Honeymommy update.

Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: California since 1997 now back in UK since July 2004
honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Honeymommy update.

Have been skulking, for a while enjoying the comings and goings of everyone. Thought it was about time I posted an update so others can see we can survive returning to the UK when we don't want to.

It will be 3 yrs back here on the 5th July. Time has flown by.

Well.... I am a nurse in the good old knackered NHS. Love hate relationship we have... Hey cheaper than US medical fees.. lol.

Hubby loves his job and is settled.

Kids....
Eldest just took his GCSE's... forcast to have 8 passes mostly A's and B's.... He has been accepted to college for a media video national diploma, then onto uni for his degree hopefully.

Next son doing great at grammar school, starts his GCSE coursework a year earlie there. He has been rowing for a while also and is now skulling and loving it... Fell out the boat for the first time last week, thought it was hillarious... I just thought OMG the Thames is filthy... LOL

Twins... Will start secondary school in September.... Boy... sooooo laid back it's frustratingly funny, He wants to be a famous comedian.... and probably will be.
Girl.... Still has california princess/cheerleader/beachbabe qualities we all love :curse: But I love her girlie ways... She says she wants to work in a bank.... Did tell her the money wouldn't be her's... LOL She has just run for her school in the nationals, and has the long jump event tomorrow...

Life is generally good... We had a hard time in the last year with MIL dying, then two more family deaths all within 3 months over xmas. Getting back to whatever normal is now though.

Oh I did the playtex moonwalk May 19th for the second year... Great fun, 26.2 miles walking in a bra in London in the middle of the night. Check out walkthewalk.org

Anyway thats us... didn't want to be here...Made a home anyway... Now having a ball with intermittant bouts of homesickness for the US... lol.

Oh and the weather... been as hot as hell here lately... Thats why I'm up at 1am typing this... Oh for the air con!!!!!! (Just paid 9K for central heating )
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:34 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Honeymommy update.

I was going to say "What the hell are you doing up this late?" !!! Hot, in London?

Glad to see you've made a life back home and things are looking good for you all
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:36 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by honeymommy
Have been skulking, for a while enjoying the comings and goings of everyone. Thought it was about time I posted an update so others can see we can survive returning to the UK when we don't want to.

Well.... I am a nurse in the good old knackered NHS. Love hate relationship we have... Hey cheaper than US medical fees.. lol.

Kids....
Eldest just took his GCSE's... forcast to have 8 passes mostly A's and B's.... He has been accepted to college for a media video national diploma, then onto uni for his degree hopefully.

Next son doing great at grammar school, starts his GCSE coursework a year earlie there. He has been rowing for a while also and is now skulling and loving it... Fell out the boat for the first time last week, thought it was hillarious... I just thought OMG the Thames is filthy... LOL

Twins... Will start secondary school in September.... Boy... sooooo laid back it's frustratingly funny, He wants to be a famous comedian.... and probably will be.
Girl.... Still has california princess/cheerleader/beachbabe qualities we all love :curse: But I love her girlie ways... She says she wants to work in a bank.... Did tell her the money wouldn't be her's... LOL She has just run for her school in the nationals, and has the long jump event tomorrow...

Life is generally good... We had a hard time in the last year with MIL dying, then two more family deaths all within 3 months over xmas. Getting back to whatever normal is now though.

Oh I did the playtex moonwalk May 19th for the second year... Great fun, 26.2 miles walking in a bra in London in the middle of the night. Check out walkthewalk.org

Anyway thats us... didn't want to be here...Made a home anyway... Now having a ball with intermittant bouts of homesickness for the US... lol.

Oh and the weather... been as hot as hell here lately... Thats why I'm up at 1am typing this... Oh for the air con!!!!!! (Just paid 9K for central heating )
I remember what a difficult time it was for you when you had to move back, so it's nice to see you about and to read how things have slotted into place for you and your family.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: California since 1997 now back in UK since July 2004
honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
I remember what a difficult time it was for you when you had to move back, so it's nice to see you about and to read how things have slotted into place for you and your family.

Thanks so much....

It was definately a difficult and dramatic time. Returning homeless with no jobs... OMG... Someone, somewhere made a miracle happen...

It is nice to be settled.. Don't think I would take the risk moving again... But... never say never LOL.

I think the future would be nice with a small cottage by the sea (Preferably warmer UK). Simple life...Boy I sound like I'm a pensioner allready, I am only 42... LOL

I have been reading everyones post for a while... Loads of Britain bashing going on, especially the chav thing.... Having been here a while, I do agree it's happening, but it's not half as bad as it's made out. Bad areas yes, but every place has them....
I work on an acute medical unit next to A&E, we take direct admissions... Assaults etc are no worse than they were when I left... Maybe a few more attend A&E but to be honest I think years ago the men just went home and stuck a bag of peas on it... Nowadays they run screaming to A&E.. LOL. Oh, or the police take them there because the prisons are full... I am joking by the way/ well sorta.....

We live in an area out of, but classed as Slough... Slough is mainly a dump... Not a bad place to live though we have found... Nice neighbours, kids schools good. They have nice friends. It's close for hubby and I to get to work. Then theres family. Couldn't ask for more... Just working for a little better while enjoying life.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by honeymommy

Kids....

Thanks for the update honeymommy,I was wondering how you where getting on,you always sound so positive,also pleased that your children have settled and are doing so well.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:21 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

It is always a pleasure to see you HM (THE most positive person I've ever met online bar none ).
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:28 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one HM, so good to hear how you are all doing...!! boy hasn't time flown.

Keep happy hunny

x
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 10:28 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

good to hear you have settled back into life in the uk ... god has it been 3 years!!???
good luck with the future

sue x
Old Jun 25th 2007, 5:16 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update HM - so pleased that the children have settled in well (& you and Mr HM of course!)

Where did those 3 years go???? We were just preparing to leave when you arrived in the UK!!!!

May things continue to work out well for you - and congrats to the kids on such good academic results so far