Home but no HOME

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

woodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to all
Default Home but no HOME

Hello every one. I have made it home at last. I am just loving every minute of it. My only problem is I can't get a mortgage or homeloan, not a bank loan nothing, I have UK credit cards, Money in the bank but have been refused any type of loan to buy a house.
we could put down at least 75% of the cost of a house but are just slightly short.

Can any body help with this.

Regards
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:10 am
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home but no HOME

Originally Posted by woodywoodside
Hello every one. I have made it home at last. I am just loving every minute of it. My only problem is I can't get a mortgage or homeloan, not a bank loan nothing, I have UK credit cards, Money in the bank but have been refused any type of loan to buy a house.
we could put down at least 75% of the cost of a house but are just slightly short.

Regards
You need 3 months payslips according to HSBC so you might need to find a job for 3 months just to get through the criteria. Sans might be able to help as she got a loan OK. If not, PM me and I'll give you my UK mortgage brokers details. He's been very helpful so far.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

times up is a jewel in the roughtimes up is a jewel in the roughtimes up is a jewel in the roughtimes up is a jewel in the rough

I know that before the crunch you could self certify up to about a 75% mortgage (sometimes higher) but I cannot really believe that they will not entertain you at a 25% morgage.

I know my ex wife has just got a mortgage of arund £200k which is arund 40% to 45% LTV where her salary is circa £40k and thus the mortgage is way over the normal multiples. That is with HSBC.

The OP states that he still has UK credit cards. Some of these must be linked somehow with mortgage providers. I'd approach them.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to all

I can't believe it my self, I have kept all my credit cards to keep up score up. I run my uk bank accounts. I have a HSBC bank account and did ask them and they said no to a 20k . mortgage on a 220k house. I was really shocked. I have a brand new contract with my old firm and still no help. I will approach a couple of other leanders but just wondered if any one else had any luck.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

times up is a jewel in the roughtimes up is a jewel in the roughtimes up is a jewel in the roughtimes up is a jewel in the rough

Bypass the monkeys on reeption and their normal muppets and get to see some manager.

If you can go to their Premier service then do so. Your cash on deposit would qualify and I think or a salary of about £75k pa.

You can get what you want, don't let those clowns tell you otherwise.

Remember this, when you are in a stronger position than the opposition, they are beholding to you. In cash terms, this usually means either when you have a lot deposited with them or you owe them a lot. You can use this leverage to obtain what you want simply by the threat.

At 50% equity, there is no property in the UK which at today's fair market value proves any risk at all to the lender.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 5:52 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodywoodside

Regards
I have sent you a PM with details of someone who maybe able to help you. He has helped us out a couple of times and he's bloody good at his job.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:08 pm
UK>Bay Area, CA>UK

Chrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud of

I am sure the payslip issue is the main part of the problem.

Have you checked your credit history / score? Maybe there is a problem there? if you got to experian or equifax websites (the UK versions), you can pay about 6 quid, and it'll show you your history and score. then you can see if there are any anomolies and sort them out.

Hate to say it but identity theft is becoming more and more of an issue on the UK, so worth checking this anyway, to make sure no-one has been using your details while you have been away.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:32 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by times up
I know that before the crunch you could self certify up to about a 75% mortgage (sometimes higher) but I cannot really believe that they will not entertain you at a 25% morgage.

I know my ex wife has just got a mortgage of arund £200k which is arund 40% to 45% LTV where her salary is circa £40k and thus the mortgage is way over the normal multiples. That is with HSBC.

The OP states that he still has UK credit cards. Some of these must be linked somehow with mortgage providers. I'd approach them.
Abbey National were still doing a self cert morgage last september when i got mine............Best to do it on-line tho.........
When i asked Abbey in person, they said no chance
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:42 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chrissywissy100
I am sure the payslip issue is the main part of the problem.

Have you checked your credit history / score? Maybe there is a problem there? if you got to experian or equifax websites (the UK versions), you can pay about 6 quid, and it'll show you your history and score. then you can see if there are any anomolies and sort them out.

Hate to say it but identity theft is becoming more and more of an issue on the UK, so worth checking this anyway, to make sure no-one has been using your details while you have been away.
Oww you have just reminded me.....I was refused by other banks because i was using my previous address in Canada........So when i or at least my morgage adviser applied for the on-line morgage with Abbey, he put my previous Uk address and bingo it worked.....I didn't need to prove or show any wage slips either......
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:46 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't Nu Shooz get offered a mortgage with no problems? I know we have and we're not even in the country yet.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:52 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by cricket1
Didn't Nu Shooz get offered a mortgage with no problems? I know we have and we're not even in the country yet.
I dont know....maybe she will pop in
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Davy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really nice

Try Abbey. Every time I'm in they're trying to give me mortage.Davy
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

The electoral role cut off they like to see is 3 years. So if you are not on at one place, you shuold inform them where you know you were on.

Getting your credit files fro Equifax and Experion is easy and you can do it online.