistline of my hubby.
Rooster.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:58 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
This is key

Your home's value is what someone will pay for it, if you have not had an offer at $215k the the place certainly should not be valued at 245-250, its value is what a ready willing and able buyer will pay.

For example, if the only offer you get in 6 months is $180k, guess what, thats what your place is worth...
A friend of mine is house hunting and started a couple of months ago. He's put in a couple of low offers which have been rejected - he told them to call him in 6 months when they were ready to accept what it's worth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.