Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

The house sale... I think this is good news so far

The house sale... I think this is good news so far

Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:35 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Smile The house sale... I think this is good news so far

On Thursday, 2 days ago, we had a viewing from 11 am to 12 noon. At 12.05 daughter and I drove by, and were pretty surprised to see the agent's and client's cars still there!

The agent called me today asking for a second viewing, this time tomorrow at 6.30 pm, and asked if they could have an idea of monthly utility bills, so I e-mailed the agent the January and July bills so they could see what the extremes usually are, together with the temps we tend to keep the house at, and the KwH and therms used.

She (the agent) said her clients absolutely love the house and are very seriously considering making an offer! Woo hoo!!! Fingers crossed! Especially as next week we were thinking of dropping the price. She also said they got there just after 11 on Thursday, so they were there for an hour. Am stunned... but extremely pleased!

Anyway, just thought I'd bore you all with an update. Karma to anyone who read this far.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:43 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The house sale... I think this is good news so far

Originally Posted by Maz
On Thursday, 2 days ago, we had a viewing from 11 am to 12 noon. At 12.05 daughter and I drove by, and were pretty surprised to see the agent's and client's cars still there!

The agent called me today asking for a second viewing, this time tomorrow at 6.30 pm, and asked if they could have an idea of monthly utility bills, so I e-mailed the agent the January and July bills so they could see what the extremes usually are, together with the temps we tend to keep the house at, and the KwH and therms used.

She (the agent) said her clients absolutely love the house and are very seriously considering making an offer! Woo hoo!!! Fingers crossed! Especially as next week we were thinking of dropping the price. She also said they got there just after 11 on Thursday, so they were there for an hour. Am stunned... but extremely pleased!

Anyway, just thought I'd bore you all with an update. Karma to anyone who read this far.
hey maz well i said i'd still be keeping my fingers crossed, let's hope you get a contract on the house tomorrow, keep us posted
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:43 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz

You owe me ...
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:48 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks TruBrit!

You both have new karma now. And Ray, at least you'll be able to decipher mine.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 1:28 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

my fingers and toes are crossed for you Maz, you'll definately be signing a contract in the next few weeks...
Old Sep 9th 2007, 1:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Wow that is good news Maz...seems to be all falling into place for you.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 4:18 am
Maz

Karma for you two, too, thank you very much!

Well after I wrote the post above, I got a call from another agent, very eagerly asking to see the house tomorrow lunchtime. She said she cannot wait to show the house as it looks so lovely online. I told her, in all honesty, that if we could, we would dismantle it and take it with us. I really will miss this house!

Anyway, her clients saw it online and are very eager to view and spend a good amount of time here, and if they like it enough, make an offer iwthin a day or two.

Bring on the bidding war!!!!!!
Old Sep 9th 2007, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds very promising, good luck.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

explorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to all

Good luck Maz

You are having a much better time than we are. We have had our house on the market since early April and apart from a few early looks we have had no interest at all. No one has even been in to see the house in nearly 4 months. Our new home will be finished in a couple of months but we are not optimistic that we will be able to sell the old one
Sometimes it just really sucks living in Florida.

Roy
Old Sep 10th 2007, 1:10 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Holding thumbs dearie
Old Sep 10th 2007, 2:45 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

we were in columbus looking at property last week. we saw over 30 properties in 2 days and then went back to see our top choices again a day or two later. spent a lot of time (over an hour each ) seeing them all again - but could only chose one. trying to tie up an offer to them this week.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 2:50 pm
Maz

Originally Posted by nethead
Sounds very promising, good luck.
Thanks Annette!

Originally Posted by explorerman
Good luck Maz

You are having a much better time than we are. We have had our house on the market since early April and apart from a few early looks we have had no interest at all. No one has even been in to see the house in nearly 4 months. Our new home will be finished in a couple of months but we are not optimistic that we will be able to sell the old one
Sometimes it just really sucks living in Florida.

Roy
Wow! Have you dropped the price at all? Our next-door neighbours (very similar house) priced at 275, and have stopped after dropping to 260, and say they point-blank refuse to drop anymore. We're priced 20K less than them.

That is a huge long time to not have any viewings! I hope that changes in the very near future for you so you can enjoy your new home without this hanging over your heads.

Originally Posted by Redlippie
Holding thumbs dearie
Thank you luvvie!

Well... yesterday's 12.30 viewing were still there at 2 pm! And they're coming back at 4 pm today. They adore the house and are just about ready to make an offer. They wanted to know which of our lights we'd be leaving (we have a lot of Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired lighting, lots of stained glass). They also want to move very quickly and are pre-approved. Fingers crossed for an end-of-September close!
Old Sep 10th 2007, 2:51 pm
Maz

Originally Posted by MsElui
we were in columbus looking at property last week. we saw over 30 properties in 2 days and then went back to see our top choices again a day or two later. spent a lot of time (over an hour each ) seeing them all again - but could only chose one. trying to tie up an offer to them this week.
Holy cow! Did you take notes as you went along? That's one helluva lot of houses to see in such a short time! Best of luck with your impending purchase!
Old Sep 10th 2007, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

explorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to allexplorerman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Maz
Wow! Have you dropped the price at all? Our next-door neighbours (very similar house) priced at 275, and have stopped after dropping to 260, and say they point-blank refuse to drop anymore. We're priced 20K less than them.

That is a huge long time to not have any viewings! I hope that changes in the very near future for you so you can enjoy your new home without this hanging over your heads.
Yes, we have dropped the price twice now. We initially priced the house about $20k below what we wanted anyway on the advice of our estate agent. Our house is a cheaper home anyway. The neighbours house (exact same one but not in as good condition as ours) was valued at $235k. He sold for $200k because he was getting a divorce and his ex was pressuring him to sell. So our home should be valued somewhere around $245-250k and we currently have it listed at $214,900. We are going to wait until the 18th to see what the fed does and then we will probably lower the price again.

As for the new house, the mortgage is contingent on selling the old house. So no sale on the old house means no new house and loss of deposit. We don't close on the new house until Dec 1st and the builder has hinted that they may be willing to push that back another month.

We are not in panic mode yet but we are getting quite concerned.

Roy
Old Sep 10th 2007, 5:19 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Holy cow! Did you take notes as you went along? That's one helluva lot of houses to see in such a short time! Best of luck with your impending purchase!
yes - although it got got hard to be original after the first 15 or so. theres only so mant times you can say huge basement lol! you ended up saying stuff like - the one with the awful curtains or the purple bathroom to distinguish them. made it very hard for the similar places to stand out as you could remember one part of the house but have no idea about the rest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.