homesick smokers

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute
Default homesick smokers

Just to make the homesick smokers feel a little better.
I just drove the kids to karate and it was thunder, lightening etc etc ....and outside all the pubs, all you could see were drenched Brits puffing away.
Hopefully where you are, you wont be so wet!
I suppose it being the first day, its a novelity so the bravado wont last.
A few pubs are making non-smokers stand outside for 10mins every hour so they know how it feels to be a smoker. What an excellent idea!
And the reason, Im so sanctamonious - I have a nicotine replacement patch on today, curteosy of NHS prescription charges.
Thanks
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 7:30 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: homesick smokers

Originally Posted by chance to be
Just to make the homesick smokers feel a little better.
I just drove the kids to karate and it was thunder, lightening etc etc ....and outside all the pubs, all you could see were drenched Brits puffing away.
Hopefully where you are, you wont be so wet!
I suppose it being the first day, its a novelity so the bravado wont last.
A few pubs are making non-smokers stand outside for 10mins every hour so they know how it feels to be a smoker. What an excellent idea!
And the reason, Im so sanctamonious - I have a nicotine replacement patch on today, curteosy of NHS prescription charges.
Thanks
This post made me smile.

I had been wondering how I'll cope with smoking in the UK when I go back. Right now, my rental company won't allow tenants to smoke in the house, which I actually appreciate, as I feel a lot less snuffly in the morning, plus it always smells nice in there now, but how would I cope with having to go outside for a ciggy at a pub?

A lot of places where I used to go had MASSIVE lines outside at Christmas/New Year, etc, and for the places that don't have an outdoor area out the back, what happens? Would you have to have a little stamp put on your hand to show that you'd already waited in line or paid to get in, etc, or do you have to line up all over again? I'll be interested in anyone's experiences....

I like the idea of the non-smokers getting an idea of what it's like. I do agree that people should have the choice on the quality of air they breathe, etc, but I think the ban is taking the piss a bit. Can't they just have a smoker's section instead of banning it in the whole place?
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 7:42 pm
Account Closed

CarolineW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by katesbackagain
This post made me smile.

I had been wondering how I'll cope with smoking in the UK when I go back. Right now, my rental company won't allow tenants to smoke in the house, which I actually appreciate, as I feel a lot less snuffly in the morning, plus it always smells nice in there now, but how would I cope with having to go outside for a ciggy at a pub?

A lot of places where I used to go had MASSIVE lines outside at Christmas/New Year, etc, and for the places that don't have an outdoor area out the back, what happens? Would you have to have a little stamp put on your hand to show that you'd already waited in line or paid to get in, etc, or do you have to line up all over again? I'll be interested in anyone's experiences....

I like the idea of the non-smokers getting an idea of what it's like. I do agree that people should have the choice on the quality of air they breathe, etc, but I think the ban is taking the piss a bit. Can't they just have a smoker's section instead of banning it in the whole place?
I have had a chest cough the last couple of weeks and decided last night to give up the ciggies immediately. I should really go to the docs about my chest but meanwhile I haven't any ciggies in the house - I warned hubby and he went awfully slilent last night. Just a rotten headache and stress..and of course hoping I can keep it up. I have my 1st grandchild coming along in December and I want to be here to see it.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Yes .....well the ban in Wales is now 3 months old...........if one more person takes it upon themselves to come up to me on the street when I am having a cig and tell me I need to give them up...........well let's just say I may have to do some bodily harm.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 8:54 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scout
Yes .....well the ban in Wales is now 3 months old...........if one more person takes it upon themselves to come up to me on the street when I am having a cig and tell me I need to give them up...........well let's just say I may have to do some bodily harm.
We should wear sandwich boards which read something like:

"Yes, I am a smoker. Yes, I know it's bad for my health. Yes, it makes me smell of cigarettes. I have known these facts since I lit my first.

Disclaimer: Telling me to quit may be harmful to your health, and may result in one or more black eyes."
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Their trying making it elligal to smoke on the beaches over here soon and in your own car!!! How the hell they gonna stop that one i dont know...

