Home and Happy !!!!!!!

Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:54 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home and Happy !!!!!!!

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Hey Sam

Back to Perth!!! Gotta laugh never thought id be a ping ponger!!!!
Sneaky fag dont know what u mean
It would be great to meet up , hows everything going with you??
Resend your email not sure if i have it or not !!

Take Care
Kris xx
I reckon sometimes you have to come back to the UK to find out where you really want to live.

Mind you, I can imagine you making a go of anything you put your mind to and wouldnt let anything get you down.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:57 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I reckon sometimes you have to come back to the UK to find out where you really want to live.

Mind you, I can imagine you making a go of anything you put your mind to and wouldnt let anything get you down.
Hey Sam hows everything going with you?

Your right, if we had just done the holiday back to the UK we still would have moved back!!!

Lets hope we dont become serial ping pongers xx

Kris xx
Old Nov 5th 2007, 10:04 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Sam hows everything going with you?

Your right, if we had just done the holiday back to the UK we still would have moved back!!!

Lets hope we dont become serial ping pongers xx

Kris xx
Im good, we fly out on 6 March 2008

I think that sometimes you have to 'ping pong' to find out where you want to be. There is nothing wrong with it, Rooksie did it and she is doing well in Cairns, seems really happy and settled.

There is no law to say you can't test the waters a few times in order to settle, in fact I would say you are setting yourself up with an overall knowledge of what you like, what you don't like and what you will settle for.

I think its great and you are the kind of person who will find their own little bit of Australia and make it her own.

I hope I can be like that when I get there.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 10:22 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

you will be fine xx Hope everything works out for you , you really deserve it

Good Luck
Kris xx

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Im good, we fly out on 6 March 2008

I think that sometimes you have to 'ping pong' to find out where you want to be. There is nothing wrong with it, Rooksie did it and she is doing well in Cairns, seems really happy and settled.

There is no law to say you can't test the waters a few times in order to settle, in fact I would say you are setting yourself up with an overall knowledge of what you like, what you don't like and what you will settle for.

I think its great and you are the kind of person who will find their own little bit of Australia and make it her own.

I hope I can be like that when I get there.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 11:51 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Home and Happy !!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Margaret3
same here,but then again your accent can work for you, i was working a few agency shifts at a hosp here, and the boss was scottish, she asked me if i wanted a job, also the agency phoned today to give me some shifts there for next week as the boss had asked for me personally
So you are right, racism does exist! LOL
Old Nov 5th 2007, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

The Undecided Scot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stay or go

Hi

We have been back in the US for about a year now. We returned because of my husbands job. I was really nervous about coming back but so far things are good. The kids are happy and life here is good. My husband has now been giving the chance of promotion but that would mean leaving the US. My husband would live in Brussels during the week and commute home to Scotland at weekends as I don't want to live in Brussels.

I just don't know what to do. I know my husband would like the job. I would like to live in Scotland but I worry about him only being home at weekends and Holidays. But on the other hand I also worry about staying in the US longer term. I am liking it here at the moment but I worry things might change and so many years down the line I don't like living here any more.

We know friends who wish they had gone back and didn't now they regret it.

I am also nervous about trying to sell my house as the market in the US is bad at the moment. we would probably lose money on our house as we only bought it a year ago.

Any thoughts on what to do.

Thanks
The undecided Scot
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

OK ,well everything i have said and felt since being back is true ive never felt happier then hubby drops the bombshell he isnt he wants to go back AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHH, .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .All we have to do now is tell our familys which im not looking forward too but somehow doesnt feel as final as the last time !!!

So good luck wherever whatever ya doin be happy
Kris xx
God, this is a quick change thread!!!!
All the very best to you, Kris, whatever you decide to do. (Bit concerning that you wrote "Ive never been happier" and then you are going back though...) But I think thats just the way some people are when they've lived in 2 places. I know I am too. I have a great day in the UK with a friend, go somewhere interesting etc and feel so happy - then an Ozzie friend will give me a call and I feel so pulled Its such a shame that its not in Europe!)
My visa expires 2010. Im going through a "is it worth going back to get C-ship " stage and like you say, it sounds easier as it doesnt seem forever. Maybe that "forever" feelings what makes people feel so trapped? you are right to think of whatever country as a short term project for now. I hope your OH, though is sure and its not just a "reverse culture shock" or "regret rather than missing" thing. But you dont have to ping pong tomorrow, so have plenty of time to discuss this
Good luck and best wishes
You are braver than I feel
Chrissy
Old Nov 6th 2007, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

OK ,well everything i have said and felt since being back is true ive never felt happier then hubby drops the bombshell he isnt he wants to go back AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHH, Now i have to say i dont feel its as safe here for the children we are living in a gorgeous village and people arre not being stabbed and shot on my doorstep BUT i do feel the youth culture and the use of weapons has got worse, we were walking round a boot sale the other week and there was a stall selling guns and samurai swords we were soooooooooo shocked i know if kids want them they will get them but blimey straight in ya face or what and they may only have been pellet guns but believe me i wouldnt want one stuck in my face!!!!I know crime and yobs are everywhere but when in oz my eldest went out to the city, beach ,shopping centres etc and i really didnt feel worried, here i really would worry about her walking to her friends house. For me thats enough reason to go back so we are in the process of ponging!!
I will say though as well for all those coming back i really have felt happy and at home , but also i have put alot of the doubts we had in oz into perspective, life in oz was never bad for me just very simple which in hind sight with children is for us for now is best!!!All we have to do now is tell our familys which im not looking forward too but somehow doesnt feel as final as the last time !!!

