Home for a year and a day

Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:21 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home for a year and a day

Originally Posted by quoll
Wow, a year already?! Time flies when you are having fun.

Hope the knee recovery goes well too.

I agree with you though - I have only been home since mid Feb on holiday and have seen so much more "life" and variety than I get in a year in Aus - boredom central - and I shall be bawling my eyes out this time next week when they drag me kicking onto the plane. Views, nature, history, people, buzz, UK has it all IMHO.
You and me both Quoll. I shall no doubt look like a widow fresh in mourning once again, with my puffy red raw eyes, bunged up nose and blotchy skin.......
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:26 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Aw c'mon man....how can you possibly be loving your life back here in the Uk? Don't you know it's a crap hole, gone to the dogs, full of chavs and scum and that you have every chance of being brutally murdered by some hoodie clad yobbo (who is obviously unemployed and crack addicted) each time you venture out of the front door of your 'can't swing a cat in it' house?

Dontcha just love being home? Glad it's working out well x
Yeah that's why I am heading back to Oz, where none of the above is true.

No chavs, scum, hoodies, drugs, murders or any crimes in Australia exist don't cha know. Everybody lives in MASSIVE houses overlooking the Pacific Ocean sitting on their balcony looking at their 4 cars in the driveway and their boat tied up at their own jetty etc.

Yes, it's just full of beautiful people living in a perfect paradise.

Last edited by Beedubya; Mar 18th 2010 at 8:56 am.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
You and me both Quoll. I shall no doubt look like a widow fresh in mourning once again, with my puffy red raw eyes, bunged up nose and blotchy skin.......
LOL, well I wont be posting any pics of my return on my blog that's for sure and certain. Only 24 hours to go before I leave the olds (on the train this time tomorrow) and the tears are pretty close to the surface already but I will put on a brave face for them. Just watch out anyone on the 8.58 from Cambridge to Liverpool St tomorrow morning!!!! I scared the sh*t out of a poor young girl a couple of leavings ago - couldnt stop crying at all!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah that's why I am heading back to Oz, where none of the above is true.

No chavs, scum, hoodies, drugs, murders or any crimes in Australia exist don't cha know. Everybody lives in MASSIVE houses overlooking the Pacific Ocean sitting on their balcony looking at their 4 cars in the driveway and their boat tied up at their own jetty etc.

Yes, it's just full of beautiful people living in a perfect paradise.
You forgot to mention the unicorns pottering in the garden and the gold bars delivered with every letter!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevin747
My problem was partly that I lived in a beautiful wee village in the West of Scotland for 16 years prior to migration.
It didn't take me long to become homesick,that subsided and I was left to coldly compare what I had at home and what I had in Australia.

I really miss some of the good times drinking,playing music and occasionally arguing about sport.
I'm not saying the UK is perfect as the economy is in a mess, as it is in most countries.
I miss the birds and some ocean views but believe me it was never as good as the sights in my native Scotland. I have also come to realise that the other countries of the UK,Ireland and Europe are also vastly superior to Oz.

I feel blessed to be home .
reading your posts, makes me *****ing SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!all I want to do now is just SCREECH.!! Everything you said is makes bloody sense........I just wanna move to the Britain..That's about it.

what I do in my spare time is .. always reading someone else's blogs... people who live in the UK...read their happy stories, look at the beautiful pics of countryside......................that only makes me sad sad sad sad...

why oh why? I am not interested in anything to do with Kiwi things... To me, Britain looks only beautiful - Green everywhere. I just feel my life is dead here..........nz.

If I was young, I would probably change my career and move to the UK. can't believe how come/WHY I've been stuck here ... for half of my life?? can't even believe that..

my life is hopeless here I can tell. I made lots of effort to change during that time, but it didn't work out. That is. I've got no motivation whatsoever. shite. just go and fall into the Wellington harbour tonight.

and I MISS TERRY HALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by crap coffee; Mar 18th 2010 at 12:47 pm.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 12:10 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

kev, cant believe its been a year, glad its all going well
Old Mar 18th 2010, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crap coffee
reading your posts, makes me *****ing SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!all I want to do now is just SCREECH.!! Everything you said is makes bloody sense........I just wanna move to the Britain..That's about it.

what I do in my spare time is .. always reading someone's blogs... people who live in the UK...read their happy stories, look at the beautiful pics of countryside......................that only makes me sad sad sad sad...

why oh why? I am not interested in anything to do with Kiwi things... To me, Britain looks only beautiful - Green everywhere. I just feel my life is dead here..........nz.

If I was young, I would probably change my career and move to the UK. can't believe how come/WHY I've been stuck here ... for half of my life?? can't even believe that..

my life is hopeless here I can tell. I made lots of effort to change during that time, but it didn't work out. That is. I've got no motivation whatsoever. shite. just go and fall into the Wellington habour tonight.

and I MISS TERRY HALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who's terry hall
Old Mar 18th 2010, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
who's terry hall
the lead singer of The Specials.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crap coffee
the lead singer of The Specials.
Had a text from a friend to say she'd been invited out by Buster Bloodvessel PMSL! Its cos Im jealous really
Old Mar 18th 2010, 7:36 pm
Home Sweet Home

You forgot to mention the unicorns pottering in the garden and the gold bars delivered with every letter!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 7:40 pm
Home Sweet Home

LOL, well I wont be posting any pics of my return on my blog that's for sure and certain. Only 24 hours to go before I leave the olds (on the train this time tomorrow) and the tears are pretty close to the surface already but I will put on a brave face for them. Just watch out anyone on the 8.58 from Cambridge to Liverpool St tomorrow morning!!!! I scared the sh*t out of a poor young girl a couple of leavings ago - couldnt stop crying at all!
When I came back in 2005, I was sooo distraught on the flight from Manchester to Heathrow, the flight attendant thought somebody had died!! I felt like saying "Only my soul" LOL!!!

Had a bit of a do where I work last night and the residents made a very unexpected presentation to me and I got soo upset, because not only am I leaving my new job and my new home but my own bl***y country........

Still must stay positive 'cos I am off to the wonderful world of Oz............
Old Mar 19th 2010, 6:20 am
Home Sweet Home

who's terry hall
Terry Hall? Terry Hall? Oh yeah I remember him now!! Him and Lenny The Lion
Attached Thumbnails Home for a year and a day-lenny-lion.jpg  
Old Mar 19th 2010, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

kev, cant believe its been a year, glad its all going well
Cheers Mags,hope you are well in Melbourne.Let me know things are.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 10:37 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Home for a year and a day

Terry Hall? Terry Hall? Oh yeah I remember him now!! Him and Lenny The Lion
Nooooooo!! That guy in the pic you posted isn't Terry Hall!

He's the lead singer in "The Specials"....they were from my home city of Coventry - they had a hugely successful and critically highly acclaimed reunion tour last year.

I used to see Terry Hall hanging around Euston station in London quite often in the mid-80s (the trains between Coventry and London terminate at Euston).

He's also released solo CD's.

Old Mar 19th 2010, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

well I am a friend of actual Terry ... I know I am very lucky eh.

can tell you what, He is down to earth guy - very nice warm and charming man. I love him to death man. He is very intelligent - must admit He IS a musical genius. certainly not an ordinary rubbish pop singer.

Last edited by crap coffee; Mar 19th 2010 at 11:33 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.