Home Sweet Home

Old Feb 18th 2005, 2:06 am
YIPPEEEEEEEEE :)

hwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant future
Talking Home Sweet Home

WOW.....what an adventure this has been.

As we are sure some of you are aware, it's been an looooong two years for us in getting our I-601 approved but here I sit, in front of my computer in our home in Missouri, surrounded by our friends and most importantly our family. We arrived two weeks ago after the most stress free flight from Brisbane Australia and a stress free POE.

We boarded our flight - my USC hubby, myself and our four children - and as we were taking off and I was watching the immigration procedure upon arrival in LAX on the little seat back TV, I started to get emotional and tears just rolled down my cheeks. I looked at Lar and he looked at me and all we could do was smile. Nothing needed to be said between us. SIGH.

So anyway, take a US visa, 4 kids and a quarter full Qantas 747 direct to LAX and you have a comfy, spread out, whole row to yourself stress free flight! Things were looking good.

We arrived into LAX about 20 minutes ahead of schedule - wow - everything seemed to be to good to be true. Well, I had read some horror POE stories so was prepared for about anything. We disembarked and went straight down to immigration. We were first in line with another couple being seen to. After about 1 minute, we were called upon. I handed over all six of our passports (3 USA and 3 Aussie) and our three yellow immigration packets. He thanked me, took my finger prints (did not take the kids) and suggested that we go and get our luggage and meet back there. He was extremely pleasant. SO off we went, collected our baggage that took all of ten minutes, came back and he was ready for us, handed me back our stamped (employment authorized) passports with a smile and said welcome to the United States. To think I allowed 4 hours in between flights to get through immigration and customs and it took all of 15 minutes if that!!!!

So that was our POE experience - almost non exsistent, but STRESS FREE YAY. Didn't ever imagine that stress free and immigration could be used in the same conversation (although it is a first - hahaha)

To all fellow aliens and their families - good luck, have faith, it will all work out how it is meant to in the end. Cry if you need to, scream if you must, rant, rave and vent - it won't help any, but it sure does ease some of the pressure, lol - been there done that a million times this past two years.

Our biggest thanks goes out to our attorney - she was awesome.

HUGS
Sue
Old Feb 18th 2005, 2:15 am

hwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Home Sweet Home

Oh, and can you believe, I already have my SSN!!!! I applied last Monday and had it a week later! I am finally a real person in this country!!!!
Old Feb 18th 2005, 2:29 am

Default Re: Home Sweet Home

Hiya Debs, I overstayed 18 months between 2000 and 2001 in MO. Yes, it was a loooong fight, but we had to get home so we couldn't give up - wanted to give up plenty of times though, lol.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 2:29 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, and welcome to America!

Rene
Old Feb 18th 2005, 2:47 am
waiting for 4 years

letysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really nice

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Congratulations, and welcome to America!

Rene
welcome home to Missouri I live near you too I live in S W MO
Old Feb 18th 2005, 7:20 am
~ Mr & Mrs ~

mvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hwarang
- and as we were taking off and I was watching the immigration procedure upon arrival in LAX on the little seat back TV, I started to get emotional and tears just rolled down my cheeks. I looked at Lar and he looked at me and all we could do was smile. Nothing needed to be said between us. SIGH.
I teared up just reading that bit!! Only 7 more days til we fly HOME...and I'm sure the tears will flow for me too. Congrats to you and your family!!
Old Feb 18th 2005, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! I'm sitting here with a great big smile for you guys.

Elaine
Old Feb 18th 2005, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by mvjenno
I teared up just reading that bit!! Only 7 more days til we fly HOME...and I'm sure the tears will flow for me too. Congrats to you and your family!!
Get yourself a box of Kleenex, you'll need it, lol. I guess it is such a tiring road to travel that when it finally does happen, it's a basket of mixed emotions - for the first time in two years, I don't have a headache and stomach ache or frownlines (although I think I have developed some permanent lines there now even though I haven't frowned in weeks, lol). What a rollercoaster ride it has been. If I cry again this side of Christmas it will be tooooo soon, lmao. Best of luck for your travel. Keep us posted on your POE adventures.
Thank you so much everyone for your kind words - HUGS goes out to you all and we are glad to be home.

Rete, I tired to post our time line and adventures on that website you suggested and couldn't find somewhere to post (maybe my eyes just don't want to work anymore, lol.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 3:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

What a great story! Congratulations... and welcome!

Ian
Old Feb 18th 2005, 6:35 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Bravo!!!!!! A million congrats to you! I've been feeling very bad for you for a long time, so this is fantastic news. My huband's case is pretty much in a black hole right now, but you've given me hope that time and patience will fix everything.
Old Feb 19th 2005, 3:35 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

As we are sure some of you are aware, it's been an looooong two years for us in getting our I-601 approved but here I sit, in front of my computer in our home in Missouri, surrounded by our friends and most importantly our family. We arrived two weeks ago after the most stress free flight from Brisbane Australia and a stress free POE.

We boarded our flight - my USC hubby, myself and our four children - and as we were taking off and I was watching the immigration procedure upon arrival in LAX on the little seat back TV, I started to get emotional and tears just rolled down my cheeks. I looked at Lar and he looked at me and all we could do was smile. Nothing needed to be said between us. SIGH.

So anyway, take a US visa, 4 kids and a quarter full Qantas 747 direct to LAX and you have a comfy, spread out, whole row to yourself stress free flight! Things were looking good.

We arrived into LAX about 20 minutes ahead of schedule - wow - everything seemed to be to good to be true. Well, I had read some horror POE stories so was prepared for about anything. We disembarked and went straight down to immigration. We were first in line with another couple being seen to. After about 1 minute, we were called upon. I handed over all six of our passports (3 USA and 3 Aussie) and our three yellow immigration packets. He thanked me, took my finger prints (did not take the kids) and suggested that we go and get our luggage and meet back there. He was extremely pleasant. SO off we went, collected our baggage that took all of ten minutes, came back and he was ready for us, handed me back our stamped (employment authorized) passports with a smile and said welcome to the United States. To think I allowed 4 hours in between flights to get through immigration and customs and it took all of 15 minutes if that!!!!

So that was our POE experience - almost non exsistent, but STRESS FREE YAY. Didn't ever imagine that stress free and immigration could be used in the same conversation (although it is a first - hahaha)

To all fellow aliens and their families - good luck, have faith, it will all work out how it is meant to in the end. Cry if you need to, scream if you must, rant, rave and vent - it won't help any, but it sure does ease some of the pressure, lol - been there done that a million times this past two years.

Our biggest thanks goes out to our attorney - she was awesome.

HUGS
Sue

Hey Sue!! I remember you!!
I am so happy to hear you made it!!, When I saw hwarang.. I knew your icon was a froggie without even looking!
CONGRATULATIONS!!
We don't have party smilies anymore but oh well: PARTY PARTY PARTY!