Reload this Page >

Hoping to Leave Australia - Spouse Visa Finance Requirements

Hoping to Leave Australia - Spouse Visa Finance Requirements

Old Mar 19th 2018, 12:12 am
Just Joined

uktoausandback is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Hoping to Leave Australia - Spouse Visa Finance Requirements

Hi Everyone,

First time posting here, so good to be able to get others experiences and reviews! Theres so much to get our heads around and want to make sure we are clear on a few things:

I was UK born and have a UK passport, also dual Aus citizen, have been in Aus almost 12 years. My son (who is 1) was born in AUS and has his UK and Aus passports and husband is Aus born, with Aus passport, we were married in the UK 7 years ago .

We are looking to move to the UK sometime next year and thinking the Spouse Visa is the one we need to apply for.

We have a mortgage on our current home and upon selling that, look to make a good profit, enough to cover the 62,500GPB financial criteria, but i have a few questions regarding this, if anyone is knowledgeable:

1. With the 62,500, are you allowed to spend it (towards our new home) once you reach the UK or does it need to be held in an account for a certain amount of time for future visa requirements?

2. Is there a NEED for us to then earn the 18,600 wage between us per year once living there? We planned for me to be a stay at home Mum (eventually working minimally once kids are in school) and my husband is not looking for a highly skilled job, just enough to pay the bills and be comfortable).

3. Being that we need to sell our house to obtain the funds to apply for my husbands visa, are there any circumstances in which the visa could be refused? This in particular makes me really nervous as obviously selling our home is a big deal, and if for some reason the visa was refused and we were unable to go, we would prefer to stay/live in our current home.

4. What sort of timeline might we be looking at from applying, to visa being granted?

5. Once visa is granted, do you have a time limit that you then have to enter the UK on?

6. Anyone who has been in a similar situation, particularly from Australia, are you able to comment on how you worked out your timeline? Im struggling with figuring out how to go about selling the house, shipping our contents, applying for the visa, renting here until we can go etc deciding which of our belongings to ship, furniture etc is a task too!

7. I should probably double check, my son and I (both having UK passports - me born there) we are allowed to just get on the plane and move there, right?

8. In reverse, if things don't work out for us in the UK, we are able to all just return to Australia, without the need for Visas etc?

There's just SO much to think about.

Thank you for your help in advance
Old Mar 19th 2018, 12:28 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hoping to Leave Australia - Spouse Visa Finance Requirements

1. You can spend it as soon as your visa is granted but bear in mind that you will need to meet the financial requirements twice again at the 2.5 and 5 year marks.

2. If you can meet the financial requirements through cash savings of £62,500 then you do not need any further income. If decide to spend those savings then it's likely that you and your husband will need to meet the financial requirement for his FLR and ILR applications through a combined salaried income of £18,600.

3. No visa application is guaranteed to be successful however if your husband meets all the requirements then his visa will be granted.

4. https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/

5. 30 days from the entry date you specify on the application form or the date the visa is granted, whichever is later.

6. I'll let someone else answer that one.

7. Providing your British passports are valid, yes.

8. Providing you all have valid Australian passports, yes.
Old Mar 19th 2018, 12:37 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Please see responses below.

Originally Posted by uktoausandback
Hi Everyone,

First time posting here, so good to be able to get others experiences and reviews! Theres so much to get our heads around and want to make sure we are clear on a few things:

I was UK born and have a UK passport, also dual Aus citizen, have been in Aus almost 12 years. My son (who is 1) was born in AUS and has his UK and Aus passports and husband is Aus born, with Aus passport, we were married in the UK 7 years ago .

We are looking to move to the UK sometime next year and thinking the Spouse Visa is the one we need to apply for.
Yes, it's a spouse visa your husband will need

We have a mortgage on our current home and upon selling that, look to make a good profit, enough to cover the 62,500GPB financial criteria, but i have a few questions regarding this, if anyone is knowledgeable:

1. With the 62,500, are you allowed to spend it (towards our new home) once you reach the UK or does it need to be held in an account for a certain amount of time for future visa requirements?
Your husband will need to meet the financial requirements again when he applies for FLR 2.5 years after entering the UK, he can do this via any of the approved methods including cash savings, income etc. The risk you take if you spend the initial cash savings amount is that he must be able to meet the financial requirements another way. However, unlike this initial visa his income is counted for FLR (further leave to remain)

2. Is there a NEED for us to then earn the 18,600 wage between us per year once living there? We planned for me to be a stay at home Mum (eventually working minimally once kids are in school) and my husband is not looking for a highly skilled job, just enough to pay the bills and be comfortable).
See above - at the time your husband applies for FLR, to meet the financial requirement he/you/combination would need to be earning a minimum annual salary of £18,600 if you can't meet the requirements another way. I *think* he/you would need to be earning this salary for at least 6 months prior to his FLR application, but I'd check that

3. Being that we need to sell our house to obtain the funds to apply for my husbands visa, are there any circumstances in which the visa could be refused? This in particular makes me really nervous as obviously selling our home is a big deal, and if for some reason the visa was refused and we were unable to go, we would prefer to stay/live in our current home.
If he completes the application correctly, meets all the criteria and provides all the necessary evidence there shouldn't be a problem

4. What sort of timeline might we be looking at from applying, to visa being granted?
-

5. Once visa is granted, do you have a time limit that you then have to enter the UK on?
At the time he applies for his visa, he needs to nominate a date to enter the UK. This used to be no more than 3 months in advance of the application, but I have heard this has been extended to 6 months. When his visa is granted, he'll need to enter within 30 days of the date he nominated, or the date the visa is granted, whichever is the later

6. Anyone who has been in a similar situation, particularly from Australia, are you able to comment on how you worked out your timeline? Im struggling with figuring out how to go about selling the house, shipping our contents, applying for the visa, renting here until we can go etc deciding which of our belongings to ship, furniture etc is a task too!
It was difficult!

7. I should probably double check, my son and I (both having UK passports - me born there) we are allowed to just get on the plane and move there, right?
Yes, that's correct

8. In reverse, if things don't work out for us in the UK, we are able to all just return to Australia, without the need for Visas etc?
As you're all Australian citizens you can return at any time with no need for a visa.

There's just SO much to think about.

Thank you for your help in advance
Old Mar 19th 2018, 12:38 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

You're way too speedy for me BiP - while I was still typing, you were done and dusted!