British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Home again (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/home-again-770273/)

Irish Guinness Sep 2nd 2012 5:36 am

Home again

Yes here we are yet again,home looking at properties,having a good time,loving every minute.the weather here in Stratford upon Avon is beautiful,since we arrived its been 20'24 degs every day.Have not seen sad faces,people in general are happy going about their daily lives.
The pleasure to have people say hello as you walk past,much more. Friendly than Oz.
We are heading to Cornwall next week.... Oh how I love being here !!

britwhore Sep 3rd 2012 8:23 pm

Re: Home again

yay!!!! Enjoy :)

chris955 Sep 3rd 2012 8:41 pm

This is exactly what we are finding, people seem happy and are going about their lives as normal. Some would have us believe that everyone in the UK is miserable and they wont talk to you but everyone in Australia is just so friendly they fall over themselves to talk to you. Of course neither situation is universally correct.

quoll Sep 4th 2012 6:17 am

Good to hear you are having a great time! I see far more animated happy faces than miserable ones in my travels as well! I think pretty much everyone acknowledges me when I pass people on my long walks - and even the dogs seem happy!

mayhemuk Sep 4th 2012 8:58 am

Wait until you see the weather down here!

Zen10 Sep 4th 2012 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness (Post 10259495)
Yes here we are yet again,home looking at properties,having a good time,loving every minute.the weather here in Stratford upon Avon is beautiful,since we arrived its been 20'24 degs every day.Have not seen sad faces,people in general are happy going about their daily lives.
The pleasure to have people say hello as you walk past,much more. Friendly than Oz.
We are heading to Cornwall next week.... Oh how I love being here !!

Cornwall is very beautiful this time of year, and also fewer tourists as well, which helps a lot.

mayhemuk Sep 4th 2012 10:58 am

Is very beautiful throughout the year! ;-)
Just the wettest summer in 100 years has taken the edge off the enjoyment of it.

Irish Guinness Sep 4th 2012 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by mayhemuk (Post 10263020)
Is very beautiful throughout the year! ;-)
Just the wettest summer in 100 years has taken the edge off the enjoyment of it.

How the weather there now any better,we arrive in Saint Ives this Thursday,hope the weather has improved.

Tel8 Sep 5th 2012 1:19 am

So lovely to hear about some positive things for a change! Particularly positive friendly people (it's been miserable where I am lately- too much rain and anxiety :( )

Irish Guinness Sep 6th 2012 8:14 pm

Hello all me again,made it to Exeter today drove from Reading.booked into The Holiday Inn Exeter !
We checked in then walked across the road to a beautiful pub, The Barn Owl and what a beautiful meal it was.
It's my hubby's birthday tomorrow,so have booked us into The Garrach Resturant in Saint Ives.
God I have got to say,as I drive around this beautiful county I wonder why my parents ever immigrated to Oz.
Well folks after my lovely meal and a FEW DRINKS I am going to hit the sack.
What a wonderful day this has been,so so, happy to be home !!!

mayhemuk Sep 6th 2012 9:20 pm

Weather very decent today and shouldbe tomorrow and saturday!

Irish Guinness Sep 6th 2012 9:31 pm

Great news,we have. Been so lucky !! With the weather so far,must have brought the sunshine from Oz ....

Lorry1 Sep 7th 2012 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness (Post 10267688)
Hello all me again,made it to Exeter today drove from Reading.booked into The Holiday Inn Exeter !
We checked in then walked across the road to a beautiful pub, The Barn Owl and what a beautiful meal it was.
It's my hubby's birthday tomorrow,so have booked us into The Garrach Resturant in Saint Ives.
God I have got to say,as I drive around this beautiful county I wonder why my parents ever immigrated to Oz.
Well folks after my lovely meal and a FEW DRINKS I am going to hit the sack.
What a wonderful day this has been,so so, happy to be home !!!

WOW it sounds perfect! :)