Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

House is on the market and I've stopped work!

House is on the market and I've stopped work!

Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:42 pm
long live thefinest range

Location: Higham Ferrers, Northants to Spokane Washington and back again!!
Hayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond repute
Default House is on the market and I've stopped work!

Haven't been on here much- we had a stager come and rearrange our house, It just went on the market.
Also it is my last day at work today, so won't be on the forums much from this point on... it's really happening!

Feel bittersweet- happy and scared which I suppose is normal. Our house is priced as high as we dare so not moving back just yet- prob about 3-4 months to sell is what we figure.
In the meantime get to be at home with my son- no more daycare- yippee!!

I'm one step closer to the chavs!!!!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:46 pm
Living the nightmare

Dizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to all
Default Re: House is on the market and I've stopped work!

Originally Posted by Hayley
Haven't been on here much- we had a stager come and rearrange our house, It just went on the market.
Also it is my last day at work today, so won't be on the forums much from this point on... it's really happening!

Feel bittersweet- happy and scared which I suppose is normal. Our house is priced as high as we dare so not moving back just yet- prob about 3-4 months to sell is what we figure.
In the meantime get to be at home with my son- no more daycare- yippee!!

I'm one step closer to the chavs!!!!
Well done you, please keep us updated on the house selling as we'd like to have an idea of how long they take to sell. We've got a 5 bed and will be putting it on the market in about 18 months (or sooner).
Enjoy your time off with the little un and don't get too daunted, you've done it before and you can do it again. Good luck.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:49 pm

Hayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dizzillusioned
Well done you, please keep us updated on the house selling as we'd like to have an idea of how long they take to sell. We've got a 5 bed and will be putting it on the market in about 18 months (or sooner).
Enjoy your time off with the little un and don't get too daunted, you've done it before and you can do it again. Good luck.
Cheers for that! Our house is also 5 bed- I thought it was 4 because of the 5 bed being non egress but we have a great realtor who is being really creative!

I am excited- it's the weirdest feeling- good luck when you get here!!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:55 pm
Living the nightmare

Dizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to all

Cheers for that! Our house is also 5 bed- I thought it was 4 because of the 5 bed being non egress but we have a great realtor who is being really creative!

I am excited- it's the weirdest feeling- good luck when you get here!!
Brilliant, we haven't even looked into realtor's yet, I have so many questions and hopefully you will answer them as time goes on. We need to do our homework on this one. You'll be back home before we start (fingers crossed/touch wood)
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

I wish you luck with your house sale. Our home has been on the market since November and we've only had 2 viewings

I'm not used to selling a home in Canada so I'm not really sure if that is the norm? Just feel frustrated because I want to get home....
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:26 pm
Living the nightmare

Originally Posted by fishfinger
I wish you luck with your house sale. Our home has been on the market since November and we've only had 2 viewings

I'm not used to selling a home in Canada so I'm not really sure if that is the norm? Just feel frustrated because I want to get home....
Hiya, is your house on the internet? the reason I'm asking is when we bought ours we looked at the "Other properties which sold in your area" and I think it gave a start and end date so gave us an idea of how long they took to sell.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

Hiya, is your house on the internet? the reason I'm asking is when we bought ours we looked at the "Other properties which sold in your area" and I think it gave a start and end date so gave us an idea of how long they took to sell.
It's listed on www.mls.ca but the one available to the public doesn't show how long the home has been listed for. The realtor mls shows that.

Don't know of any other advertising sites in Canada that it should be featured on, does anyone know?

We live in a village of around 700 homes and they are all different so the prices vary. They seem to have a selling spurt around March/April and through the summer then in Winter it stops so I'm hoping it will pick up. We signed up for 6 months with our agent which seems like a lifetime. I'm just very, very impatient.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 7:23 pm
Living the nightmare

It's listed on www.mls.ca but the one available to the public doesn't show how long the home has been listed for. The realtor mls shows that.

Don't know of any other advertising sites in Canada that it should be featured on, does anyone know?

We live in a village of around 700 homes and they are all different so the prices vary. They seem to have a selling spurt around March/April and through the summer then in Winter it stops so I'm hoping it will pick up. We signed up for 6 months with our agent which seems like a lifetime. I'm just very, very impatient.
Sorry, can't help you with the Canadian sites, thought somebody else would know - have you sold it yet?

There's a 5 bed house on the next street from us which went on the market at the end of December, it's sold I'm impressed.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:21 pm

We have given it a few months- sorry to hear about the time it's taking- we feel we are going to have a similar ride as we are listing as high as we dare
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

We have given it a few months- sorry to hear about the time it's taking- we feel we are going to have a similar ride as we are listing as high as we dare
We were told it could take a year!!!! Just heard today that DH's interview in London has gone well and they want him back at the end of Feb for round 3 so I really need to sell the house soon.

Perhaps we can stay in touch and see whose house sells first? We've just dropped the price $50K just to get some more viewings.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:16 pm

We were told it could take a year!!!! Just heard today that DH's interview in London has gone well and they want him back at the end of Feb for round 3 so I really need to sell the house soon.

Perhaps we can stay in touch and see whose house sells first? We've just dropped the price $50K just to get some more viewings.
wow! I think you might win then with a price drop like that!!

We also have a deadline with my latest due in august but I'm hoping it doesn't take a year- I'll go mad
Old Feb 10th 2007, 12:05 am
on my way home :)

leeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud of

We also have a deadline with my latest due in august but I'm hoping it doesn't take a year- I'll go mad
im going mad with selling mine put it up at the end of november had very little viewings despite dropping the price by 30k already come back home after an open home today and no one came beginning to think it is the real estate people because everyone elses house round here are selling quickly and not to blow my own trumpet my house is nicer than the others so dont really understand it
Old Feb 10th 2007, 4:02 am
Living the nightmare

Originally Posted by leeds lass
im going mad with selling mine put it up at the end of november had very little viewings despite dropping the price by 30k already come back home after an open home today and no one came beginning to think it is the real estate people because everyone elses house round here are selling quickly and not to blow my own trumpet my house is nicer than the others so dont really understand it
That's bad What would happen if you changed realtors? would you have to pay the first ones?
Old Feb 10th 2007, 10:15 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

When I sold my house in NY, I told the realtor that if she shifted it within 1 month she could have another percent on her commission.......

It worked. Just a thought...........
Old Feb 10th 2007, 5:45 pm
on my way home :)

leeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud of

That's bad What would happen if you changed realtors? would you have to pay the first ones?
Hi Dizzillusioned

There is no point in changing them as their contract is up in 2 weeks so I am going to start looking for another one this week. They have been terrible, you ring them they dont return your calls, they have hardly advertsied the house at all its like their not bothered, the thing is you would think they would be trying their hardest to sell it after all you will be paying them $20,000 for selling it but its like they are not intereted in it we did have another estage agent round on friday and he couldnt understand why they hadnt sold it, whether he was all talk or not trying to get us to sign up with him I dont know, but he said in this area and at the price we had it listed for it should have sold it by now with no problems.

The hard part is I am so desperate to get out of this crappy job I am doing when I am at work all week I look forward to the weekend when I have the open home in the hope that come the monday I can put my notice in and every Monday I go back to work miserable yet again

I just need to get out of here!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.