So good luck wherever whatever ya doin be happy
Kris xx
From Oct thread to this one in early Nov? have you really thought about it...?god the times I have walked past sops in Perth on what they sell on the "flea" markets here I would be jumping on the plane back to the U.K every other day. It hardly seems that you have given you new surroundings a chance...are you certain it is not just those first few months of being in a different place?...they say you have to give somewhere at least 1 year....
I must admit I read your first thread and thought great, lovely news....home here we come.....then in a short period you have really, really changed your tune...well human nature and all that eh?
Maybe anybody out there who goes back home should wait a while before
they post a thread......just to help other people going back home....
Hope wherever you end up life treats you well.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 5:33 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
From Oct thread to this one in early Nov? have you really thought about it...?god the times I have walked past sops in Perth on what they sell on the "flea" markets here I would be jumping on the plane back to the U.K every other day. It hardly seems that you have given you new surroundings a chance...are you certain it is not just those first few months of being in a different place?...they say you have to give somewhere at least 1 year....
I must admit I read your first thread and thought great, lovely news....home here we come.....then in a short period you have really, really changed your tune...well human nature and all that eh?
Maybe anybody out there who goes back home should wait a while before
they post a thread......just to help other people going back home....
Hope wherever you end up life treats you well.
That is the thing though, it isn't a different place really. It is the place she called home for the majority of her life. If it really felt right it would feel right immediately wouldn't it. Kris has said in her first sentence that she stands by all she said in her first post, that she has never felt happier being back. She has stood back and looked at the bigger picture. Being an expat changes people more than they realise and it has often been talked about here that people experience a kind of reverse culture shock.

To Kris, I really hope things work out for the best for you and your family.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 6:39 am
Happy Member

Thanks everyone!!!

Yes it has come all of a sudden , I would be happy to stay here in the UK and it really is where i feel at home BUT it has opened my eyes and in my opinion Aus is without a doubt a safer and more family orientated place to bring up my 3 girls which at the end of the day is what matters , when we left the UK originally i felt it was forever , in some strange way that i was never gonna see my friends and family again and whilst in oz the whole homesickness and missing people and things about the UK is totally out of perspective i can see that now and although i (really am not sure of the right word) am a little worried about ponging i dont feel its forever and i think that makes a huge difference for me . The whole emmigrating thing is a huge phscological challenge some people overcome it some dont some learn to deal with it some dont but i suppose it makes our lifes a whole lot more interesting!!!

Be Happy
Kris xx
Old Nov 6th 2007, 6:44 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone!!!

Yes it has come all of a sudden , I would be happy to stay here in the UK and it really is where i feel at home BUT it has opened my eyes and in my opinion Aus is without a doubt a safer and more family orientated place to bring up my 3 girls which at the end of the day is what matters , when we left the UK originally i felt it was forever , in some strange way that i was never gonna see my friends and family again and whilst in oz the whole homesickness and missing people and things about the UK is totally out of perspective i can see that now and although i (really am not sure of the right word) am a little worried about ponging i dont feel its forever and i think that makes a huge difference for me . The whole emmigrating thing is a huge phscological challenge some people overcome it some dont some learn to deal with it some dont but i suppose it makes our lifes a whole lot more interesting!!!

Be Happy
Kris xx
I couldn't agree more. Good luck to you.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 8:35 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Remember poster called Betty Boop, she ping ponged and was unhappy to be back in UK for a while.
But she posted on here 6 months later saying they were finally happy in UK, it was just getting the culture shock into gear that caused afew problems.
I myself will probably feel this way when we return, but i will give it a whole year at least to settle back into the swing of things. I can't keep dragging my kids backwards and forwards every two minutes. But i understand how it affects different people.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone!!!

Be Happy
Kris xx
Yes Kris but you will never really settle if you keep thinking it is not forever...I would certainly not consider coming or going anywhere with my family again if I did not know for certain it was where I wanted to end my days...sometime in the future you may not have that choice to make your own and you maybe become "stuck" in a place you feel you do not see yourself staying...I do know lots of people who would go back to the U.K but either have all their children/Grandchildren...are to old or work worries stop them....for whatever reason you should be making sure that the place where you want to be is where you are planning you and your families future...you don't want to end up with children spread across two countries (maybe more if your children want to try and live in other countries around the world).
Just take time to think..just because you are back "home" it does not mean that you are in the right area...I would certainly try a different State to Perth if I were to come back to Aus...so why not do the same in the U.K even if it is only 30 min drive away....or further....
Take care and really take your time....remember when you first arrived in Aus..most of us would of been on the first plane home if we could...it is just the same going back to the U.K.......
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

I love the choice , and I LOVE TESCOS !!!!!

I lOvE TeScOs? Hmmm.
Old Nov 10th 2007, 2:31 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bu1lder
I love the choice , and I LOVE TESCOS !!!!!

I lOvE TeScOs? Hmmm.
What's wrong with that? After you've shopped for food here for awhile, Tesco's is absolute bliss...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.