Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Homesick ! Youtube !! Could save you a motza !!!

Homesick ! Youtube !! Could save you a motza !!!

Old Dec 28th 2008, 7:59 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homesick ! Youtube !! Could save you a motza !!!

Originally Posted by Sherpa
when i first started my travelling i was quite young early eighties (1980s) and jobs in london were few so it was easy to jump on a plane and jet off but i no long have the wants i once sort so my priorities have changed some what but the thought of being jobbless doent sit well and lucky i have family back there to make it easier
I'm sure McDonald's will take you back...might have to return your 2 stars though.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 11:50 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandergirl
Nice work Rab.

Christmas here was 31C and humid, too hot and sunny to go outside.
We had prawns but there is no way it was red drinking weather, had a couple of champagnes and got a headache because of the heat.
Didn't you realize it gets hot in Australia? I don't particularly like -30c winters but its part of life in Canada and you adapt. Can you not do the same or will you be moaning about the heat every summer?
Old Dec 29th 2008, 2:16 am
Banned

Sherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really nice

ededed : Funny that you mentioned Mc doggies i was only talking to by brother in london and he happened to mention that Mc doggies down the high street had closed down it had been there for years so either people are eating more healthy food or they cant afford to go there anymore i suppose one of those ugly discount stores will pop up in its place or they may bang up one of those fancy palace appartments guaranteed to screw you longterm
Old Dec 29th 2008, 2:22 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

ededed : Funny that you mentioned Mc doggies i was only talking to by brother in london and he happened to mention that Mc doggies down the high street had closed down it had been there for years so either people are eating more healthy food or they cant afford to go there anymore i suppose one of those ugly discount stores will pop up in its place or they may bang up one of those fancy palace appartments guaranteed to screw you longterm
If McDonald's are closing down where will I get my 5 fruit and veg portions every day? A chip is a veg, right? And a slice of tomato - a gherkin and some lettuce - that's 4. A kebab has chillis on - that must be worth something.

Beer has hops in it. That's a vegetable.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 12:24 am
Banned

Sherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really nice

Originally Posted by ededed
If McDonald's are closing down where will I get my 5 fruit and veg portions every day? A chip is a veg, right? And a slice of tomato - a gherkin and some lettuce - that's 4. A kebab has chillis on - that must be worth something.

Beer has hops in it. That's a vegetable.
You know Macas is good for you but the only thing is people will just over eat Two quarter pounder large fries hash browns ketchup and a diet coke if it were'nt for the diet coke i think the nation would have a big problem maybe if they sold beer they could have stayed in business my round
Old Dec 30th 2008, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Danny B
Didn't you realize it gets hot in Australia? I don't particularly like -30c winters but its part of life in Canada and you adapt. Can you not do the same or will you be moaning about the heat every summer?
LOL I will be sure and pass on your comments to my Aus born and raised husband who has had 30 odd years since birth to "adapt" to the Aussie climate and moans about the heat more than I do.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

bev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nice
Red face Re: Homesick ! Youtube !! Could save you a motza !!!

There is a fast way to get back home just for the short visit just to have a quick look to see what you may be missing or just a reminder of why you really did leave you see thats a problem when you forget why the hell you took off with that one way ticket vowing never to return no matter what .........i found youtube to be very useful in refreshing the memory because believe it or not people do actualy upload the most boring places like the platform at your local tube station i mean how boring so now just picture yourself on that gloomy platform in your 10 pound suit going to your 30 pound aday job Now still homesick Oh and what about that gloomy bus stop just around the corner you know the one where you used to wait for ages in the pouring rain the one with no shelter still homesick looking on google earth at my parents house where they cant even get a park for the car and sometimes have to park up the street :curse: ....... you see its all mind games and you have to know how to play that game if you are going to avoid those expensive lessons make sure you get a good look at your local job centre its a must for the visitor one of the 7 wonders of the world

never stood at a train station in uk but have to here because every where so far away, either that or sit on the effing mitchell freeway for hours to get 15kms away just to get to work. Then once the train arrives you have to stand on a train packed the flipping rafters, and your lucky if you can breathe out just to get back home. Only to repeat the torture 5 days a week

Uk not perfect but lets all be honest, neither's Australia