Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

House is on the market and I've stopped work!

House is on the market and I've stopped work!

Old Feb 10th 2007, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

watergirl73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: House is on the market and I've stopped work!

Timelines for selling a house in Canada vary on may reasons. Your realtor should be able to help you out with this. I had sold my home l ast year and it took one year to sell. I had open houses almost every weekend and many many viewings. In the end i dropped the price by 34k and it was sold. My neighbour who had the almost the same home as myself put his ont he market and sold it in one week. So you see it all depends on many things. If you ahve a good realtor they should be there for you every step of the way. I had a great realtor unfortunaltey maybe my price was too high and thats what took so long. I was in no rush mind you. All realtors are out to make money that is their goal so yes when one contract is up and you call another realtor of course they will be stunned it hasn't sold as they want your business and yes maybe they will sell it... who knows its all time... Hope this helps
Old Feb 12th 2007, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fishfinger
I wish you luck with your house sale. Our home has been on the market since November and we've only had 2 viewings

I'm not used to selling a home in Canada so I'm not really sure if that is the norm? Just feel frustrated because I want to get home....
Hi fishfinger,
I listen to the coast to coast am talk show regularly and I recalled some
listeners called in to talk about how they successfully used St. Joseph home
sale kits to sell homes that were difficult to sell . It could be a
voodoo science, just google search for St.Joseph home sale kits and see
what you think.Hope that helps and good luck with the sale of your house
Yoong
Old Feb 12th 2007, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

bettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hayley
Haven't been on here much- we had a stager come and rearrange our house, It just went on the market.
Also it is my last day at work today, so won't be on the forums much from this point on... it's really happening!

Feel bittersweet- happy and scared which I suppose is normal. Our house is priced as high as we dare so not moving back just yet- prob about 3-4 months to sell is what we figure.
In the meantime get to be at home with my son- no more daycare- yippee!!

I'm one step closer to the chavs!!!!
Ours went on the market saturday...I am in Tennessee USA though. I was really hopeful because my neighbours house sold in 34 days although I just found out this weekend that the reason was, they paid all the closing costs for the buyer AND they gave them their downpayment for their mortgage! I'm not doing that so we may have longer to wait! its ok though, we have 8 months, we arent leaving till October anyways. I want as much money as possible to take back with us!!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Yoong
Hi fishfinger,
I listen to the coast to coast am talk show regularly and I recalled some
listeners called in to talk about how they successfully used St. Joseph home
sale kits to sell homes that were difficult to sell . It could be a
voodoo science, just google search for St.Joseph home sale kits and see
what you think.Hope that helps and good luck with the sale of your house
Yoong
Interesting idea! Never heard of that before, thanks.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 10:59 pm
long live thefinest range

Location: Higham Ferrers, Northants to Spokane Washington and back again!!
Hayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bettyboop80
Ours went on the market saturday...I am in Tennessee USA though. I was really hopeful because my neighbours house sold in 34 days although I just found out this weekend that the reason was, they paid all the closing costs for the buyer AND they gave them their downpayment for their mortgage! I'm not doing that so we may have longer to wait! its ok though, we have 8 months, we arent leaving till October anyways. I want as much money as possible to take back with us!!
I'm with you- I want as much as poss. I haven't priced to sell just yet (though of course I do want to sell!!)

It's been stressful the last couple of days finishing at work. I had jobs in England over the summer at Uni that I felt worse about leaving.In fact one of my good friends in England is someone I worked with for just a year- here I have been in this job for 4 and I honestly am not really bothered about any of my colleagues- Is this normal??
Old Feb 12th 2007, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

THEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud of

I'm with you- I want as much as poss. I haven't priced to sell just yet (though of course I do want to sell!!)

It's been stressful the last couple of days finishing at work. I had jobs in England over the summer at Uni that I felt worse about leaving.In fact one of my good friends in England is someone I worked with for just a year- here I have been in this job for 4 and I honestly am not really bothered about any of my colleagues- Is this normal??
Probably. I've still got more friends in the UK who I haven't seen for a decade and a half than I have in the place I've been LIVING for a decade and a half!
Old Feb 13th 2007, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

bettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond repute

I think its just here its different, people dont really get as close at work. When I leave there is only 1 person i really will miss, and the job I had before this, i was there 3 years and also only miss 1 person!
PLus i think we are so excited about getting home that nothing here matters anymore! You are so lucky to be able to stop work now, I have to work till we leave in October and I cant tell anyone because i have heard of people here saying they were leaving in a few months and they made them go ahead and leave now!