BTW its pissing down here, worse than we used to have in UK and bloody freezing!!!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:49 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

I am now officially a non-smoker!!! Me and hubs gave up a few weeks ago and he's using Zyban and I read Allen Carr's "Easyway" book. Neither of us are craving really. I am finding this so easy. The attempts I've made in the past have been like torture and I always started smoking again. But not this time...hand on heart....honest to God I won't.

I'm not going to waffle on about the merits of not smoking, because smokers already know those, I did and it didn't stop me smoking for 25 years but can I just ask you to perhaps read Allen Carrs book. It certainly changed my mind-set about smoking and how I supposedly 'enjoyed' it!!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
I'm not going to waffle on about the merits of not smoking, because smokers already know those, I did and it didn't stop me smoking for 25 years but can I just ask you to perhaps read Allen Carrs book. It certainly changed my mind-set about smoking and how I supposedly 'enjoyed' it!!
Hi Tracy

Read his book 3 times still puffing away like a good un. Im going to wait till i move into my own house, and buy his dvd/cd. Ive also had zyiban, that didnt work either.

Well done you and hubby for giving up though.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 6:35 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Ban all smoking!!! disgusting habit
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lollyno1
Hi Tracy

Read his book 3 times still puffing away like a good un. Im going to wait till i move into my own house, and buy his dvd/cd. Ive also had zyiban, that didnt work either.

Well done you and hubby for giving up though.

Yeh I know a couple that have read that book, they are back to puffing away again

Must admit I do like the occasional puff, even though I gave up a long long time ago, since being here I started again

Well done TRacey and OH for giving up, my OH gave up (I made him before we came ) and he hates it now and moans at me everytime I have a smoke.....
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
I am now officially a non-smoker!!! Me and hubs gave up a few weeks ago and he's using Zyban
Where I live, they are trying not to prescribe zyban now because a new drug has come out thats meant to be fantastic, really high success rate etc. I cant remember the name of it now, but its not been used in our area yet by anyone, so OH is going to be the first to try it in 2weeks time.
I'll let you know how it goes.
UK are raving about it - no side effects etc. Works like how you take zyban.
(if he grows extra toes or something, I wont report back)
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:27 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lollyno1
Hi Tracy

Chop your damn hands off woman!!!!

[QUOTE=Kath & Graham;5002039]Yeh I know a couple that have read that book, they are back to puffing away again

QUOTE] I'm still going strong...forever this time.

(if he grows extra toes or something, I wont report back)
Old Jul 9th 2007, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=TraceyW;5002380]Chop your damn hands off woman!!!!

at the moment id smoke a old newspaper if nowt else to hand...

oh and im quite supple...i could always use me feet...lol

dont forget im living with my mother and 15 yr old and work in a place where to laugh is akin to blaspheming constantly..lol

Good on you anyway...u keep it up.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 1:36 am
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute

a new drug has come out thats meant to be fantastic, really high success rate etc. I cant remember the name of it now, but its not been used in our area yet by anyone, so OH is going to be the first to try it in 2weeks time.
I'll let you know how it goes.
UK are raving about it - no side effects etc.
Is it Chantix? I was at my doctor's today and we had a "chat" about giving up smoking and he mentioned Chantix. Apparently blocks the desire for nicotine, and they figure that once you've taken it for the 6 weeks or whatever it is, you won't want to smoke any more.

Hmmm. I quit smoking for six years but took it up again, so I'm a bit sceptical.

Sarah in TX
Old Jul 10th 2007, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SarahInTX
Is it Chantix? I was at my doctor's today and we had a "chat" about giving up smoking and he mentioned Chantix. Apparently blocks the desire for nicotine, and they figure that once you've taken it for the 6 weeks or whatever it is, you won't want to smoke any more.

Hmmm. I quit smoking for six years but took it up again, so I'm a bit sceptical.

Sarah in TX

I quit for 2 years came here and started again gonna really try and give up .......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.