Home for a year and a day

Old Mar 19th 2010, 11:04 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Home for a year and a day

Originally Posted by crap coffee
well I am a friend of actual Terry H ...

can tell you what, He is down to earth guy - very nice warm and charming man. I love him to death man.
What is he up to these days? By a weird coincidence it's his birthday today!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Hall_(singer)

Last edited by Englishmum; Mar 19th 2010 at 11:06 am.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home for a year and a day

Originally Posted by Englishmum
What is he up to these days? By a weird coincidence it's his birthday today!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Hall_(singer)
well he is writing songs... I am glad... can't wait his next album...

I LOVE his every single album, and every single song. and I listen to them EVERYDAY. Vegas, Home, Laugh, The Colourfield, Fun Boy three and many more. They are all Astonishingly Beautiful ..

this is one of my best favourite songs..by mr hall.

yeah, its his birthday. I already sent him a message...think I'd give him a nice present if I lived in London...

think there are .. quite a few important reasons why I need to be in UK.... T H is one of them....

Last edited by crap coffee; Mar 19th 2010 at 12:26 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

well I am a friend of actual Terry ... I know I am very lucky eh.

can tell you what, He is down to earth guy - very nice warm and charming man. I love him to death man. He is very intelligent - must admit He IS a musical genius. certainly not an ordinary rubbish pop singer.
Did you know it is his birthday today?
Old Mar 19th 2010, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chance to be
Had a text from a friend to say she'd been invited out by Buster Bloodvessel PMSL! Its cos Im jealous really
Buster Bloodvessel! Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. A handsome dude he was
Old Mar 20th 2010, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I've been home just over a year now. As they say 'time flies by when you're having fun'...bloody true !!
I felt dead in Perth, almost Zombified i just woke up one day and thought 'F**k this' hahaha.
Good on ya Kev
This is where hubby and I are at. About to make the move back but I have to say I'm nervous. I've heard the saying land of the lotus-eaters and I that is sometimes how it feels to us here in WA. Will see how the move goes but I am feeling rather expaty and not very English now.
Old Mar 20th 2010, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

joe38 will become famous soon enoughjoe38 will become famous soon enough

i have been back in the uk for over 2 years ,life is just as hard has Australia ,job situations in oz were crap ,now the uk is the same ,i do miss the layback life we had in oz ,i would love to go back but i think only for a holiday ,the thought of moving again but at least we have family here in the uk ,which really helps
Old Mar 20th 2010, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joe38
i have been back in the uk for over 2 years ,life is just as hard has Australia ,job situations in oz were crap ,now the uk is the same ,i do miss the layback life we had in oz ,i would love to go back but i think only for a holiday ,the thought of moving again but at least we have family here in the uk ,which really helps
No matter where you are in the world - life is just plain hard for us ordinary people..

Last edited by crap coffee; Mar 20th 2010 at 9:15 am.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 2:39 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

i always thought his name was Jerry Hallbut my husband informs me thats the model who went out with Bryan Ferry but married Mick Jagger
Old Mar 21st 2010, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

uklass is on a distinguished road

To the people who have moved back from oz, would you do it all again?

I mean is the experience worth it, you've followed your dream and now you realise what you had so you've come back & appreciate it all the more?

Its pretty much decision time for me for applying for oz visa, its been a 4 year dream and I've umm -ed and ahh -ed for the last year as serious doubts have crept in. I lived in Thailand for a year a few years ago and remember how happy I was to get home after that..but oz had aslways been the dream - is it best to go & if I come back at least I'm wiser for it than if I'd neber goen at all?
Old Mar 21st 2010, 10:08 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by uklass

I mean is the experience worth it, you've followed your dream and now you realise what you had so you've come back & appreciate it all the more?

Its pretty much decision time for me for applying for oz visa, its been a 4 year dream and I've umm -ed and ahh -ed for the last year as serious doubts have crept in. I lived in Thailand for a year a few years ago and remember how happy I was to get home after that..but oz had aslways been the dream - is it best to go & if I come back at least I'm wiser for it than if I'd neber goen at all?
It's not always a dream for us to emigrate to OZ. We emigrated because of work prospects and family pressure. Too many Brits move to OZ because they see these daft TV programmes and see the blue sky and sunshine. Dreams become reality and many return to UK with more appreciation of their home country.
You have to do what you believe is right at the time...
Old Mar 21st 2010, 10:15 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

well he is writing songs... I am glad... can't wait his next album...

I LOVE his every single album, and every single song. and I listen to them EVERYDAY. Vegas, Home, Laugh, The Colourfield, Fun Boy three and many more. They are all Astonishingly Beautiful ..

this is one of my best favourite songs..by mr hall.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6znRtWl_B4w

yeah, its his birthday. I already sent him a message...think I'd give him a nice present if I lived in London...

think there are .. quite a few important reasons why I need to be in UK.... T H is one of them....
Did Terry Hall start off in The Specials?
Terry looks like a young Frankie Howard
Old Mar 21st 2010, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uklass

If you can hold on to a decent house in the Uk do it? Then go for it. You'll never know.
I was glad to get out of Australia but i plan to return for a travelling holiday at some point.
It helps if you have a decent profession that can at least assure an income on your return.
There are lots of people out there who have burned their bridges and can't return without hardship.
As nu-shooz said the TV programmes are just eye candy and don't bear resemblance to living in Aus.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Did Terry Hall start off in The Specials?
Terry looks like a young Frankie Howard
I saw him at the gig last year honestly, I've never seen any male singer who has such a marvellous, beautiful voice like him in my life. my heart tells me he's my soul mate. thinking of him, makes me smile and happier. He is my only hope and brighten up my soul these days. so I am stick to him most of the time except working time at work. would you believe, I signed up FB, in order to communicate with him - seriously That Was The Only Reason.

Last edited by crap coffee; Mar 21st 2010 at 11:03 am.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 11:03 am
Account Closed

I saw him at the gig last year honestly, I've never seen any male singer who has such a marvellous, beautiful voice like him in my life. thinking of him, makes me smile and happier. He is my only hope and brighten up my soul these days. so I am stick to him most of the time except working time at work. would you believe, I signed up FB, in order to communicate with him - seriously That Was The Only Reason. He is my heart, and he is my soul.
Err, ok..as long as you don't turn into some weird stalker

Can't say i have heard of him since his days in Fun Boy Three.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Err, ok..as long as you don't turn into some weird stalker

Can't say i have heard of him since his days in Fun Boy Three.
I am far too from a stalker thing. I am not that crazy as you think. Just adore him.

Last edited by crap coffee; Mar 21st 2010 at 12:20 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.